Everything 2024 Off-season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

The Suns are screwed, so will be really entertaining to watch them.

Beal is the obvious player they should try and move, but he has a no trade clause so isn't going anywhere.

They could deal Durant, but after the haul they gave up for him and unlikelihood they could get anything comparable in return, I don't think they could do it.

Booker is the one player they should absolutely keep. He just entered his prime and they can count on him for another 5+ years. For those same reasons he is the only one who has a really high value and could bring them back some meaningful pieces.

Suns are a great example of don't try to build a team without a PG. It won't work. If they could deal Booker for a young PG with upside plus draft capital that may be the best move to make them better next year and not so screwed in the future. I just don't see a deal like that available to them.
    No PG, no defensive anchor & only 1 perimeter defender (O’Neale). All they did was load up on scoring wings.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

No PG, no defensive anchor & only 1 perimeter defender (O’Neale). All they did was load up on scoring wings.
      Older scoring wings with declining value.

Trading for Beal was such a blunder. If they had kept Paul and all their draft picks they would have been better this year and not totally screwed draft wise moving forward.

Comment

I'm not sure if they are in a really good or bad position to improve. Three max players and can get pretty good value for any of them. I'm not a Beal fan but even he could probably get you a wing defender and a defensive anchor from a team like Orlando that is looking to add to their core.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I'm not sure if they are in a really good or bad position to improve. Three max players and can get pretty good value for any of them. I'm not a Beal fan but even he could probably get you a wing defender and a defensive anchor from a team like Orlando that is looking to add to their core.
          Beal has exercised his no trade clause. They can't trade him.

Comment

• Comment

• Wonder who he'll join.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Wonder who he'll join.
                Winning a couple easy chips with Bronny in OKC would be Lebron's ideal legacy scenario. But... he'll re-sign with the Lakers.

Comment

So that clause translates to his new team after agreeing to be traded from the Wiz? That makes it tougher because KD is still really good and there's not as much of redundancy between he and Booker. I'm sure they could get value there though if they have an appetite to trade him.

Comment

I don’t believe that’s how it works. They can trade him… with his consent, ie., he waives his no-trade provision. Basically the same way he got traded to the Suns.

Comment

I don’t believe that’s how it works. They can trade him… with his consent, ie., he waives his no-trade provision. Basically the same way he got traded to the Suns.
                      Beal announced when he got there he would not be waiving his no trade clause and it's good until 2026-27.

So even if you can convince him to leave (not gonna happen for Orlando), the team that trades for him has to deal with the same issue, so his value is incredibly low.

Comment

Beal announced when he got there he would not be waiving his no trade clause and it's good until 2026-27.

So even if you can convince him to leave (not gonna happen for Orlando), the team that trades for him has to deal with the same issue, so his value is incredibly low.
                        Star players change their minds more often than their sneakers, these days. Beal is getting a lot of the blame. I wouldn't be surprised if he's already got his eye on the next team that can carry him to an easy chip.

Comment

Star players change their minds more often than their sneakers, these days. Beal is getting a lot of the blame. I wouldn't be surprised if he's already got his eye on the next team that can carry him to an easy chip.
                          Who is gonna trade for Beal and why?

He hasn't played more than 60 games since 2018. He had his lowest PPG since 2015. He's owed over $50M per season the next 3 years. He's never won shit. He's on the wrong side of 30. He has a no trade clause to hold you hostage.

His value has gone down and it was already really low. Chris Paul and some pick swaps was the return for the Wizards. He's a salary dump at this point but that's way too much salary to dump.

I think the Suns are stuck with him.

Comment

I don't think there is such thing as an easy chip for a Max Salary player that's not a super star.

It's why we traded OG and Pascal. Amazing players. Amazing people. Not max salary players (when compared to true superstars)

Will they get it? Absolutely. They deserve it in a market value sense. But when players like Ant, Shai, Luka, Jokic, KD, Steph, Tatum, etc can't make more, and you can really only have two on your team, tax wise, it's hard to see a non-superstar, Max Player being on a championship team.

The suns were always a confusing one. All wing firepower. No true PG. Only one ball. Unfortunately they weren't all healthy all that much, but similarly to the KD, Kyrie, Harden Nets; it's hard to see the logic, other than a sheer offensive argument.

Comment

Who is gonna trade for Beal and why?

He hasn't played more than 60 games since 2018. He had his lowest PPG since 2015. He's owed over $50M per season the next 3 years. He's never won shit. He's on the wrong side of 30. He has a no trade clause to hold you hostage.

His value has gone down and it was already really low. Chris Paul and some pick swaps was the return for the Wizards. He's a salary dump at this point but that's way too much salary to dump.

I think the Suns are stuck with him.
                              Not disagreeing that nobody wants Beal... then again there's always some dumb GM. But also not agreeing that he wouldn't waive his no-trade contract in a second, if he found a better situation for himself.

Comment

Not disagreeing that nobody wants Beal... then again there's always some dumb GM. But also not agreeing that he wouldn't waive his no-trade contract in a second, if he found a better situation for himself.
                                OK, I'm just positive the bold has a 0% chance of occurring.

Comment

Working...
                                X