No announcement yet.

Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleacher Report has us taking Skal now... I hope this happens.

Comment

• Love the idea of Biz and Ellenson off the bench - it's like playing small ball (Biz's quickness + Ellenson's perimeter game) while staying big.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
        Bleacher Report has us taking Skal now... I hope this happens.
        I do think Skal will be the pick. He works on too many levels with that 3-ball in his pocket.

Comment

• Running workout tally

May 19
          Dejounte Murray

June 1
          Demetrius Jackson (G, 6'2")
          Gary Payton II (G, 6'3")
          Dorian Finney-Smith (F, 6'8")
          Jalen Jones (F, 6'7")
          Kyle Wiltjer (F, 6'10")
          Stefan Jankovic (F/C, 6'11")

June 2
          Stefan Jankovic (2nd workout)
          Henry Ellenson (F, 6'11")

June 5
          Forgot to add, Raptors were also at Relativity Sports Pro Day were they not? (23 teams were there anyways)

Skal Labissiere
          Juan Hernangomez
          Klye Collinsworth
          Jaleel Cousins
          Elgin Cook
          Shaq Goodwin
          Ilja Gromovs
          Anthony Odunsi
          Torrance Rowe
          Jamari Taylor

June 6
          Brondon Austin (G, 6'6")
          Winston Shepard (G/F, 6'8")
          Jake Layman (F, 6'9")
          Damian Jones (F/C, 7'0")
          Diamond Stone (C, 6'10")
          Stephen Zimmerman (F/C, 7'0")
          Domantas Sabonis (F, 6'10")

June 8
          Daniel Hamilton (G, 6'8")
          Klye Collinsworth (G, 6'7")
          Perry Ellis (F, 6'8")
          James Webb (F, 6'9")
          Guerschon Yabusele (F/C, 6'8")
          Chinanu Onuaku (F/C, 6'10")

June 13
          Julian Jacobs (G, 6'4")
          Rasheed Sulaimon (G, 6'4")
          Malcolm Brogdon (G, 6'6")
          Justin Edwards (G, 6'4")
          Brice Johnson (F, 6'11")
          Jalen Reynolds (F, 6'10")

Comment

• Not that it would be playable save for garbage time, how ridiculous is the length/athleticism on this youth lineup:

Delon
            Powell
            Bruno
            Skal
            Bebe

?!!!
            Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Mon Jun 13, 2016, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              Not that it would be playable save for garbage time, how ridiculous is the length/athleticism on this youth lineup:

Delon
              Powell
              Bruno
              Skal
              Bebe

?!!!
              and with the 27th pick it will be Maker or Diallo just so we have more arms!

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                Not that it would be playable save for garbage time, how ridiculous is the length/athleticism on this youth lineup:

Delon
                Powell
                Bruno
                Skal
                Bebe

?!!!
                scary looking lineup around 2019

Comment

• And introducing your 2019 Toronto arachnids starting lineup

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    why i like the idea of sabonis and zhou. i am not sure how international jersey sales and tv money gets spread around the league but if the raptors get a dominant share of their own jersey/gear sales and extra bit of money for being in demand on tv then those two players are super good for the franchise.
                    I really Dont care about money that someone else is making. It does not raise the entertainment value of the content.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                      I really Dont care about money that someone else is making. It does not raise the entertainment value of the content.

The more money coming in, the easier the tax payments are.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Its 10 days to the draft.... The misinformation is picking up... No one is locked into anyone player per the press releases...
                        Oh yeah.. the bullshit is thicker than the fur on a polar bear in February.

First stab at a mock draft.. .Critiques.. Questions on Sanity or Lineage... Your own Ideas and Why ... are all welcomed.

At 1.
                        Philly needs everything. Colangelo takes Simmons. He is PF. In his history he has selected a pantload of PF's. He has had 5 lottery picks and he has selected — Andrea Bargnani (2006 — 1st pick a PF), Shawn Marion (1999 — 9th pick a PF), Amare Stoudemire (2002 — 9th pick a PF), DD (2009 SG), Ed Davis (2010 a PF) ...4 out of 5 were PF's...So odds are he's taking a PF...

At 2.
                        The Lakers too need a lot of help. They have two guys .. Randle at PF and Russell at PG who are likely to stay.. after that its triage for every other position. BPA at two appears to be the Duke kid so Ingram is going to LA.

