Everything 2024 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    ESPN this morning going over the potentials for #1. Sarr and Risacher of course. A few sites have mentioned Risacher cooling off from both 2 and 3. But "he's already played 60 games this season -- nearly two college seasons, with his team enduring G League-style travel conditions. " Sarr played 27 in Perth.

Clingan is still possible, and a bit of a surprise - Dillingham, with widely divergent opinions. "a big wild card in terms of his draft range. Some teams say he is firmly in their conversations for No. 1, while others have a difficult time looking past his measurables and porous defense and consider him more of a super sixth man type spark plug scoring option."

This also brings up a point about people posting one scouts opinion and making it god's word. So there could be a tweet "scout says Dillingham is number 1" but just as easily "scout says Dillingham is no more than a 6th man". Are either accurate? If you really like him you may think the first tweet is. If you don't you may agree with the second tweet. But neither is necessarily true, each is just one opinion of many.
    in last couple of years we've seen how much workouts can swing things. And none of those scouts know how that will go.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

in last couple of years we've seen how much workouts can swing things. And none of those scouts know how that will go.
      Yup, combines are the first step of weeding guys out and then the workouts. Guys that don't measure up in the combines start to drop unless they excel somewhere else like speed, athleticism or some other undeniable ability.

Comment

• I understand that many scouts say that Zach Edey's game does not fit in today's NBA, but I think that kid is a hell of a player and his inside presence is unmatched. My only knock on him is that We as a Raptors organization is one of the worst in developing big men.

But I will still draft him.

Comment

• Can't wait until someone else drafts Edey.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            Can't wait until someone else drafts Edey.
            lmao if we get 1-3 or 6 we will get a good player

Comment

• Would love to fully beef up with 3 picks. Risacher, Edey, and Chomche.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                Would love to fully beef up with 3 picks. Risacher, Edey, and Chomche.
                I like Chomche he needs a full year maybe 1.5 years of g league time but good pick up. Risacher I am looking I think he is having a slump time right now. He is I believe 15/65 in his last 10 games. We wil see. Edey I have said my piece on him. No.

With Zach R. he will need to become a much better finisher.

Comment

• If Dink Pate enters the equation I would select him. was one of the names I listed for 2025. I would love to get one of those names Took a quick look. The numbers are bad but he was 17 this past year playing in the G-League. He can create his own offence and has a had between a 4.5-3:1 assist to turn over ratio. 6'8 as well. We need someone with offensive juice next to Barnes. RJ is nice but he is what he is in my opinion. Minor improvements but no major upside because of what his limitations are (going right and the pull up midrange which comes with counters takes 2-3 years to develop assuming everything goes well). He seems to be a decent defender too especially factoring in the age.

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
                    I understand that many scouts say that Zach Edey's game does not fit in today's NBA, but I think that kid is a hell of a player and his inside presence is unmatched. My only knock on him is that We as a Raptors organization is one of the worst in developing big men.

But I will still draft him.
                    which is another reason why we shouldn't

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

His model is pretty good. He did really well in 2018 (but had Shai at 20).

But he has had his busts.

In 2021 he picked Garuba at #8.
                      In 2020 he picked Anthony #4, Hampton #8, Hayes #9. Maxey & Bane were in the 20's. He had IQ at 61.
                      In 2019 he picked Reddish #5, Bol #6, Culver #7, Okeke #8, and some guy named Dedric Lawson #9. He had Herro at #24.
                      In 2017 he had Fultz #2, Dennis Smith #4, Collins #5, Josh Jackson #6. He had Tatum #8.

That 2019 draft sucked though, so I don't blame him. I think he would have loved to have redone the 2017 draft. At least he had OG #7.

But yeah definitely intriguing. He'll likely redo this article in June. Would like to see if there is any changes.
                      Fultz isn't a bust but he wont live up to the #1 hype ever. Josh is serviceable its just the contract. Garuba was the ultimate bruno esque player. 2020 you give everyone slack for because of RONA.

Reddish IS that talented but he is a bit of a headcase. Bol Bol i've heard bad things about the work ethic... same with Josh Jackson.

Comment

• We need Atlanta to beat the Pacers and the Sixers, Heat, Lakers, Kings, Warriors to win today. Come on Hawks! The Hawks really have nothing to play for today though, unless the want to avoid the 76ers.

This pick could go from a draw for 13th (tied with 3 or more other teams) to 19th today (with a Pacer win or Magic loss)
                        Last edited by saints91; Sun Apr 14, 2024, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

lmao if we get 1-3 or 6 we will get a good player
                          I don't want Edey with any of our picks. Even at 31 I would be disappointed with the pick.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                            We need Atlanta to beat the Pacers and the Sixers, Heat, Lakers, Kings, Warriors to win today. Come on Hawks! The Hawks really have nothing to play for today though, unless the want to avoid the 76ers.

This pick could go from a draw for 13th (tied with 3 or more other teams) to 19th today (with a Pacer win or Magic loss)
                            always weird stuff on the last day. feel a bit at peace knowing we can't Ben Uzoh ourselves but will he show up on another team?

Interesting that while there is a lot at stake in both the East and West, there aren't really any head to head matchups to decide fate.
                            The Lakers play the Pels but the Lakers are cemented in the play in. They could bring the Pels down to join them but that's about it.

Ironic that Miami and Philly are hanging out in the 7-8 seeds ensuring (for now) that there is no first round cake walk for the top seeds

The Orlando / Bucks game might be the most interesting. Do the Bucks go all out to try to keep the 2 seed? On the other hand, the Magic could wind up in the play in if they don't take this game.

Sneakily one of the more fun days of the year

edit: just realized I'm posting this in the draft thread

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                              We need Atlanta to beat the Pacers and the Sixers, Heat, Lakers, Kings, Warriors to win today. Come on Hawks! The Hawks really have nothing to play for today though, unless the want to avoid the 76ers.

What does that mean for Siakams legacy?
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I like Chomche he needs a full year maybe 1.5 years of g league time but good pick up. Risacher I am looking I think he is having a slump time right now. He is I believe 15/65 in his last 10 games. We wil see. Edey I have said my piece on him. No.

With Zach R. he will need to become a much better finisher.
                                Doesn't sound like you read my last post, so here it is the part on Risacher again:

A few sites have mentioned Risacher cooling off from both 2 and 3. But "he's already played 60 games this season -- nearly two college seasons, with his team enduring G League-style travel conditions. "

If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X