Everything 2023 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

so older prospect like Norman, Delon or Fred? or raw prospect like Siakam, OG, Bruno?
    Bobby said after the Barnes draft: "We like'em long and we like'em versatile" , which means:

With the 13th pick, the Toronto Raptors draft.... Leonard Miller.

I'm not a draft guy, but Cason Wallace is my pick, if he's still available at 13. Those Kentucky guards find another level in the NBA.

Could be planned mis-direction by Bobby.

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post

Fred is almost done with the Raptors, He did not execerise the player's option.
      That was all but a guarantee. He was always going to make more than his player option. He can still come back.

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post

Fred is almost done with the Raptors, He did not execerise the player's option.
        Literally the only scenario where he'd have picked up that option was if he was badly injured, and we knew that the moment he signed his last contract. Literally nothing there.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Bobby said after the Barnes draft: "We like'em long and we like'em versatile" , which means:

With the 13th pick, the Toronto Raptors draft.... Leonard Miller.

I'm not a draft guy, but Cason Wallace is my pick, if he's still available at 13. Those Kentucky guards find another level in the NBA.

Could be planned mis-direction by Bobby.
          I think it's probably more generically - a two way player, hard worker, etc. So Cason probably still fits the bill.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

so older prospect like Norman, Delon or Fred? or raw prospect like Siakam, OG, Bruno?
            It's a non answer from Bobby. Could mean anything.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

By definition, whoever they draft will be a Raptor (at least on draft night). Well played Bobby. Well played

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

By definition, whoever they draft will be a Raptor (at least on draft night). Well played Bobby. Well played
                Highly likely Bilal.

Comment

• I doubt Wallace makes it to our pick. There has been some back injury concerns, so he might slide a bit. I think I’m leaning towards:

1.Wallace, if by a miracle he’s there.
                  2. George, he had a bad second half of the season, so he dropped, but there was reports of an ankle injury. I think he should be higher in the draft.
                  3. Bufkin - if we pick him before George, I’d be cool with that. Who ever the Raps have the most confidence in.

I could really see it being Coulibaly, it’s a total Raps pick.

Last edited by saints91; Wed Jun 14, 2023, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• At this point I think my short list is Cason Wallace, Bilal and Leonard Miller. Very Raptorsy picks.

But there are another half dozen or so interesting names I would hardly complain about. Heck, based on history I’ll probably do some deeper research on whoever they pick and decide I like the pick.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Rookie wire is showing that the Raps have worked out Gradey Dick.

Comment

• Could this be a draft where we might trade back to try and get a later FRP and an SRP? A lot of the guys in our range seem very similar.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Apparently Bobby Webster was interested in the CIA as a career path. You can totally see that in the vibe he gives off.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              Could this be a draft where we might trade back to try and get a later FRP and an SRP? A lot of the guys in our range seem very similar.
                              Would rather just buy an extra SRP, than move down in the draft from our own FRP. A lot of SRPs have changed hands recently, so there should be some available via trade.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Could this be a draft where we might trade back to try and get a later FRP and an SRP? A lot of the guys in our range seem very similar.
                                I’d hope not. As much as drafts do tend to plateau pretty quickly outside the top 5, with Masai’s team building philosophy we won’t be getting too many lotto picks, maybe best to just take your best guy in this spot and not complicate things.

Now if it was more like a trade down to add a future 1st, maybe, depending on how they view the tiers of the draft. But a second is pretty low compensation.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X