No announcement yet.

Everything 2024 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of curiosity I went back through all the players picked 8th to find an all star. After arguing with golden on the competency of NBA drafters, i'm eating some crow. Pick 8 has been shockingly bad.

Although there was one player who never was an all star but probably deserved to be, can anyone guess who was the most recent #8 pick to make an all star team?
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      Out of curiosity I went back through all the players picked 8th to find an all star. After arguing with golden on the competency of NBA drafters, i'm eating some crow. Pick 8 has been shockingly bad.

Although there was one player who never was an all star but probably deserved to be, can anyone guess who was the most recent #8 pick to make an all star team?
      I'll give a hint. His last name is Murray

Edit: was wrong by one pick
      Last edited by MixxAOR; Sun May 12, 2024, 05:35 PM.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Out of curiosity I went back through all the players picked 8th to find an all star. After arguing with golden on the competency of NBA drafters, i'm eating some crow. Pick 8 has been shockingly bad.

Can't be Rafael Araujo.

Franz Wagner?
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I'm confident we can get the same level player at 19 as at 8. This draft has no top end talent.

If Scottie gets hurt next year we are going to be extremely happy we have our pick unobstructed.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Can't be Rafael Araujo.

Franz Wagner?
            Way before those guys. Hint: His last season in the NBA, Chris Paul won ROY.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

When I look at the state of the Eastern Conference. There are only three teams that I'm sure are a lock to make the playoffs. Boston, Milwaukee and New York.

Philadelphia? is Embiid going to be healthy next year?

East is wide open.
              We'll see how things shake out after this summer. But if the Cavs hold on to Mitchell then they are a lock. Orlando will have max cap room to add to their young team. I think they are a lock too. Philly has a lot of cap space as well. They will punt Tobias Harris and get a better #3 that is more reliable. So if Embiid does get hurt they won't be floundering about. I think they are a lock. So those 3 teams with the 3 you mentioned is 6.

Raptors are a play-in team.. competing with Indiana, Miami, Chicago, Brooklyn, Atlanta. Could also see a surprise team like the Hornets (depends on Balls health) be competitive.

I don't think the Raptors are that talented. They need a starting caliber wing, a backup guard and a backup center. They also need more 3pt shooting. There are a lot of holes. I'm looking forward to seeing how they patch the roster. But losing out on a top 6 pick will hurt.

But if they trade Jak for futures then they will be a bottom 5 team in the East again. And I'd be really okay with that.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

You vastly underestimate how much talent we have and vastly overrate every other team in the East. Healthy we are a top 6 team in the East.
                You vastly overestimate how much talent the Raptors have and vastly underrate every other team in the East. Healthy we are a play-in team in the East.

Comment

There have been very few good players picked 8th. The most recent besides Franz is probably KCP. Rudy Gay, Jamal Crawford went 8th.

Andre Miller should have been an all star at some point, but never was.

The most recent #8 pick to make an all star team was Vin Baker, picked by the Bucks over 30 yrs ago in 1993.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Betting too hard on the FVV/Siakam/OG core had consequences.
                    Masai is a genius

Comment

• The basketball gods were not kind to the Raps.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

You vastly overestimate how much talent the Raptors have and vastly underrate every other team in the East. Healthy we are a play-in team in the East.
                        I think this is right, though, I will reserve judgement until the offseason moves are done. But don’t see Toronto in the playoffs. Maybe get a play-in game.

Comment

• Really hoping for an off season addition for a rotational player. Nothing exciting about the same team plus internal growth unless Scottie takes a huge leap.
                          Last edited by LJ2; Sun May 12, 2024, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            The basketball gods were not kind to the Raps.
                            My favourite Greek god has long been Nemesis, the goddess of retribution. She certainly unleashed her wrath on the Raptors this year.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

No catchy tanking motto
                              The young man's first name is Ace. How are there no catchy motto's?

"Slow your pace for Ace"
                              "Lose the race for Ace"
                              "Lazy for Bailey" is probably a reach
                              "Lose daily for Bailey"...I could go on...lol

I'm honestly just relieved that the pick conveyed in a season that the Raps had a pick. If they see someone they MIGHT be able to trade the Pacers first rounder and the 31st to move up a few picks. All things considered this probably was one of the better scenarios.

Comment

You’re not the first to eat at golden’s crow shack, but maybe the first to openly admit it. lol. Kudos to you.

Historically, it’s been top 5 where you have the best chance to find an all-star then it drops off rapidly.

After top 5 is where the so-called experts should earn their keep, but they get it shockingly wrong, as we see, year after year.

What’s worse to me is that they even miss all-time greats who should’ve been top 3 or even first overall. That’s egregious, in my books, but Primer thinks that the experts picking the obvious Lebrons, Duncans and Wembys to go first overall who then make all-stars teams year after year, means they have some special sauce that everyone else doesn’t. My standard is a bit higher.
                                Last edited by golden; Sun May 12, 2024, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X