Game #62: Toronto Raptors 94 - Charlotte Hornets 103

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    It can't be that nearly every single game just not a good game for JV in the fourth. Everyone else can play like shit but "it just wasn't a good mathup for JV". Even if he is playing awesome.
    Casey decides to bench our tallest defender against their tallest scorer. Casey logic!

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
      who said that?

All i know is that benching your best player and the centrepoint of any possible big success this franchise will have because he couldn't stop the best post scorer in the NBA from making some shots from the post (and, some of these were because of our guards hilariously bad perimeter D at that), is just indicative of how fucking stupid Dwane Casey is.
      Trust me, I'm very much with you here
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          They have 3 good defensive players that's it

MKG, Biyombo, Henderson
          i would say marvin williams, and stevenson are pretty good too.

sooo....
          6 of their 9 man rotaion players are good at defence. compare that to the raps where 2 of their 9 man rotaion players are good at defence

smh at u guys
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• I'm just angry Lowry hit 4 threes in the last 2 minutes of the game so it looks like he played decently when in reality he was absolutely horrible.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
              Al Jefferson? Mo Williams? Brian Roberts? Cody Zeller? LOOL I'm not having this argument. Stephenson is the only good defender on that team but they play TEAM defense.
              greivis demar lou JV. i cant believe im having this argument
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• al shot 2/6 in the 1st but the 4/5 in the 3rd
                shot 2/4 in the 2nd 2/4 in the 4th
                so jv did a good job at the beginning then he went to chuck, he found his touch and kept rolling

Comment

• There's no question, the Hornets have many defensively sound players.

However, I am a firm believer that the system is truly what makes a defense formidable. The players need to buy in, yes, but the system must also be effective.

For whatever reason, the Raptors defensive system isn't. Is it the players? Or the system? Or both?
                  I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                  -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    Lol YES HE WAS. As Leo said, at that point you have to force him to his left, JV never adjusted

Regardless, I'm certainly not suggesting that he should be benched for it
                    No he wasn't. He hit some hook shots, and some of them were tough, fading over JV's outstretched arms outside the paint. JV kept him in check as well as could be hoped. Big Al is just that good a player. If JV had "forced" him left, Al tends to take the baseline drive, use fakes to lift his defender and get an even easier hook/layup. With Al you just want to keep him out of the paint as best you can and force him to make shots from farther out. If you concede any avenue that allows him to get closer to the bucket, you're totally fucked.

Again, we lost this game because our perimeter defenders...well, calling them that is beyond generous.

Comment

• How did the Heat come back after being down 80-41 to make it 98-95 !!! Damn.

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post

At this point Knicks Sixers are the best matchup. 50-50 on the Knicks.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post

sooo....
                          6 of their 9 man rotaion players are good at defence. compare that to the raps where 2 of their 9 man rotaion players are good at defence

smh at u guys
                          5 lol mkg, biyombo, henderson, marvin and Lance.
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• The thing that worries me is if Masai doesn't fire Casey. I just feel Casey seems to confortable. If he was feeling pressure from Masai I think he would change his ways. He just keeps doing the SAME thing over and over again expecting different results. I don't get it. I really hope Masai is smart man, because Casey has to go. This team has enough talent to be better than this.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post

sooo....

smh at u guys
                              Bro stop making shit up Marvin williams is horrible at defense

SMH you're an idiot
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• I hate to say it, the chemistry isn't there anymore.

We need to bring back Novak, Salmons, Stone and Buycks. Their moral support will win championships.
                                OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X