No announcement yet.

Everything 2024 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edey would have been really valuable the past few weeks. The amount of bricks we've put up, he'd be grabbing 10-15 offensive rebounds each game.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• G______Deane wrote: View Post

The Raptors have been good/very good for the majority of most fringe fans fandom, who help fill out that attendance. Another year or two of this garbage and you don't think attendance could suffer? Another year or two and you don't think Masai would be fired?

The economy is getting worse, discretionary income is more scrutinzed and this is not the Leafs; they are not immune. MLSE and Masai above all peope, understand this.
      We can have a 12 man all Canadian roster and if we suck no one will attend games. No one gives a shit when buying tickets what nationality our players are. If we're winning we sell out, if we suck we don't, it's really that simple and having more or less Candians on the team has no bearing on it.
      Last edited by Primer; Tue Mar 26, 2024, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

We can have a 12 man all Canadian roster and if we suck no one will attend games. No one gives a shit when buying tickets what nationality our players are. If we're winning we sell out, if we suck we don't, it's really that simple and having more or less Candians on the team has no bearing on it.
        That will totally blow up in their faces.
        Fans will be like, these Canadian players suck, why won't they acquire Americans?

Comment

• People acting like Edey isn't about to be the first 2x National Player of the Year since Ralph Sampson in 1983. Him being Canadian is a bonus. Nothing more.

Comment

• if we draft edey he will be a guaranteed 25 pts 10 rebounds in 2-3 years IF you have a point guard that will give him the rock. 15-20 touches in the post a game.

what you get with that is
            1. you have to slow down the game. walk the ball up let edey get a chance to catch his breathe

2. he has to stay in the paint on defence some type of shifting zone.

3. offence will be our defence edey has to get the other teams big in foul trouble. especially if its a pick and pop big. get their big off the floor so edey gets the right matchup so he stays in the paint

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              People acting like Edey isn't about to be the first 2x National Player of the Year since Ralph Sampson in 1983. Him being Canadian is a bonus. Nothing more.
              bro we are drafting edey it makes too much sense. start warming up now it will not hurt as much when you hear his name

Comment

• Edey is probably an srp for me. He's not bullying full grown men in the NBA the way he's manhandled the opposition in college. How often has he faced off against a guy remotely his size? Once every 10 games? If he can add a shot and expand on his passing game then it would have helped his draft position.

Comment

People acting like Edey isn't about to be the first 2x National Player of the Year since Ralph Sampson in 1983. Him being Canadian is a bonus. Nothing more.
                  A 1X National Player of the Year would normally declare for the draft to start making his millions a year earlier with nothing left to prove as a man vs. boys. I mean if KD stayed in college, I'd go out on a limb and predict he'd beat out Tyler Hansbrough the next season.

Comment

• I can't trust G-league players coming into the draft... have a serious bias there. But you gotta love the cajones on the kid.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I really like what I see from Ware. He's a legit 7'0 big that is a bit more mobile than other centers in this class. He can hit a 3 (shots over 40% but only takes 1 a game). His biggest issue is that he sometimes comes across as lackadaisical. I think he could be the best defending center in this class and with Jontay no longer on the team most likely he helps fill a need too.
                      Jontay perhaps gone, Koloko done, Thad gonzo, Poeltl unlucky or injury prone....they need to draft a C with their 2nd round pick

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Somewhere the plot was lost here.
                        I'm not saying the Raps will or should draft him. I said unless he's the best BPA they won't in fact. I just replied when someone (you?) said they don't even notice that's he's Canadian, I said a bit more than you think. If he's tied for BPA or best draft-for-need available, they'll take him and play up the Canadian angle 100%

Comment

• G______Deane wrote: View Post

Jontay perhaps gone, Koloko done, Thad gonzo, Poeltl unlucky or injury prone....they need to draft a C with their 2nd round pick
                          I think it really depends on where the better centers are ranked in the draft.

There are a few that are in this class mocked to go in the first round:

Alexandre Sarr
                          Kel'el Ware
                          Donovan Clingan
                          Kyle Filipowski
                          Yves Misi
                          Zach Edey

There is a chance one drops all the way to 31/32. But I'd want to get one of the better ones if possible earlier than later.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                            if we draft edey he will be a guaranteed 25 pts 10 rebounds in 2-3 years IF you have a point guard that will give him the rock. 15-20 touches in the post a game.

what you get with that is
                            1. you have to slow down the game. walk the ball up let edey get a chance to catch his breathe

2. he has to stay in the paint on defence some type of shifting zone.

3. offence will be our defence edey has to get the other teams big in foul trouble. especially if its a pick and pop big. get their big off the floor so edey gets the right matchup so he stays in the paint
                            Good luck on the other end, teams will be feasting on us in transition. His man will get open threes if he stays patrolling the paint.
                            We will be so limited with him on the floor and teams will be able to easily break us down due to limited creative options on offense.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Good luck on the other end, teams will be feasting on us in transition. His man will get open threes if he stays patrolling the paint.
                              We will be so limited with him on the floor and teams will be able to easily break us down due to limited creative options on offense.
                              Rudy Gobert has figured it out though. I think it's a risk but if he can show some mobility at the NBA level, he can have a solid career. I personally don't take that bet. But I am not going to lose sleep over it if the Raptors do.

Comment

watching him be bad enough in fiba that we had to switch to a zone to cover to him and then promptly taking him off told me everythign.

Comment

Working...
                                X