Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking Ahead: 2016 NBA Draft

I'm all for Marvin Williams but is it worth it to pay him between 12-18 mil? I expect that's what he could be looking at this year, possibly more to a desperate GM. He is one of the best stretch fours on the market after al horford. He also was crap in the playoffs if that matters.
    Last edited by Maury; Sat Jun 11, 2016, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• Draft Value: Late Lottery – #8-14

The value for Murray depends somewhat on if you think he can be an NBA-level point guard, which he probably isn’t, at least if you want to maximize what he does well. He’s a shooter with some point guard skills, but no matter which position you put him, he’s going to have trouble defending it. Still, shooters are needed at the NBA level, and that gives Murray a good deal of value, though his trouble with lengthy defenders can take some of it away. He’s much better when he can run off of screens to get the space he needs, and his ability to draw defenders does open things up a bit for him to create off the dribble. Just 19 a few months ago, Murray has time to work on his body and physical abilities, and the shooting/scoring ability can carry him until/if it happens.
      http://hoopshabit.com/2016/06/11/sco...-jamal-murray/
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
        I'm all for Marvin Williams but is it worth it to pay him between 12-18 mil? I expect that's what he could be looking at this year, possibly more to a desperate GM. He is one of the best stretch fours on the market after big al. He also was crap in the playoffs if that matters.
        He's not worth that money, not even under a new cap. He's been a tease his whole career. Someone will overpay, please not Toronto.
        Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
          I'm all for Marvin Williams but is it worth it to pay him between 12-18 mil? I expect that's what he could be looking at this year, possibly more to a desperate GM. He is one of the best stretch fours on the market after al horford. He also was crap in the playoffs if that matters.
          Like Marvin, but definitely not at that price. We've already got one overpaid role player in Carroll, who still has to prove he's worth that contract.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            Pretty casual but good to see if Ellenson can move his feet at all
            getting owned by a Bull? He's already a Raptor

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              Like Marvin, but definitely not at that price. We've already got one overpaid role player in Carroll, who still has to prove he's worth that contract.
              Yah exactly. You don't want to be paying your 4th and 5th best starters. 30-35 million. That's pretty bad.

Comment

• Yep, we've all got to keep in mind that any player that has demonstrated competency as a starter and isn't old is probably going to get paid big bucks this offseason. I see people bring up guys like Marvin and Bazemore, but they're gonna make DeMarre Carroll look like he got ripped off this summer methinks.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
                  Yep, we've all got to keep in mind that any player that has demonstrated competency as a starter and isn't old is probably going to get paid big bucks this offseason. I see people bring up guys like Marvin and Bazemore, but they're gonna make DeMarre Carroll look like he got ripped off this summer methinks.
                  Even if his contract will look reasonable considering next year higher cap,Carroll still needs to live up to the high expectations that saw him come to TO based on.

Comment

• lool

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      I think people forget how good Kevin Love was when he was "the man". Kevin Love as a complementary player is not behind Bosh as a complementary player.

I think Love's problem is more around the coaches and their system. Casey is a lot better coach than what Love has to work with.
                      Please don't tell me you're saying love is better than bosh
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Lord Jesus Masai just please don't take Skal, he has bust written all over him!!!

Comment

• I have the utmost trust in Masai and his staff, if he picks Skal it's because its the best player available. Every player in our range has flaws, but I think the Raptors have a figured out how to get the most out of their players. I think in this tier youbtake the hungriest player because with dedication the training staff can get you to the top of your game. It wasn't like that before.

Comment

• I would be happy with anyone on this list:

Murray, Brown, Chriss, Bender, Dunn, Baldwin, Skal, Luwawu

If we end of with Davis, Sabonis, Ellenson or Poeltl it will get a Meh reaction for me.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                              I would be happy with anyone on this list:

Murray, Brown, Chriss, Bender, Dunn, Baldwin, Skal, Luwawu

If we end of with Davis, Sabonis, Ellenson or Poeltl it will get a Meh reaction for me.
                              So 5 of the 8 guys you'd be content with are projected to go before we pick?

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                                So 5 of the 8 guys you'd be content with are projected to go before we pick?
                                It's very possible that one of them drops. Mock drafts aren't always right, it only takes one team to reach and then someone drops.

Comment

Working...
                                X