Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Sabonis D scares me just as much as Ellenson. The I thing is Ellenson has the lenght to make up for his lateral quickness. I think Sabonis has a 6'11" winspan. Either way Biz can make up for both of them on the defensive end.
    That's just because you have no idea what you are looking at or talking about.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Zach LaVine was my darkhorse pick a couple of years ago. I thought he was a top 10 talent in his draft class. He fell all the way to 13th. Right now he's looking like a future star.

Last year, a lot of people mocked me for saying Booker was a top 5 talent. If you were to re-do last year's draft, I bet Booker is in your top 5. IMO he'll go down as the 3rd best player in his draft. Third behind KAT and Porzingis.

My guy this year is Dejounte Murray. Nobody's talking about him just like nobody was talking about Booker last year. D. Murray is the 4th best player in this draft IMO. He's like a young Shaun Livingston. Big PG, very smooth.

I don't care that we have Lowry and Joseph on our team. If D. Murray is there at 9th. He's my guy.

My top 10 rankings:

1. Simmons
      2. Ingram
      3. J. Murray
      4. D. Murray
      5. Bender
      6. Brown
      7. Hield
      8. Chriss
      9. Dunn
      10. Sabonis
      I like Murray as well but I think he's still there at 27. No need to draft him at 9.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
        I like Murray as well but I think he's still there at 27. No need to draft him at 9.
        I don't think he'll last till then. I'd be shocked if he fell past 15 or so
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
          MACK11 wrote: View Post
          I don't think he'll last till then. I'd be shocked if he fell past 15 or so
          Him and his teammates Chriss have been the biggest risers in the draft. At this point I would surprise if he wasn't in the lottery. Isn't he represent by Lebron's sports agency?
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            Valentine = Evan Turner + 3pt shooting
            Evan Turner with a 3 would be an all-star.

Comment

• No word of a lie, I had a dream last night that we drafted Ellenson and I woke up terrified.

So I can say in a literal sense it is a nightmare to me if we draft him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• jpaps wrote: View Post
                No word of a lie, I had a dream last night that we drafted Ellenson and I woke up terrified.

So I can say in a literal sense it is a nightmare to me if we draft him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I would take any other PF in front of him. You can't teach defense and its much of an effort thing. It also doesn't help that he's slow.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                  I would take any other PF in front of him. You can't teach defense and its much of an effort thing. It also doesn't help that he's slow.
                  I'd argue that defence is the easiest thing to teach. But yes it requires the player wanting to give effort.

Comment

• Oh, man, if we got Luwawu at 27 that would be nuts.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                      I'd argue that defence is the easiest thing to teach. But yes it requires the player wanting to give effort.
                      I think its something that is determined when you are younger. At this stage, developing that mindset is difficult. You see players become better offensively, but its very rare to see players get better defensively.

Comment

How much of that slowness is related to his body fat? What are his eating habits like? LOTS of young guys have poor diets, with his pudgieness certainly hinting in that direction.

JV seemed more a bit quicker once he gave up the sugary shit he was consuming earlier this year.

Not saying I want to pick Ellenson, but there may be hope for whoever drafts him if that's the issue and he has the willpower to follow a proper nutritional plan. That was a key in Draymond morphing from a blubbery 35th pick into a slimmed-down MVP candidate.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• This whole players can't get better at defence is ridiculous.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• ... I remember reading about Masai going down to Turkey to scout him. Not a name I see much in this thread.

Comment

I think its something that is determined when you are younger. At this stage, developing that mindset is difficult. You see players become better offensively, but its very rare to see players get better defensively.
                              Again I completely disagree.

Defence is easy to teach, that's why teams without much talent focus on it. It's all about positioning and effort.
                              Offence is an innate thing, it's more of a natural thing than effort.

Any player can become an above average defender, you can't say that about offence.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                For me, Simmons has more of a chance of becoming Evan Turner than he does becoming a Superstar.
                                yeah me too. if i were picking first i would pass on simmons.

Comment

Working...
                                X