Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
    Would I be crazy to say at this point Norm is a better ALL AROUND PLAYER then Demar
    Interesting that you just realized this.

    In All those years, you never figured out that Derozan cannot defend even when his life depended on it. You didnt ask yourself 10 years back why would he step on the 3 point line to make a 21.9 feet two pointer lol. And why he always crumble in pressure packed playoff situations.

    Powell just needed consistency in minutes, trust and confidence by his coach. He defended Middleton in that Bucks series years ago like that was his coming out party.

    TD is another player that I see a young Norm Powell in him. He actually is more polish with his drives than a rookie Powell. He still have a long ways to go to be a great defender but his fundamentals are quiet evident. One aspect that I also am impress is his instinct to track loose balls. Matt Thomas is another good prospect.

    It is a matter of when Nick Nurse will give them full length of leash like what he has done with Norm.

    Demar is flawed.

    Comment


    • The good question to ask though moving forward:

      Is Norm a more effective pair to Lowry in the backcourt than a Lowry/ FVV tandem?

      Would Van Vleet be bringing consistency to the bench if he will be the 6th man?

      Hard to guage this shit when this team cannot stay healthy

      Comment


      • Demar, if he played within himself and wasn't force fed 1st option usage, might be the 5th or 6th best player on this current roster.
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
          The good question to ask though moving forward:

          Is Norm a more effective pair to Lowry in the backcourt than a Lowry/ FVV tandem?

          Would Van Vleet be bringing consistency to the bench if he will be the 6th man?

          Hard to guage this shit when this team cannot stay healthy
          Fred's defence against starting quality players and general inability to score inside (being far better as a perimeter threat) makes Norm a way better fit as the bench scorer who needs to buoy some lineups that have less of Lowry/Pascal in them.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

          Comment


          • GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
            Norm with 37 for the career high.
            In spite of any hiccups that have arisen— this guy’s been having a helluva year.

            What's the recovery time for getting punched in the dick? We need to time this perfectly with the playoffs.

            Comment


            • DanH wrote: View Post

              Fred's defence against starting quality players and general inability to score inside (being far better as a perimeter threat) makes Norm a way better fit as the bench scorer who needs to buoy some lineups that have less of Lowry/Pascal in them.
              Fred needs to be protected by starter quality players or else his value drops significantly - that should be pretty obvious by now. Hopefully people will understand why Masai doesn't match a $27M/year offer by the Pistons in the off-season.

              Comment


              • DanH wrote: View Post

                Fred's defence against starting quality players and general inability to score inside (being far better as a perimeter threat) makes Norm a way better fit as the bench scorer who needs to buoy some lineups that have less of Lowry/Pascal in them.
                Yeah, the way Norm is playing right now makes him a perfect 6th man who can close games when he's hot
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

                Comment


                • golden wrote: View Post

                  Fred needs to be protected by starter quality players or else his value drops significantly - that should be pretty obvious by now. Hopefully people will understand why Masai doesn't match a $27M/year offer by the Pistons in the off-season.
                  Same goes for a lot of other starter quality players. Like, OG's value is amazing as a 5th man 3+D you can throw on the best opposing player. A lot of that value disappears off the bench. And he's gonna get paid when he hits FA. Guys get paid for their value when used best, not when misused. "Protected" is a weird way to describe a high end role player succeeding in their ideal role (and still succeeding, just to a lesser degree, outside of it).

                  Also, I don't buy the Pistons as a threat to throw that much money at Fred. I'd bet it's gonna be low-to-mid 20's from them, and that the Raps can match by adding the 5th year and giving him 20-22M AAV.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

                  Comment


                  • 007 wrote: View Post

                    Yeah, the way Norm is playing right now makes him a perfect 6th man who can close games when he's hot
                    Certainly an option if they want to close small and switchy (OG and Siakam at 4 and 5). Though personally I would not be closing with Norm when healthy.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

                    Comment


                    • DanH wrote: View Post

                      Same goes for a lot of other starter quality players. Like, OG's value is amazing as a 5th man 3+D you can throw on the best opposing player. A lot of that value disappears off the bench. And he's gonna get paid when he hits FA. Guys get paid for their value when used best, not when misused. "Protected" is a weird way to describe a high end role player succeeding in their ideal role (and still succeeding, just to a lesser degree, outside of it).

                      Also, I don't buy the Pistons as a threat to throw that much money at Fred. I'd bet it's gonna be low-to-mid 20's from them, and that the Raps can match by adding the 5th year and giving him 20-22M AAV.
                      Protected, in the sense that most people take it as a fact that Fred would/should absolutely dominate in the bench point guard role; but, other than that one-hit wonder Bench Mob year (where he was "protected" by Pascal), Fred has failed miserably trying to elevate other Raptor bench players as the top dog off the bench.

                      Comment


                      • It would certaintly be intresting to see what FVV would look life off the bench with this group and a 8 man rotation. Even if he is the first check in for Norm. One of the big things is that Fred doesn't have the chemistry with Serge that lowry does so we would have to tether their minutes ideally.
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                        Comment


                        • Will you look at that... his contract is a steal now

                          Comment


                          • Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                            Will you look at that... his contract is a steal now
                            #trustmasai

                            Comment


                            • Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                              Will you look at that... his contract is a steal now
                              JV,Ross, Norm he always seems to get these November rookie deal extension right. Now we will see if he actually finish the contract in a raptors uniform. Ross and J.V both got flipped before their deals expired and while they still had value before hitting UFA.
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                              Comment


                              • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                                It would certaintly be intresting to see what FVV would look life off the bench with this group and a 8 man rotation. Even if he is the first check in for Norm. One of the big things is that Fred doesn't have the chemistry with Serge that lowry does so we would have to tether their minutes ideally.
                                Well, another way to look at it is you start (and close with) your 5 best players. Right now they don't look that far off:

                                https://www.basketball-reference.com...01&idx=players

                                Fred better on-ball defender and on steals, Norm better rebounder, able to switch onto bigger wing players, lengthier closing out on perimeter shooters. Drtg of both is the same at 106
                                2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X