Everything 2024 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post

I agree.. hence why I compared him to a young BroLo.
    This is also freaking delusional. Now Edey is Brook Lopez? Have you ever watched Lopez play? He had a great mid range game on day 1. All the way out to the 3pt line. Edey can't shoot beyond 3 feet.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I'd much rather draft Carter and be set with a young PG who can grow with the team instead of some old retread who we regret signing.

The fascination with Edey is making you guys delusional, already trying to restructure our roster around Boban 2.0.
      What do like so much better about Carter than Kolek?

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post

I'm ok with Sheppard at 6, tho not excited, but he looks solid. Certainly don't want Carter and Sheppard. I'm not against Carter, just think Kolek has similar potential, and Carrington has a higher ceiling, so I'd rather take Edey and Kolek or Carrington. I agree that Sheppard is a good pick if we stay top 6 and he's there.
        If we get Sheppard I would pick someone else at the Pacers pick. I'm in the minority most likely but I take Ware over Edey. I think Ware is more of modern C. He can hit the corner 3. Has good defensive upside. Has more mobility. His issue is that he's not always super engaged which can be an issue.. but I like his potential.

I also like guys like Tristan Da Silva and Jared McCain. And would take both over Edey.

Ryan Dunn is a guy that I've mentioned before but I think he could slip to 31 due to his offensive struggles in college. I think he could be Herb Jones like.

Comment

What do like so much better about Carter than Kolek?

I like Kolek too. Makes way more sense than Edey.

Comment

This is also freaking delusional. Now Edey is Brook Lopez? Have you ever watched Lopez play? He had a great mid range game on day 1. All the way out to the 3pt line. Edey can't shoot beyond 3 feet.
            There is a difference between can't and doesn't.

https://www.tiktok.com/@draftexpress...04730442829099
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

This.
              Saying Edey can't shoot beyond 3ft tells me all I need to know. Edey has shown a great form on his shot, and could very easily stretch out to 15 feet if given the rope; within which, Rookie Lopez took about 90% of his shots.

Comment

I'd much rather draft Carter and be set with a young PG who can grow with the team instead of some old retread who we regret signing.

The fascination with Edey is making you guys delusional, already trying to restructure our roster around Boban 2.0.
                Fultz is 25 .. that's an "old retread" to you? Yeesh. I'd say the odds of a 2nd round draft selection coming in contributing/helping as much as Fultz could, while also bringing some vet savvy, is pretty slim.

Also, how the heck is suggesting we draft a Center with our 2nd round pick "restructuring our roster"?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

If we get Sheppard I would pick someone else at the Pacers pick. I'm in the minority most likely but I take Ware over Edey. I think Ware is more of modern C. He can hit the corner 3. Has good defensive upside. Has more mobility. His issue is that he's not always super engaged which can be an issue.. but I like his potential.

I also like guys like Tristan Da Silva and Jared McCain. And would take both over Edey.

Ryan Dunn is a guy that I've mentioned before but I think he could slip to 31 due to his offensive struggles in college. I think he could be Herb Jones like.
                  Ware has hit 32 threes in 65 games and can't defend, McCain is a guard who can't pass, Da Silva is forward who can't rebound. I don't actively dislike these players, but them being projected 1st rounders is exactly the reason this is considered a bad draft.

Dunn looks extremely mediocre too, probably a rotation player for his defence tho.

I don't take any of these guys over the 2x player of the year. At least one of these guys could well be there at 31 if you want him, if not, there's a bunch of other guys that aren't obviously worse picks, eg Kolek, Chomche, etc.

Comment

Are you saying Brook Lopez is a bad defender and the only reason he has done well is because had great defenders around him?
                    Lopez started his career as an adequate defender who went to another level (All-Defense) when he teamed up with Giannis, and Bud built the drop coverage system around him. His lateral movement and BBIQ coming into the league was/is much better than Edey's.

On the other hand, Edey will start out his career as a defensive liability, with uncontested mid-range shots being available to opposing teams every trip down the court.

There's no real comparison between Lopez and Edey.
                    Last edited by golden; Tue Apr 9, 2024, 03:39 PM.

Comment

I like Kolek too. Makes way more sense than Edey.
                      Good chance Kolek will be there at 31, he's 23. That's why Edey and Kolek is who I'm hoping for.

Comment

• my favourite match up of the tournament was dalton vs edey. dalton showed me his off ball skills and cuting. he is also 6’10? it looks like it. long arms, surprisingly good foot work. i think his defence is manageable

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Lopez started his career as an adequate defender who went to another level (All-Defense) when he teamed up with Giannis, and Bud built the drop coverage system around him. His lateral movement and BBIQ coming into the league was/is much better than Edey's.

On the other hand, Edey will start out his career as a defensive liability, with uncontested mid-range shots being available to opposing teams every trip down the court.

Lopez has been a good to great defender his entire career (well maybe not anymore). It's his shooting range that improved over time.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

the more i watch the more edey’s slow feet concerns me. can he make a leap?

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

If we're taking these types of videos as evidence Ben Simmons is one of the greatest 3pt shooters ever.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

This.
                                Saying Edey can't shoot beyond 3ft tells me all I need to know. Edey has shown a great form on his shot, and could very easily stretch out to 15 feet if given the rope; within which, Rookie Lopez took about 90% of his shots.
                                Brook took 58% of his shots beyond 3 feet and 24% of his shots beyond 10 feet, and over 12% of his shots beyond 16 feet as a rookie. Edey will be taking 90% of his shots within 3 feet and other 10% 5 feet out.

Comment

Working...
                                X