X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91
    replied
    Such a class at! Gotta love Norm.

fuck it, Masai bring Norm back in the off-season. Gary, Rodney, and Norm all coming back.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

After reading that article, you think we're talking about PPG?
    On court production is all that really matters. Norm loved Toronto and the Raptors which is great (Most players who come and go do), but lets be honest, if Raptors don't pay him what he asks for in free agency, he would have left anyway.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post

Huge shoes? Trent Jr. is averaging 15 points and 22 years old, Norm is averaging 20 at 27.
    After reading that article, you think we're talking about PPG?

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    GT Jr. got some huge shoes to fill.
    I still understand the trade but it really should have been Kyle to move on....
    Huge shoes? Trent Jr. is averaging 15 points and 22 years old, Norm is averaging 20 at 27.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    GT Jr. got some huge shoes to fill.
    I still understand the trade but it really should have been Kyle to move on....

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    That PT piece is really good. Something to be said about this team where guys get really hurt when they move on. Really sucks that good free agents don't want to be a part of that.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    From the Norm himself:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/po...RiGYkoCFVf_JGM

Didn't knew he was so emotionally invested, sucks what can I say, three guys which really loved the city, JV, Demar and now Norm all really great players had to leave under these circumstances. worked out for the Raptors, worked out for JV (not too sure about Demar), let's hope it works out for Norm as well.
    Damn, this hits ...

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    From the Norm himself:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/po...RiGYkoCFVf_JGM

Didn't knew he was so emotionally invested, sucks what can I say, three guys which really loved the city, JV, Demar and now Norm all really great players had to leave under these circumstances. worked out for the Raptors, worked out for JV (not too sure about Demar), let's hope it works out for Norm as well.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Norm is far from sure thing also
    Well clearly we have a different take on norm. Hes been too good for too long for me to think he will regress. That being said, he may never get the opportunity to score in portland like he did here as a starter.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post

Well folks like me wont be too ecstatic if they are both paid the same. I'm excited to see how Trent develops, but if they have similar salaries then trent is getting paid for potential while norm is getting paid for production.
    Norm is far from sure thing also

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Young guy vs Older guy I'm more comfortable giving that contract to younger guy. Maybe this is potential trap but 22 years old and he looks like reliable rotational player. Im ok with that
    Well folks like me wont be too ecstatic if they are both paid the same. I'm excited to see how Trent develops, but if they have similar salaries then trent is getting paid for potential while norm is getting paid for production.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Thank you Norm. Another guy that would have preferred to stay.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post

Its going to be interesting to see how their next contracts will compare.
    Young guy vs Older guy I'm more comfortable giving that contract to younger guy. Maybe this is potential trap but 22 years old and he looks like reliable rotational player. Im ok with that

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    There’s nothing stopping us from getting Norm back and have Gary Trent jr. what’s the cap hood for Hood?

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised people are so down on Trent vs Norm as straight up basketball talent. Trent is young, younger than anyone in the current core. He's made a significant step forward each of his first 3 seasons and is currently a 15 ppg, 40% 3P guy who plays defence. At 22. He's light years ahead of where Norm was at at that age.

People pushing for a younger team with a higher ceiling should love the trade, turning a 27 year old who's peaking and costs more into a 22 year old who projects to be just as good and maybe better while also creating more roster flexibility for management should be a win-win.

I think the main issue is how unfamiliar most Raptors fans were with Trent and how much people had started coming around to Norm - just this season, really. I swear this forum was still pissed off at him half the time right up until the team's COVID outbreak when Norm looked more reliable on a thin roster.
    Its going to be interesting to see how their next contracts will compare.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X