The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    Saw a video today of Ross working out with Norm and Delon. Nice to know that the younger guys hangiut in the offseason.
    But Ross doesn't work in the offseason!

He just plays video games or hangs out in clubs or something like that!!!

Clearly you saw wrong.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      From reddit, in response to a quote by Casey about getting Jonas more involved:
      And his usage has gone up every single year.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        But Ross doesn't work in the offseason!

He just plays video games or hangs out in clubs or something like that!!!

Clearly you saw wrong.
        he was on his phone in the bleachers and stopped to pose for the camera so he could upload the shot to his instagram.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
          Trading JV Isn't an issue. Trading JV for a guy like Milsap definitely is. And Milsap is a better player than JV right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          but milsap is like 31. You have a budding Star in JV who is only 24... Why sell off a future top 10 center for a player who, while good, doesn't appear to be a superstar.

Comment

• Wonder which city Masai is jetting off to for a 12:01 am appt. ?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              Wonder which city Masai is jetting off to for a 12:01 am appt. ?
              Secret meeting with KD.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                And his usage has gone up every single year.
                I mean a 4% increase in usage over his career doesn't really seem like much, especially when you consider that Demar's has increased by 5.6% and Lowry's has risen by 5.8% over that same time interval. If the goal has been to ease the load from the guards by giving the ball to JV, I would say that has failed.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Wonder which city Masai is jetting off to for a 12:01 am appt. ?
                  Thought I heard that he was meeting at DD's house, but maybe thats to trick everyone.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                    but milsap is like 31. You have a budding Star in JV who is only 24... Why sell off a future top 10 center for a player who, while good, doesn't appear to be a superstar.
                    I think you read that completely wrong, partly my mistake.

I said trading JV for a guy like Milsap is definitely an issue even though Misap is a better player than JV right now.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                      Fair point. Summer league first year... Nah. Since then but probably his good year to be honest. Case in point I didnt know he'd been so injury prone of late. But I would be in to adding him if he was cheap to platoon with our other options. He is far from my first, second or third choice, but failing an opportunity to significantly upgrade the 4, I would be open to a low cost, possibly high risk possibly high reward move while still keeping all of our assets... Like Ross. Thinking that if it didn't work out we could still make a trade when an opportunity presented itself.
                      This I agree with... Plan Z.

And to be fair, if Masai does sign him, i'll be OK with it. Masai is a shit tonne better talent evaluator than I am.

I know he took a chance with Biz last year, but toughness and defensive focus were never his issues. Soft as Charmin Nicholson and Lost in Defensive Space Jones just don't seem like MU guys.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Thought I heard that he was meeting at DD's house, but maybe thats to trick everyone.
                        Well that he will do but probably after he meets a fish who is affordable but also wanted. DD will wait a couple of hours.

Comment

I mean a 4% increase in usage over his career doesn't really seem like much, especially when you consider that Demar's has increased by 5.6% and Lowry's has risen by 5.8% over that same time interval. If the goal has been to ease the load from the guards by giving the ball to JV, I would say that has failed.
                          Maybe that wasn't the goal, so it hasn't failed.

The reddit post was put up to make it seem talk of JV being more involved was bs. Dan pointed out it wasn't.

How much more involved is a question for debate- if my eyetest that JV was the best player on the team by years end is right - it should pretty well on par with our 2 alpha dog guards. Doesn't mean it will be.

And there is no way I'd trade JV right now, whether or not our guards can get him more than a small bit more involved. I'd look at replacing at least one of the guards.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            Maybe that wasn't the goal, so it hasn't failed.

The reddit post was put up to make it seem talk of JV being more involved was bs. Dan pointed out it wasn't.

How much more involved is a question for debate- if my eyetest that JV was the best player on the team by years end is right - it should pretty well on par with our 2 alpha dog guards. Doesn't mean it will be.

And there is no way I'd trade JV right now, whether or not our guards can get him more than a small bit more involved. I'd look at replacing at least one of the guards.
                            Neither Masai or Casey think that JV is the best player on this team.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              although i think Masai is very high on jv

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                I said he looked to be over the last 2 months.

And you really don't know what they think, whether you believe you do or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X