No announcement yet.

Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also If MU picks Ellenson, I'll lose my mind.
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      Also If MU picks Ellenson, I'll lose my mind.
      If he picks Ellenson I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume I was totally wrong about the guy.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        If he picks Ellenson I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume I was totally wrong about the guy.
        If he picks Ellenson, I'll pinch myself and wake up cause no way in hell Masai makes that pick.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
          If he picks Ellenson, I'll pinch myself and wake up cause no way in hell Masai makes that pick.
          What if you're dreaming you're in a dream? That may counter the pinch and bam, you wake up and Bargnani is part of Ride or Die.

Comment

What if you're dreaming you're in a dream? That may counter the pinch and bam, you wake up and Bargnani is part of Ride or Die.
            Too far man

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
              Too far man
              Oh... Well please disregard the rest of this post then.

Comment

Oh... Well please disregard the rest of this post then.
                🍝

Comment

• Considering it's a weak draft and taking our needs into consideration, is it just me or is Sabonis basically a perfect match for us? Seems like at 9 the best we'll do is get a good roleplayer, maybe even a starter. Sabonis rebounds, hustles, great motor, work ethic, is friends with Val, has a developing 3 pointer... he won't be a PnR defender or rim protector or shot blocker, but he should be a decent team defender? Again, haven't really looked at many options yet, but he seems like a great pick all things considered.

In most drafts I'd prefer to go with the higher upside guy, but this draft sucks. Skal has potential, but the BBIQ thing is a ginormous red flag.

Comment

• https://upsidemotor.com/2016/06/09/2...dragan-bender/

1. Simmons
                    2. Ingram
                    3. Bender
                    4. Dunn
                    5. Murray
                    6. Hield
                    7. Poeltl
                    8. Luwawu
                    9. Demetrius Jackson
                    10. Jaylen Brown
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Radojevic wrote: View Post
                      Considering it's a weak draft and taking our needs into consideration, is it just me or is Sabonis basically a perfect match for us? Seems like at 9 the best we'll do is get a good roleplayer, maybe even a starter. Sabonis rebounds, hustles, great motor, work ethic, is friends with Val, has a developing 3 pointer... he won't be a PnR defender or rim protector or shot blocker, but he should be a decent team defender? Again, haven't really looked at many options yet, but he seems like a great pick all things considered.

In most drafts I'd prefer to go with the higher upside guy, but this draft sucks. Skal has potential, but the BBIQ thing is a ginormous red flag.
                      Davis or Skal are the two guys that are prototype "Masai guys" but honestly I got a feeling he will pick Sabonis.

Comment

• Last year 538 unveiled a statistical model for college players only for value yrs 2-5.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...a-draft-class/

ESPN is projecting the top 40 using that model this year, again college players only

1. Ingram
                        2. Dunn
                        3. Poeltl
                        4. Simmons
                        5. Chriss
                        6. Murray
                        7. Davis
                        8. Sabonis
                        9. Hield
                        10. Diallo

Some others Jaylen Brown 11, Ellenson 12, Skal 16, Valentine 17, Dejounte 20.

Only 4 guys with a 20%+ chance of being an all-star by year 5 - Ingram/Simmons 25%, Chriss 21%, Jamal Murray 20%..

Lowest bust potential is surprising. Poeltl 16% and Deyonta Davis 21% are the only 2 under 25%, although they only have a 12% and 7% chance of being a star.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          Last year 538 unveiled a statistical model for college players only for value yrs 2-5.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...a-draft-class/

ESPN is projecting the top 40 using that model this year, again college players only

1. Ingram
                          2. Dunn
                          3. Poeltl
                          4. Simmons
                          5. Chriss
                          6. Murray
                          7. Davis
                          8. Sabonis
                          9. Hield
                          10. Diallo

Some others Jaylen Brown 11, Ellenson 12, Skal 16, Valentine 17, Dejounte 20.

Only 4 guys with a 20%+ chance of being an all-star by year 5 - Ingram/Simmons 25%, Chriss 21%, Jamal Murray 20%..

Lowest bust potential is surprising. Poeltl 16% and Deyonta Davis 21% are the only 2 under 25%, although they only have a 12% and 7% chance of being a star.
                          I think Poeltl has a negative chance of being a star.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                            I think Poeltl has a negative chance of being a star.
                            Zero is the least chance he can have. Impossible to have negative chance.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              Zero is the least chance he can have. Impossible to have negative chance.
                              That's the point.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                This is where the GM earns his reputation and his money. Ujiri has to figure out how to upgrade the PF position without having to trade the 9th pick. Tough .. yes... Impossible. No...

PPat does all grimy tough unseen things the team needs done. He sets good screens and he can change on dime the direction he sets them in. This is gold for our guards. He plays OK'ish around the basket and needs to hit more consistently that 3 point shot. He is best suited coming in off the bench. For whatever reason thats his comfort zone. So keep him comfortable and demand he continues to improve that 3pt shot and continue set those screens and play better than avg defense.

As a counter to PPat the GM has to find a starting PF that gives us consistent 3 pt shooting and can play decent defense and they have to be able to rebound. There are names out there... Ersan Ilyasova, Marvin Williams, Danilo Gallinari who fit this spec and who are available. To get them we are going to have to trade a current player in the 9 man rotation on a salary dump to free up cap space if we go the FA route, or, that player will go as part of a trade for the targeted player.

If that gets done then at 9 we have to take a player who is going to contribute to the team and should be more than a rotation player off the bench. Its the BPA and by the time that player is ready to materially contribute as a starter the team's makeup will have changed or will be about to.

To keep the roll going you have to add new talent yearly and part of that is you cull some of the other talent that hasn't measured up to expectation or can be replaced by the cohort of up and comers holding down the 11 through 15 slots on your roster.

Planning is always easier than execution. Carry on Masai.

Good thoughts. I like Marvin Williams as well. Maybe Ross gets packaged for a pick but instead of using the freed up cap space on Biyombo, Masai offers it to Marvin.

JV then gets major minutes next year with Bebe getting 10-12 mins a game as his backup. A small ball lineup with Marvin and Patterson for 5-8 minutes a game at 4/5 spot.

And then pray JV stays healthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X