Everything Playoffs 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Raptors fans have already forgotten that a Fred-OG-Scottie-Pascal-Jak team, coached by Nick Nurse, couldn’t even make the playoffs. Ah, the good old days.
    What's funnier are the passive-aggressive comments from guys like Lewenberg on X who treat this front office with kid gloves and are now chirping. The only guy who can snipe right now is Grange cause he was the only one asking these kinds of questions back in 21-22.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

What's funnier are the passive-aggressive comments from guys like Lewenberg on X who treat this front office with kid gloves and are now chirping. The only guy who can snipe right now is Grange cause he was the only one asking these kinds of questions back in 21-22.
      Yeah, it's typical Raptors fans still in love with our players and stalking them everywhere.

But there is a nugget of a gripe somewhere in there: If all these beloved Raptors players and coach are being successful everywhere else... why couldn't the collection of talent be successful here? Or, why didn't we get more in return for these valuable players?

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Well it makes sense for this season since we still might not even keep our pick. If you were able to sign him to an extension, see what happens and trade him later if it didn't work out.
        that would only work on a value contract, not what pascal is asking for it seems

Comment

• Raptors tried that when they were hacking everybody
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            This is really insane stuff. Is this guy a real doctor or just engagement farming on Twitter

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

This is really insane stuff. Is this guy a real doctor or just engagement farming on Twitter
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Yeah, it's typical Raptors fans still in love with our players and stalking them everywhere.

But there is a nugget of a gripe somewhere in there: If all these beloved Raptors players and coach are being successful everywhere else... why couldn't the collection of talent be successful here? Or, why didn't we get more in return for these valuable players?
                Is pacers and Pascal winning a playoff series good for that franchise? Yep of course. Is OG helping the Knicks as a top end 3 and D guy get to the 2nd round and maybe conference finals if things break right good for MY? Yep.

The success we want isn't being happy with winning a playoff round or 2 for the next 3 years. The goal is competing for a championship.

Pascal having 2 good games vs Bobby portis doesn't give me sellers remorse. If he drags the pacers to the finals the maybe we can panic that we fucked that up.
                We tried hard with that core and we never got anywhere meangful.
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Is pacers and Pascal winning a playoff series good for that franchise? Yep of course. Is OG helping the Knicks as a top end 3 and D guy get to the 2nd round and maybe conference finals if things break right good for MY? Yep.

The success we want isn't being happy with winning a playoff round or 2 for the next 3 years. The goal is competing for a championship.

Pascal having 2 good games vs Bobby portis doesn't give me sellers remorse. If he drags the pacers to the finals the maybe we can panic that we fucked that up.
                  Not sure about that... I think the majority of Raptors fans today would be ecstatic winning even one single playoff round. That's the reason we're even seeing these yearnings for Pascal, OG, Norm, Kyle, Nurse, etc... heck, even Delon & Thad are getting shout-outs. Most Raptors fans have much lower standards for winning than you do, or Masai professes to still have.

People still look back fondly on us beating the Long Island Nets in the bubble with half their team missing, and hold that up as some kind of post-Kawhi success. Basically, we haven't won a legit playoff round since our franchise player left... and we missed the playoffs altogether 3 out of 5 times. If the goal was re-building for a championship, the time to start blowing it up was right after the parade.

Comment

The bold here says it all.

We've seen Pascal have good playoff games. If that was the only prerequisite to signing him to a new max deal we would have done it.

Comment

• Quiz time, again!

When was the least time each of these franchises won the NBA Championship.

Toronto Raptors
                      New York Knicks
                      Indiana Pacers

Big hint - Raptors 2019.

If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Not sure about that... I think the majority of Raptors fans today would be ecstatic winning even one single playoff round. That's the reason we're even seeing these yearnings for Pascal, OG, Norm, Kyle, Nurse, etc... heck, even Delon & Thad are getting shout-outs. Most Raptors fans have much lower standards for winning than you do, or Masai professes to still have.

People still look back fondly on us beating the Long Island Nets in the bubble with half their team missing, and hold that up as some kind of post-Kawhi success. Basically, we haven't won a legit playoff round since our franchise player left... and we missed the playoffs altogether 3 out of 5 times. If the goal was re-building for a championship, the time to start blowing it up was right after the parade.
                        Those are fans who started watching the team in June 2019. We've been here to watch Jamario Moon rebound highlights, Mike James be the hub of an offense, TJ ford big ass shorts.

The we the north era was fun because we were on the rise. The post ring era was tough as a lifelong fans cause we were clearly declining.

We have a direction now last 2 years we were in no man's land

Comment

Those are fans who started watching the team in June 2019. We've been here to watch Jamario Moon rebound highlights, Mike James be the hub of an offense, TJ ford big ass shorts.

The we the north era was fun because we were on the rise. The post ring era was tough as a lifelong fans cause we were clearly declining.

We have a direction now last 2 years we were in no man's land
                          I remember trying to get hyped for Sonny Weems as a building block.

People now don't have any clue how shitty the Raptors used to be.

Young Guns 4 Life.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I remember trying to get hyped for Sonny Weems as a building block.

People now don't have any clue how shitty the Raptors used to be.

Young Guns 4 Life.
                            Back when Jose garbojosa getting injuried was as devastating to the franchise as Embiid going down for the Sixers is now.

Comment

Back when Jose garbojosa getting injuried was as devastating to the franchise as Embiid going down for the Sixers is now.
                              Garbajosa going down was devastating. We might have won a playoff series if he was healthy. Just like Philly with Embiid. I see the parallels.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                Quiz time, again!

When was the least time each of these franchises won the NBA Championship.

Toronto Raptors
                                New York Knicks
                                Indiana Pacers

Big hint - Raptors 2019.

To answer my own quiz:

Knicks 1973
                                Pacers Never

If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X