Everything 2024 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

Those 10 picks, averages are 1 starter, 2 solid rotation players, a couple of deeper bench guys, and 5 busts. So yeah, you can find talent, but odds aren't in your favour.
    Raptors need to hit on those if they want to go back to competing. Andrew Nembhard, Nic Claxton, Jalen Brunson, Herb Jones, Draymond, Deandre Jordan, Mitchell Robinson, Malcolm Brogdon, Daniel Gafford, Gary Trent, Ayo Dosunmu, Spencer Dinwiddie, Khris Middleton, Jerami Grant, Josh Richardson. They need to find guys like this in that 31st range. I know odds are against but throwing away pick like fuck it who cares. I'm not accepting that.

And I don't care about "of all time history" this era has more international talent and domestic talent is better than previous eras.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Raptors need to hit on those if they want to go back to competing. Andrew Nembhard, Nic Claxton, Jalen Brunson, Herb Jones, Draymond, Deandre Jordan, Mitchell Robinson, Malcolm Brogdon, Daniel Gafford, Gary Trent, Ayo Dosunmu, Spencer Dinwiddie, Khris Middleton, Jerami Grant, Josh Richardson. They need to find guys like this in that 31st range. I know odds are against but throwing away pick like fuck it who cares. I'm not accepting that.

And I don't care about "of all time history" this era has more international talent and domestic talent is better than previous eras.
      Yup.. we need to win around the edges again. It's been way too long since we hit on guys like Norm, Pascal, Fred, Delon, etc. Can't just rely on lottery level picks to turn this franchise around.

Comment

• No one is saying anything about throwing away a pick.

But there is a difference between the alternatives available in the lotto versus mid-1st vs early 2nd round.

No matter who you pick in the mid-1st, you are betting on them being able to improve whatever weaknesses have them outside the lotto. No matter who you pick in the early 2nd, you are betting on them being able to improve the many weaknesses that have them outside the 1st round.

There are absolutely question marks with Edey. But there are with any prospect in these ranges. It is perfectly fine to be of the opinion that you don't think the Raptors should pick Edey in the first or even the second because you don't like the question marks that come with him. I'd lean that way in the first round, less so in the second. But that does not mean anyone who thinks the question marks are acceptable in those ranges are advocating for throwing away a pick.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah, you can't judge Raps front office results in comparison to average outcomes. Masai is the NBA's highest paid front office executive. It should actually be expected that he out-performs other front offices (i.e. hits on picks, FAs, trades, undervalued contracts, etc...). And then you've got Bobby Webster's salary, which I'm sure isn't chump change. Possibly the highest paid front office in the NBA, on aggregate.

If we're just going to expect average (or worse) outcomes, then Ed Rogers was right.... just get rid of Masai and let Bobby do the job.

Comment

• Who says Masai is the highest paid?
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              No one is saying anything about throwing away a pick.

But there is a difference between the alternatives available in the lotto versus mid-1st vs early 2nd round.

No matter who you pick in the mid-1st, you are betting on them being able to improve whatever weaknesses have them outside the lotto. No matter who you pick in the early 2nd, you are betting on them being able to improve the many weaknesses that have them outside the 1st round.

There are absolutely question marks with Edey. But there are with any prospect in these ranges. It is perfectly fine to be of the opinion that you don't think the Raptors should pick Edey in the first or even the second because you don't like the question marks that come with him. I'd lean that way in the first round, less so in the second. But that does not mean anyone who thinks the question marks are acceptable in those ranges are advocating for throwing away a pick.
              I think considering the style of basketball we play and the fact we have 2 veteran centers under long term contract, taking Edey would be wasting a pick. He doesn't fit what we do at all on offense or defense and we don't even have C minutes available.

Even if he's a slightly better Boban, that player would not be getting minutes on the Raptors.

There will be many far more attractive project picks available at 31, guys that have skills that fit what we do (and the modern NBA in general).

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                I do the tankathon simulator once in a while, and I've been getting Raps with the first overall pick A LOT. Feeling lucky this year.
                Weird. As soul sucking and useless as the process is, I find myself doing it over and over every once in a while. It seems like more often than not something good happens but I guess that’s what happens when you have about a 50/50 chance of getting 1,2,3,4 or 6

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

Weird. As soul sucking and useless as the process is, I find myself doing it over and over every once in a while. It seems like more often than not something good happens but I guess that’s what happens when you have about a 50/50 chance of getting 1,2,3,4 or 6
                  I tried it once today, the Raps dropped down one spot.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I think considering the style of basketball we play and the fact we have 2 veteran centers under long term contract, taking Edey would be wasting a pick. He doesn't fit what we do at all on offense or defense and we don't even have C minutes available.

Even if he's a slightly better Boban, that player would not be getting minutes on the Raptors.

There will be many far more attractive project picks available at 31, guys that have skills that fit what we do (and the modern NBA in general).
                    I'd prefer to move Kelly to PF.. or get a PF that can rebound and protect the rim (ultimately most players are position-less anyway). I have seen enough of Kelly as the main 5-man and those lineups usually fail.

And I don't want the entire team to crater if Jak gets hurt again. So I do think we could use another big. I just don't think it should be Edey though.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I'd prefer to move Kelly to PF.. or get a PF that can rebound and protect the rim (ultimately most players are position-less anyway). I have seen enough of Kelly as the main 5-man and those lineups usually fail.

And I don't want the entire team to crater if Jak gets hurt again. So I do think we could use another big. I just don't think it should be Edey though.
                      A mobile shot blocking big who can play PF or C would be a nice addition that fills a need.

I still think Kelly will be getting the vast majority of backup C minutes, and become the starter if Jak goes down.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

With the Indy pick dropping to 19, if we lose our FRP after the season we just had, it would be a real kick in the nuts.

I was saying before the season kicked off that I can't remember a season I looked forward to less than the one that just passed and unfortunately it was as disappointing as expected. If we lose our FRP it might be a repeat. I'd have a bit of hope that losing the FRP would put more pressure on management to make some off season magic happen, but not obviously no guarantees there. They've gotta sell us some hope right?

Comment

• are we there yet? there is about 6 players I can live with if we draft. i dont have a “we must draft this guy “ pick cause our team is in flux and we probably lost porter.

sarr defence
                            cody can develop into a robin
                            datlon gives us a feature scorer

i want edey but his speed and foot work needs work.

someone show me the light i am leaning towards dalton

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              Who says Masai is the highest paid?
                              Will have to dig up the source, but I believe it was something like: Riley ($11M), RC Buford ($9M), Myers ($8M) as the top 3... before Masai got his $15M new deal.. which would make him #1.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

With the Indy pick dropping to 19, if we lose our FRP after the season we just had, it would be a real kick in the nuts.

I was saying before the season kicked off that I can't remember a season I looked forward to less than the one that just passed and unfortunately it was as disappointing as expected. If we lose our FRP it might be a repeat. I'd have a bit of hope that losing the FRP would put more pressure on management to make some off season magic happen, but not obviously no guarantees there. They've gotta sell us some hope right?
                                No way man. I'm already way more hyped for next season than I was for this season because we finally picked a direction, made major trades and started building around Scottie. The team and our future look WAY different than it did going into this season with Pascal, OG, and Dennis. Pick or no pick next season is going to be way more fun than this season was. We actually looked pretty good the brief period after all the trades while Scottie and Jak were still healthy, that's something to be excited about.

Comment

Working...
                                X