Everything 2024 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Young Paul George with less handles plus shades of young Giannis.
    Whoa
    Perhaps a modern day David Robinson

Speaking of Paul George, it just occured to me while watching earlier that Gradey Dick has a bit of PG in his game.
    Last edited by Kagemusha; Sat Jan 27, 2024, 03:06 AM.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Whoa
      Perhaps a modern day David Robinson

Speaking of Paul George, it just occured to me while watching earlier that Gradey Dick has a bit of PG in his game.
      Just needs a lot more

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

i think in France he was looking at Tidjane Salaün
        This guy?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• For a weak draft there sure are a lot of intriguing prospects. Multiple picks in a weak draft just make it a better draft.

im sure mgmt picks that Salaun guy if we keep our pick. Hes all over draft boards as high as 4

How about PF Adem Bona???? Compared to a faster Nene. A rebounding explosive pf with great D sounds like a perfect fit. Not an outside threat though.

and how about PJ Hall? Feels like Im watching a game in 1988 watching him. Hes all over the boards too

btw i did a recap last year after the draft but only compared nbadraft.net and tankathon. Tankathon was a lot more accurate in their predictions.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
            For a weak draft there sure are a lot of intriguing prospects. Multiple picks in a weak draft just make it a better draft.

im sure mgmt picks that Salaun guy if we keep our pick. Hes all over draft boards as high as 4

How about PF Adem Bona???? Compared to a faster Nene. A rebounding explosive pf with great D sounds like a perfect fit. Not an outside threat though.

and how about PJ Hall? Feels like Im watching a game in 1988 watching him. Hes all over the boards too

btw i did a recap last year after the draft but only compared nbadraft.net and tankathon. Tankathon was a lot more accurate in their predictions.
            Its weak in terms of there doesn't seem to be any high end talent at the top of the lottery, but you never know who will end up being good players.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

It’s weak in terms of there doesn't seem to be any high end talent at the top of the lottery, but you never know who will end up being good players.
              Giannis and Gobert were in the Anthony Bennett draft. With multiple FRPs, Masai could make a promise to a high potential young guy who wasn’t going to declare until next year.

Comment

• A guy I like with our late first round picks is Tyrese Proctor. 6'5" system point guard. He can run a pick and role, throw lobs, and really picks his spots, keeping his turnovers low. His 3 point shooting has looked good this year, and he is sound defensively. He reminds me a bit of Alvin Wililams and Derek Harper for you old heads, for a newer comparison,I look at a guy Like Nadrew Nembhard;
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Legit could have used Edey in the middle yesterday against the parade of dunks by the Hawks yesterday.

Comment

• I think we have to end up with another C somewhere and I'm not sure we can wait for the draft and a year or two of development out of the league. So maybe out of trading one of our picks plus a roster player etc. We need to draft shooters, guys who can hit the three especially now that Fred, OG (and potentially GTJr) are gone. Draft for eficiency and someone who can hit their flippin' free throws.

Masai has to salvage the Siakam trade.

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post
                      I think we have to end up with another C somewhere and I'm not sure we can wait for the draft and a year or two of development out of the league. So maybe out of trading one of our picks plus a roster player etc. We need to draft shooters, guys who can hit the three especially now that Fred, OG (and potentially GTJr) are gone. Draft for eficiency and someone who can hit their flippin' free throws.

That's the nice thing about Edey being a little older and 300 lbs already. He's on the Scottie timeline. Even if he's never more than a 20mpg guy he could step in and be a backup next year. Jak+Porter+Edey you get a little bit of everything you need from a centre rotation. That's before you get into the marketing/fanbase side of things and what he would mean for the 905, proximity to Team Canada, etc.

We need an elite shooter next to Scottie in the frontcourt, I guess down the road that could be Gradey. But for now we have to have bring in shooting from all angles - internal development (e.g. Quickley getting more comfortable in the system), draft picks, free agency with guys like Nwara, etc.

Comment

• Missi is better than Edey. If we're going to draft a C with the Pacers pick, then Missi has to be the guy.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                          Missi is better than Edey. If we're going to draft a C with the Pacers pick, then Missi has to be the guy.
                          I'm thinking of either the Pistons' pick or the Thunder's, not that we'll keep all of them. Pacer's pick would be nice to go higher skill/feel for the game.

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post
                            I think we have to end up with another C somewhere and I'm not sure we can wait for the draft and a year or two of development out of the league. So maybe out of trading one of our picks plus a roster player etc. We need to draft shooters, guys who can hit the three especially now that Fred, OG (and potentially GTJr) are gone. Draft for eficiency and someone who can hit their flippin' free throws.

There’s no salvaging here - Pascal’s low trade value and losing FVV for nothing was/is the price paid to take a run at the play-in last season. Was the cheap thrill worth it? Obviously not.

The OG to Knicks trade was a minor miracle… an exception, which can’t be expected for every expiring UFA.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

There’s no salvaging here - Pascal’s low trade value and losing FVV for nothing was/is the price paid to take a run at the play-in last season. Was the cheap thrill worth it? Obviously not.

The OG to Knicks trade was a minor miracle… an exception, which can’t be expected for every expiring UFA.
                              I think we got a good return for Pascal. Nothing to salvage.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                                Missi is better than Edey. If we're going to draft a C with the Pacers pick, then Missi has to be the guy.
                                Who is Missi?
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X