At 3.
                        Boston.. If Ainge doesn't trade the pick.. I think they take Buddy. Buddy can hit the 3 and the Celts are short in that rather important skill set. Bradley plays the 2 spot but he isn't the scorer they need from outside. He hits the 3 @36% but he takes only 3 a game.

At 4.
                        Phoenix. They have a need at PF but they are still a little leary of Bender. At 7 feet 198 pounds they wonder if he will bust in half at the first NBA hit. They could really use another PG as Brandon Knight is hurt a lot and who the hell is Ronnie Price so they consider Dunn and Murray. The Suns finally settle on Dunn a big 6' 4" physical PG who can facilitate. Why not Murray ? Because they have Booker and Bledsoe at the 2. Why not Bender ? Thats going be a tough question to answer for for McDonnough if Dunn flames out.

At 5.
                        Timberpuppies. Really really young lineup. Got a new coach and GM who is not the biggest of fans of running a daycare. Thibs could trade the pick for help but if they keep it the Pups are kinda set up front. They have a lot of bigs who are young and good. Towns/Deng ..so they look for help for Rubio and Levine. Its a choice between Murray and Bender. The pups take Murray because Rubio just can't shoot the 3. Levine struggles with it. Murray hits it in his sleep and they have a logjam up front.

At 6.
                        The Pelyturds. They suck. The suck out loud everywhere except where they pencil in Anthony Davis to play at PF. At Centre they have no talent. Kenrick Perkins gets minutes fer christ sake. At SF they feature an array of 10 day contract types. At SG they have the perennially hurt or on his way out Eric Gordon. The PG has Jrue Holiday who they picked up for their 6th pick. Not going to admit defeat there. No lack of need almost at every other position that the Brow doesn't play. 6 is to high for Poetel and Bender plays the same spot as Davis. Davis isn't getting younger and if they don't improve quickly then they risk Davis patience running out and having him ask for a trade. So the pick is the kid with an NBA ready body from Cali.. Jaylen Brown. It worked out for Miami with Winslow. Its a copycat league.

At 7
                        The Nuggets. They have a lot of centres. Good ones too. They have a couple of good PF's in Gallo and Faried. Need help at small forward and they need help with the 3 ball but Buddy is off the board. They could trade with Masai for shooting with Ross and swap spots 7 to 9 with Toronto or they could just make the pick. If they make the pick they choose one of Chriss or Bender. Either way Gallo becomes a SF and maybe available for trade for the right piece to fit into the lineup. The Nuggets hem and haw and haw and hem and at the 14th minute send in the pick. And its Chriss.

At 8.
                        Are your clown princes of comedy the Excremento Kings. They have an all NBA centre in Demarcus Cousins who was converted to a PF by George Karl. Karl is gone for this curious use of Cousins and rightly so. Cousins moves back to the middle and is backed up by Kofous and Cauley-Stien. They are still OK at SF with Rudy who still has some time to run on his deal but they could use some help at PG as well. A lot of help actually. If Rondo leaves which is a distinct possibility then all they have at PG is Curry. Unfortunately its Seth Curry. So its a hole. A very big hole. They could take the kid from Vandy Baldwin or the G from Washington Dejounte Murray. It would be so Kings to take Skal Labissiere but they don't and they take a guy who can be their PG. He can shoot the 3 and get the ball to Cousins. The Kings take Dejonte Murray.

At 9
                        Your Toronto Raptors... who with the 9th pick stop the slide of Dragan Bender. It remains to be seen if with that pick Bender moves on in a pre arranged trade ... gets stashed and stays on with Macabi to bulk up a little more or he just suits up for the Raptors and splits time with the Raps and the 905 next year.

At 10.
                        The Bucks... who take... .the C Jacob Poetl because they now they see why it was easy to get Greg Monroe.

Thats it.. the Top 10.

What yours ?
                        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jun 13, 2016, 10:56 PM.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• The Kings pick making sense goes against every notion I have about them.

I like how you broke down your picks.

Comment

• Dragan Bender at #9 would be a dream! i like the mock though highly doubt Bender drops down to us.

Comment

• I've got a feeling Vlade steals Bender from us at #8.

Comment

• The thing is for me, we need to take a player with star upside with the pick. I'm really against the idea of drafting a guy like Ellenson who projects at best to be a good role player. I'd rather risk the chance of a bust and hope that in our program we could mold the tools of a guy like Skal into a star player.

Comment

Working...
                                X