Everything 2024 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G______Deane wrote: View Post

Actually, my guess is the Canadian angle would play into it more than you think. Not taking him over the consensus far better player but the marketing and ticket department would be in his ear big time....Kelly, Edey, Boucher coming off the bench for some time with Barrett , starting lineup on Canada Day for sure.
    Build your team like that and good luck in attracting free agents.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      It's super early but here's my first big board. Going to stop at 10 picks, but once we know where the Pacers pick eventually lands will extend out to there.

1. Zaccharie Risacher
      2. Reed Sheppard
      3. Nikola Topic
      4. Kel'el Ware
      5. Dalton Knecht
      6. Cody Williams
      7. Rob Dillingham
      8. Jarred McCain
      9. Ryan Dunn
      10. Devin Carter

Hopefully one of these guys are there at the Pacers spot.
      3rd for Topic is too high I think.

6th for Cody Williams is too low from a Big Board perspective, but if you're assuming that is where the Raps pick, then I support this. Lol

Not having Sarr on there is a pretty hot take as well I think.

Otherwise, decent list.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Yup, that's the fear.
        And we don't attract free agents....

Comment

It's super early but here's my first big board. Going to stop at 10 picks, but once we know where the Pacers pick eventually lands will extend out to there.

1. Zaccharie Risacher
          2. Reed Sheppard
          3. Nikola Topic
          4. Kel'el Ware
          5. Dalton Knecht
          6. Cody Williams
          7. Rob Dillingham
          8. Jarred McCain
          9. Ryan Dunn
          10. Devin Carter

Hopefully one of these guys are there at the Pacers spot.
          Ware is wayyyy too high. I think he's a 2nd round guy. Also think Carter and Dunn are too high.

I see Cody Williams getting drafted in the top 10 but I think he has bust written all over him.

My top 5 hasn't changed much. But here's my top 10:

Risacher
          Sheppard
          Castle
          Dillingham
          Holland
          Sarr
          Topic
          Walter
          Buzelis
          Knecht

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

3rd for Topic is too high I think.

6th for Cody Williams is too low from a Big Board perspective, but if you're assuming that is where the Raps pick, then I support this. Lol

Not having Sarr on there is a pretty hot take as well I think.

Otherwise, decent list.
            This is my preferred list.. meaning if we're picking 4th and Risacher is still there you take him and don't look forward. I have 5 guys ahead of Cody.

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Topic. I think he has the potential to be really good. But I have Killian Hayes type of fear for him too. Yet I think he could be the best pure PG in this draft.

This list will likely change a few times.

And yeah, I think Sarr could be a bust.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Ware is wayyyy too high. I think he's a 2nd round guy. Also think Carter and Dunn are too high.

I see Cody Williams getting drafted in the top 10 but I think he has bust written all over him.

My top 5 hasn't changed much. But here's my top 10:

Risacher
              Sheppard
              Castle
              Dillingham
              Holland
              Sarr
              Topic
              Walter
              Buzelis
              Knecht
              I really like what I see from Ware. He's a legit 7'0 big that is a bit more mobile than other centers in this class. He can hit a 3 (shots over 40% but only takes 1 a game). His biggest issue is that he sometimes comes across as lackadaisical. I think he could be the best defending center in this class and with Jontay no longer on the team most likely he helps fill a need too.

Comment

I mean, we already don't attract free agents, so might as well see if we can lure the Canadian Free Agents .. *cough*Shai*cough*

Comment

• G______Deane wrote: View Post

The Raptors have been good/very good for the majority of most fringe fans fandom, who help fill out that attendance. Another year or two of this garbage and you don't think attendance could suffer? Another year or two and you don't think Masai would be fired?

The economy is getting worse, discretionary income is more scrutinzed and this is not the Leafs; they are not immune. MLSE and Masai above all peope, understand this.
                  So the answer is to draft Edey because he's Canadian and that'll keep fans in their seats?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I mean, we already don't attract free agents, so might as well see if we can lure the Canadian Free Agents .. *cough*Shai*cough*
                    This team is in a deep deep hole, Joey.

Comment

• It's going to be wild trying to predict who gets picked and in what order. It might be a case of teams picking for need more than BPA since it's such a level field this year.

I still think the Raps are going make Tidjane Salaun their main target. Will be interesting if they somehow get the top pick and Risacher or Sarr could be had.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        It's going to be wild trying to predict who gets picked and in what order. It might be a case of teams picking for need more than BPA since it's such a level field this year.

I still think the Raps are going make Tidjane Salaun their main target. Will be interesting if they somehow get the top pick and Risacher or Sarr could be had.
                        Salaun reminds me of Michael Porter Jr.

Comment

So the answer is to draft Edey because he's Canadian and that'll keep fans in their seats?
                          I mean, at 7'4" he's a veritable freak show ... I know some people would absolutely pay just for that. Ripleys Believe it or Not and a Raptors game all in one! Lol

Comment

Salaun reminds me of Michael Porter Jr.
                            Totally different players imo, but he's a very willing shooter from what I've seen on youtube.

He reminds me a lot of Giannis when he first came into the league. Really raw but great physical tools, highly competitive and a crazy good motor.

Comment

It's going to be wild trying to predict who gets picked and in what order. It might be a case of teams picking for need more than BPA since it's such a level field this year.

I saw this posted the other day.. not sure how real it is but if it is it can be an issue:

Raptors are moving away from guys who can't shoot since bringing in Darko. So if Salaun is a non-shooter I don't think he will get picked.

Comment

I saw this posted the other day.. not sure how real it is but if it is it can be an issue:

Raptors are moving away from guys who can't shoot since bringing in Darko. So if Salaun is a non-shooter I don't think he will get picked.
                                Yeah, he's super raw for sure and makes lots of mistakes as well. I like him because of his physical tools and intangibles more so than his current skill set. He'll still be 18 on draft night so a lot of his issues are to be expected and you would anticipate with development and repetition he'll make improvements.

I think with the draft you are going for high upside players and he has one of the highest ceilings imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X