Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Yeah, i heard Bogut mentioned and Casspi was until Joerger decided to put him back in his rotation, maybe he still is.. Is Lopez being shopped?

    Anyway, I thought this thread was for credible source rumours rather than our pipedreams.

    They prob put him back into the rotation to show case him.
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

    Comment


    • tDotted wrote: View Post
      http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/...ct-to-be-dealt

      Show's over. It was fun while it lasted.
      That reminds me of when BC publicly stated that Charlie V was a key piece of the Raps future. Then he traded him like 2 weeks later for TJ Ford.

      Comment


      • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        Yeah, i heard Bogut mentioned and Casspi was until Joerger decided to put him back in his rotation, maybe he still is.. Is Lopez being shopped?

        Anyway, I thought this thread was for credible source rumours rather than our pipedreams.
        No, shopped would your earlier post.

        If pipedreams are not allowed than this thread becomes lint.

        Comment


        • lewro wrote: View Post
          No, shopped would your earlier post.

          If pipedreams are not allowed than this thread becomes lint.
          This thread was intended for discussion of legit rumors involving the Raptors in one way, shape or form. Pipedreams should be directed to the Trade Forum.

          Comment


          • In the NBA, and especially in Toronto, "legit rumours" is an oxymoron. If they exist they only come out months after the fact (or 5 years later in a Woj article about another team).
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

            Comment


            • Mess wrote: View Post
              In the NBA, and especially in Toronto, "legit rumours" is an oxymoron. If they exist they only come out months after the fact (or 5 years later in a Woj article about another team).
              In the case of Nerlens Noel, is there any doubt he's being shopped?

              Markieff last year certainly was being shopped.

              These don't fall under the "scalabriner" rumour category.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

              Comment


              • And they are linked to Toronto because? Other than every 4 being rumoured with the Raps.

                Markieff - was that ever legit?

                Noel - the teams talked - but when? this summer? and when was that revealed?


                Anyway, it's mostly always going to be pie in the sky or stuff from the past. Meh.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

                Comment


                • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  In the case of Nerlens Noel, is there any doubt he's being shopped?

                  Markieff last year certainly was being shopped.

                  These don't fall under the "scalabriner" rumour category.
                  I think he means in terms of their connection to TOR. Masai's office being pretty leak proof.

                  I do think some rumours get out (as it takes two to tango, and sometimes you talk to leaky front offices), like Ibaka and Noel. But then you also have to be careful - there's a chance the leak is untrustworthy and is being leaked for a reason by that front office, to gain leverage in negotiations or quietly announce the starting price for a player.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

                  Comment


                  • DanH wrote: View Post
                    I think he means in terms of their connection to TOR. Masai's office being pretty leak proof.

                    I do think some rumours get out (as it takes two to tango, and sometimes you talk to leaky front offices), like Ibaka and Noel. But then you also have to be careful - there's a chance the leak is untrustworthy and is being leaked for a reason by that front office, to gain leverage in negotiations or quietly announce the starting price for a player.
                    agreed. we did hear about the ibaka negotiations after the fact. once the deal is done theres no leverage to be lost. shows he trying but has to be realistic about the market and fans should adjust their expectations to that reality.

                    Comment


                    • DanH wrote: View Post
                      I think he means in terms of their connection to TOR. Masai's office being pretty leak proof.

                      I do think some rumours get out (as it takes two to tango, and sometimes you talk to leaky front offices), like Ibaka and Noel. But then you also have to be careful - there's a chance the leak is untrustworthy and is being leaked for a reason by that front office, to gain leverage in negotiations or quietly announce the starting price for a player.
                      I know what he meant, but this thread isn't about who we're making available, because as both of you say, it would be pointless. And maybe I don't remember well, but I thought the thread groundrule was legit rumours, not legit rumours that must have Toronto as part of them.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                      Comment


                      • this is the OP. What ground rules? Trade Chatter means Legit Trade Rumour Attached to the Raptors? I mean, nobody really knows anything except for Woj when something is actually done because he buys the intel. Other than that its just stein, lowe, etc. drinking wine with league execs and the like. No?

                        Comment


                        • nerlens noel already injured after 10 minutes of play. jesus christ.

                          Comment


                          • iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            nerlens noel already injured after 10 minutes of play. jesus christ.

                            I saw the highlight of the injury and the halftime interview (both have since been taken down), he was fine. He got hacked on the wrist. He said in post game interview that he stepped on a Pistons' foot but that didn't happen. Here's the clip.

                            http://www.csnphilly.com/video/noel-...back-next-game

                            Best I can find now is these highlights:

                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YzSWATQOqNk

                            The injury happened at the beginning of his sub. He was moving very well after the contact.

                            We'll see first hand on Wednesday. Will be an interesting matchup and the next day most of the FA return to market.

                            Comment


                            • Keep driving down that value Nerlens.
                              Forget giving you Ross – We'll give you FVV and a 1st, Bryan.

                              Comment


                              • GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                                Keep driving down that value Nerlens.
                                Forget giving you Ross – We'll give you FVV and a 1st, Bryan.
                                lol, sold! gotta match salaries tho.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X