Everything 2024 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Let’s get some March Madness talk here. From people who know more, who should I be watching today?
    The 7 pm game with Kentucky for sure, 2 best players in the tourney and the Vols at 9 pm with Knecht.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Nwora is currently playing well as a bench player and played well in Indiana as a bench player and played well in Milwaukee as a bench player. I think it's safe to say he's a good end of bench player. Not sure why you can't bring yourself to admit that.

We had a real roster after the trades. Before Scottie and Jak went down we were rolling and the play in looked very possible. Gradey looked really good on that team.

Dick is not a volume scorer, he needs to play off better players and thrives in that role. That's exactly what we need him for.

GG took 6 more shots and played 10 more minutes than Bane did in the game you're gushing over. Seems like he was the focus and thats a role he's extremely unlikely to have if the Grizzlies were healthy and actually trying to win games instead of lose on purpose.

If Dick was putting up GG numbers right now I'd be shocked because that's not his game. He's never come close to putting up the 19 shots GG did or the 24 shots GG took recently. His heaviest minute games he put up 10-13 shots, he's not a chucker. GG takes WAY more shots that Gradey it's not even close. I question the value of GG if you're not giving him a ton of shots.
      GG takes more shots, since he can actually get his shots off against good contests, because of his size and skill. I like Gradey (not falling for that trap, lol), but sometimes it looks like he's turning down open shots, which probably aren't actually open because he isn't comfortable with being contested.

This isn't really a Gradey vs. GG debate. We could've had GG with the SECOND round pick we coughed up to the Spurs for Jakob. 6'9" with long arms and athletic. He had Raptor written all over him. GG was picked 1 spot before our pick. The Jakob trade is the gift that keeps on giving.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
        Let’s get some March Madness talk here. From people who know more, who should I be watching today?
        Kentucky and Tennessee are the teams to watch this year.

Also like UConn, I think Castle is going to have a breakout tournament.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

GG takes more shots, since he can actually get his shots off against good contests, because of his size and skill. I like Gradey (not falling for that trap, lol), but sometimes it looks like he's turning down open shots, which probably aren't actually open because he isn't comfortable with being contested.

This isn't really a Gradey vs. GG debate. We could've had GG with the SECOND round pick we coughed up to the Spurs for Jakob. 6'9" with long arms and athletic. He had Raptor written all over him. GG was picked 1 spot before our pick. The Jakob trade is the gift that keeps on giving.

"Even more alarming has been the way Jackson has responded to his own struggles, be it calling out his coaching staff on social media from the locker room or displaying poor body language on the sidelines on multiple occasions, indicating a distinct lack of maturity. "

The guy was an a-hole. Not a Masai guy whatsoever.

If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Gary has been a scoring machine taking lots of shots in losing efforts for a bad tanking team. Weird how someone can love GG but hate Gary (not talking about you). Their stats recently are pretty damn similar.

Comment

Gary has been a scoring machine taking lots of shots in losing efforts for a bad tanking team. Weird how someone can love GG but hate Gary (not talking about you). Their stats recently are pretty damn similar.
              Yeah because they're the same type of players right?

Also, one is an 18 year old rookie, the other is a 25 year old player.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• It's just funny because if the Raps had a rookie who scores a lot of points like GG, Primer's tune would be a lot different.

Frankly, I didn't know that a rookie who scores a lot of points for a bad team is bad now.

Learning something new everyday.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  It's just funny because if the Raps had a rookie who scores a lot of points like GG, Primer's tune would be a lot different.

Frankly, I didn't know that a rookie who scores a lot of points for a bad team is bad now.

Learning something new everyday.
                  How he responds when his role is diminished and changes will tell more than any of the scoring he is doing now. He had questions about his character coming into last year’s draft. There’s been some issues this year but they’ve been outshined by his scoring outbursts. Google his problems from last year in college. He’s and energy taker, not an energy giver. Guys like that are hard on the head and can be bad for a locker room.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Nwora is currently playing well as a bench player and played well in Indiana as a bench player and played well in Milwaukee as a bench player. I think it's safe to say he's a good end of bench player. Not sure why you can't bring yourself to admit that.

We had a real roster after the trades. Before Scottie and Jak went down we were rolling and the play in looked very possible. Gradey looked really good on that team.

Dick is not a volume scorer, he needs to play off better players and thrives in that role. That's exactly what we need him for.

GG took 6 more shots and played 10 more minutes than Bane did in the game you're gushing over. Seems like he was the focus and thats a role he's extremely unlikely to have if the Grizzlies were healthy and actually trying to win games instead of lose on purpose.

If Dick was putting up GG numbers right now I'd be shocked because that's not his game. He's never come close to putting up the 19 shots GG did or the 24 shots GG took recently. His heaviest minute games he put up 10-13 shots, he's not a chucker. GG takes WAY more shots that Gradey it's not even close. I question the value of GG if you're not giving him a ton of shots.
                    I think proving you can handle a usage rate of 24% at 19 years old and actually deliver at a decent clip is a bigger deal than you're making it.

That said, Gradey needs to learn to just pull the trigger. Way too many times he's passed up a good shot. Needs more of a killer instinct. Coach needs to instill that in him.

Comment

• Kentucky is in trouble folks.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                        Kentucky is in trouble folks.

Comment

• Reed Sheppard with a whopping 3 points in first round loss.

That performance is gonna cost him millions of dollars
                          Last edited by Rudy Bargnani; Thu Mar 21, 2024, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

The 7 pm game with Kentucky for sure, 2 best players in the tourney and the Vols at 9 pm with Knecht.
                            Plan B?

Comment

• Dillingham and especially Sheppard really crumbled. Can't go by only game but neither helped their draft stock.

On the bright side maybe we can get one of them with the Indy pick. Nah, FO's aren't that stupid.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

"Even more alarming has been the way Jackson has responded to his own struggles, be it calling out his coaching staff on social media from the locker room or displaying poor body language on the sidelines on multiple occasions, indicating a distinct lack of maturity. "

The guy was an a-hole. Not a Masai guy whatsoever.
                                My only response is: Kyle Lowry.

Comment

Working...
                                X