Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Just finished watching the 4th quarter:

- Lowry and DeRozan literally just alternated taking shots in that quarter. Tough shots too. Just brutal.
    - Unlike in the Minny game, JV actually played in the 4th. But they didn't really use him on offence lol. So what's the point?
    - Bebe Noguiera is Casey's new John Salmons. He loves the guy. Putting him on Harris in the 4th was beyond stupid. Harris completely torched the Raps in that quarter. I mean, it's so predictable. That's what happens when you put a 7 footer against a good scoring SF like Harris. Someone tell Casey that Noguiera is not Bismack Biyombo.

And finally, i'm officially on the #FireCasey bandwagon. I've defended the guy since day 1 but I feel like it's time to shake things up.
    Good points.

And better late than never.

Comment

• This video just improved my mood. No kidding

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
        That's a part that really stands out to me.

Doesn't take a genius to read between the lines that he's basically saying that our franchise will claim we just need to play harder but he doesn't believe that...he believes they need more and as he says something needs to change. He's basically demanding a trade but he's keeping it "professional".
        I wonder by him saying he "knows what to do" is he talking about Ibaka? Seeing that him and Ibaka do share the same agent.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Btw, on the Raps final possession - DeRozan wasn't really trying to score on that play he was trying to get fouled which is STUPID.

Same thing happened in the Minnesota game, he had the ball and had a chance to win the game, instead of shooting the ball, he pumped fake, the defender didn't bite, he then passed it to Lowry with 2 something secs left, put him in a tough spot, Lowry just ended up launching the ball and it wasn't even close to going in.

I know the pump fake is like DeRozan's signature move. But you can't use it in a possible game winning shot, everyone's locked in. No one's going to get fooled by that. And the refs RARELY calls a foul late in the game. You have to try and score in that type of situations.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            Btw, on the Raps final possession - DeRozan wasn't really trying to score on that play he was trying to get fouled which is STUPID.

Same thing happened in the Minnesota game, he had the ball and had a chance to win the game, instead of shooting the ball, he pumped fake, the defender didn't bite, he then passed it to Lowry with 2 something secs left, put him in a tough spot, Lowry just ended up launching the ball and it wasn't even close to going in.

I know the pump fake is like DeRozan's signature move. But you can't use it in a possible game winning shot, everyone's locked in. No one's going to get fooled by that. And the refs RARELY calls a foul late in the game. You have to try and score in that type of situations.
            Very good analysis. Saw way too much of this from DeRozan in the playoffs the last couple seasons as well .... and refs seldom call these in the playoffs.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              I wonder by him saying he "knows what to do" is he talking about Ibaka? Seeing that him and Ibaka do share the same agent.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

1. First Kyle says he should have ignored the playcalling in the previous game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tar4zHgGYPk
              2. Today he has a heated exchange in the 4th with Casey. source
              3. After the game takes a dig at "what will be said", rather than what needs to be done.
              4. He goes on to compliment the other team's adjustments three times, implying by omission that we didn't do anything in response.

If you guys think that this all adds up to him complaining about the roster and not about the coaching, I don't know what to tell you, except that you're seeing what you want to see.

Comment

• Game #55: Raptors (32-22) @ Pistons (25-28); Sunday February 12th at 6pm on TSN

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                1. First Kyle says he should have ignored the playcalling in the previous game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tar4zHgGYPk
                2. Today he has a heated exchange in the 4th with Casey. source
                3. After the game takes a dig at "what will be said", rather than what needs to be done.
                4. He goes on to compliment the other team's adjustments three times, implying by omission that we didn't do anything in response.

If you guys think that this all adds up to him complaining about the roster and not about the coaching, I don't know what to tell you, except that you're seeing what you want to see.
                Yeah it's pretty clear to me that it's a shot at Casey not the roster. Sure, he'd probably love more talent on the roster but his comments about doing the same thing over and over is 100% about the play calling. The Demar ISO play isn't how you win games and Lowry knows it. Bringing in a star PF isn't going to change that. The ball should be in Lowry's hands there, not Demar's.

In the last couple of minutes of this game, when Lowry controlled the play, we were able to score. When Demar did, we didn't. Lowry is the better player but is deferring to Demar because of Casey's play calling.

That final defensive play, not sure what Demar was thinking. Bebe was on Marcus Morris while Demar completely stood in the wrong side of the court while one of the perimeter players was left completely ignored. Maybe Demar was confused by the Raps strategy of switching on players, but Demar can see Bebe is there (and Bebe guarded Morris the previous possession without switches) and should realize that the man he's supposed to cover is in the opposite corner.

Final offensive play - refs aren't going to bail you out. Zero attempt to score, 100% attempt to get to the line. That's a bad play call and bad execution. There was time for a screen to create space but Casey chose not to. There was space for Demar to drive, he chose not to. Morris played it well (closed the gap without leaving his feet) but those pump fakes aren't going to work well in that situation. You have a bigger defender on you, drive the freaking ball!!

This team looks like a first round loss waiting to happen.
                Last edited by Axel; Mon Feb 13, 2017, 06:59 AM.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I didn't take Lowry's comments as demanding team make a trade. I took them as a shot at Casey. Thought it was pretty clear. He implied they were out coached. Short of saying "we were out coached" but the intent was clear.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    I didn't take Lowry's comments as demanding team make a trade. I took them as a shot at Casey. Thought it was pretty clear. He implied they were out coached. Short of saying "we were out coached" but the intent was clear.
                    Yeah, I can't imagine how anyone could interpret them differently.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• What a shit show.

That is all.

Comment

• I mean, does anyone remember his comments after the Washington series? They were pretty damning, especially for Casey, but nothing happened at the end of the day.

It'll be the same this time. Nothing's going to happen. We're going to get kicked out in the first round.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• I really don't see how anyone could interpret what Lowry said as anything else but a comment about the coaching. I really just don't.

I've said this in other threads but I'll repeat it again; we are throwing very winnable games away in spite of not playing as well as we can. 100% that's on the coaching and I'm pretty sure the players know it as well.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              I didn't take Lowry's comments as demanding team make a trade. I took them as a shot at Casey. Thought it was pretty clear. He implied they were out coached. Short of saying "we were out coached" but the intent was clear.
                              Yep. It's pretty obvious when Lowry goes out of his way to compliment the other team on the "great adjustments they made". Twice. Since when does a competitor like Lowry kiss the other team's ass like that? Like, never.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post

Well, they play differently. The last 6 minutes or so of every game they go away from what is working and get way too predictable. It's generally worked cause DD and Lowry usually make plays/score but it's catching up to them....

Comment

Working...
                                X