X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what if KD blows out his knee?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Marks blew it, he deserves to get fired if that's what KD wants. His one job was to keep KD and Co happy and he blew it.

One of the main jobs of the GM is to keep the star players bought in and happy. He failed miserably.

Now they're left with nothing but bad options, and the worst option is keeping Marks and having KD sit out or traded for pennies on the dollar.
      Marks kept %^&*(() (2 prima donnas) happy for 3 years. How did that work?
      Marks clean out garbage & start all over.
      Please no prima donna No 1 (KD) to To.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
        Is FVV and OG too much?
        After this garbage demand you still want this piece of crap on your team??????????????????

Comment

• [QUOTE=Hotshot;n1443091]

Not if you keep the rest of the core intact & only give out 2 first

rounders.http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2fqohxxs

But you want assurances that KD will be cool with Nurse & his system while sticking around for at least 3 season.

But it's KD hard to know why he always on the move from good places without good enough reasons.[QUOTE]

And you are still ok with FVV, OG and ONLY (????) 2 FRPs?
          Mind boggling.
          Last edited by Mapko; Mon Aug 8, 2022, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• I think KD's motivation is largely to win another championship so he can say that he doesn't need GS. Problem is he keeps looking to team up with other stars when the last team to beat GS in the finals is right here in front of him with open claws.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Mapko;n1443098]
              Hotshot wrote: View Post

Not if you keep the rest of the core intact & only give out 2 first

rounders.http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2fqohxxs

But you want assurances that KD will be cool with Nurse & his system while sticking around for at least 3 season.

But it's KD hard to know why he always on the move from good places without good enough reasons.[/QUOTE]
              And you are still ok with FVV, OG and ONLY (????) 2 FRPs?
              Mind boggling.
              I didn't say I was ok with it. It's not my decision to make, its Masai's.

All I am saying that I can see that if this scenario was available than he probably pull's the trigger than refuses too.

Look you are going to have to pay some type of price in order to get KD, its not going to be peanuts.

Yes it could be a problem to get along with KD but its also dangerous not to get KD for the right package (if Masai had cold feet, he wouldn't have traded for Kawhi and we would have zero championships today. Kawhi had injury issues as well as he didn't want to come to Toronto at first but Masai the magic president fixed all of that and he can do the same now.) I am all for low balling the Nets but there is a limit to that as well and Masai wouldn't be doing his due diligence in trying to improve this team to compete for a championship in the fastest and longest window as possible.

Comment

• If KD joins the Raptors, he could ask for a trade again, but I feel like people think KD has a habit of this. This is the first time he has ever requested a trade, other times, he left in free agency. Whatever the issue is in Brooklyn, it all stems from Kyrie.

Either way, Raptors have a stable team and front office. Masai is highly respected around the league and Nick has dealt with a superstar previously, who had rumors around him of whether he was going to play for the Raptors when he got traded here.

Comment

• I dont like this marks nash threat its super dirty. Fuk KD

Comment

Is FVV and OG too much?
                    Too much. My stance has not changed. I'm not trading two of Siakam, OG, FVV for Durant. And Scottie is definitely off limits.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Let the other teams fight over him. He’s not the greatest locker guy, and this latest move is not worth the headache.

I still believe we are a few years away from taking a swing on a superstar. We still have to improve our depth so when we make that trade we still have a strong enough team to contend.

Tsai wants a trade that removes every asset from a team, he’s not going to get that, but I suspect it will still be a good haul. Something that we can’t afford.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                        Let the other teams fight over him. He’s not the greatest locker guy, and this latest move is not worth the headache.

I still believe we are a few years away from taking a swing on a superstar. We still have to improve our depth so when we make that trade we still have a strong enough team to contend.

Tsai wants a trade that removes every asset from a team, he’s not going to get that, but I suspect it will still be a good haul. Something that we can’t afford.
                        It'll only be that if there's a market for him out there that to this point appears to be completely non-existent.

Maybe the Celtics cave on Brown plus Smart plus multiple picks. If not, I suspect the more reasonable offers from the Raps are near the front of the pack.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• next question... lets say the nets keep him and don't adjust their valuations until next year .... would you want KD next year when he is entering age 35 season wise.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

It'll only be that if there's a market for him out there that to this point appears to be completely non-existent.

Maybe the Celtics cave on Brown plus Smart plus multiple picks. If not, I suspect the more reasonable offers from the Raps are near the front of the pack.
                            do you think fvv and trent beats brown and white? assuming they only put 2 picks and we put 3?

Comment

next question... lets say the nets keep him and don't adjust their valuations until next year .... would you want KD next year when he is entering age 35 season wise.
                              I guess it depends how KD looks this year. And what the price is next year...
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

do you think fvv and trent beats brown and white? assuming they only put 2 picks and we put 3?
                                The real question is what the Nets are after. If they value current players way more than picks, the pick value might not swing much. But maybe they desire a big pick package a lot, in which case the picks could really swing things. And then there's the question of upside, contract certainty, fit, etc. Very hard to parse. On the face of it, I'd think FVV+Trent would require more picks, maybe all the picks, to beat a Brown offer. But who knows?
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X