X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbas wrote: View Post
    Not a prediction

its a fact
    I used to be as optimistic as you, but then I realized that we raptor fans can never have nice things lol

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Well, crap. That was no fun. I mean, it was interesting to see Casey find as many ways as possible to throw the game away.

Vuc getting hot with JV on him? Let's try nothing. No early Sully sub to just get him off his rhythm or nothing. Oh, and in the meantime, we'll just not go to JV at all to try to score back at them while Vuc is hot. Better yet we'll ignore him for the rest of the game - because scoring 30+ PITP in the first half was boring. We'll jack up contested jumpers and turn the ball over trying to drive into traffic instead.

Oh, here's another idea! We'll make sure to play JV beside Siakam for 7 minutes and get outscored by 8 with the pair on the court. Nailed it.

Ooh! How about we put together a run in the 4th Q to close the gap to 1 point, with a nice little lineup of Lowry, VV (who was great by the way), Ross, Nogueira and JV. Then, and this is gold, we put in Cory Joseph, who hasn't played all game, for Ross (who shot 4/6 from 3 in the game), just because. That's the glorious three PG lineup! See, it will serve to kill our own momentum when ORL clearly has no idea how to do it themselves.

Siakam was -10 in 9 minutes (+1 in 2 minutes beside Nogueira, the only C he should ever play beside). Joseph was -9 in 6 minutes. Take out the insanity and this is a win. This is what I mean about them throwing games away of late.

That said, Lowry was garbage, Pat got hurt again, no DD, Carroll was useless... Still, all that and no insanity and it's a win. Jeez.
      You are so positive man. It's very admirable. I'm so over this team. Didn't get to see the game and I'm glad I didn't. Something is very wrong with this team this year and I felt it from the beginning. You can't win when you have an idiotic coach that always plays the wrong lineup and has no offensive sets lol. And then on top of that nobody plays defense on this team what so ever. Hopefully they figure it out, but times ticking and history proves they only play worse when the playoffs arrive and Casey learns nothing and stays stubborn. So I won't be holding my breath. Maybe when we get fully healthy I'll have faith again but for now I'm in no rush to watch this team play. It isn't fun anymore.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        You are so positive man. It's very admirable. I'm so over this team. Didn't get to see the game and I'm glad I didn't. Something is very wrong with this team this year and I felt it from the beginning. You can't win when you have an idiotic coach that always plays the wrong lineup and has no offensive sets lol. And then on top of that nobody plays defense on this team what so ever. Hopefully they figure it out, but times ticking and history proves they only play worse when the playoffs arrive and Casey learns nothing and stays stubborn. So I won't be holding my breath. Maybe when we get fully healthy I'll have faith again but for now I'm in no rush to watch this team play. It isn't fun anymore.
        I agree with glf
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• So anyone still think this is a SLUMP? 8-12 the last 20 games. Can we panic now?

I know DeRozan is out. He's their top scorer, go to guy in the clutch, closer.....blah blah blah. Their offence is obviously not the same without him. And they really miss him specially in late game situations. But they should still be able to beat the MAGIC.

Lowry did not have a good game but the other guys need to step up. Carroll 0 pts. Joseph 7 mins(?) 0 points. Both these guys NEED TO GO. They're not really giving the team anything. I bet we'd be a much better team if Powell is our starting SF and Wright as the backup PG.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            It's the collective losses. In a vacuum this game is excusable. But nobodies in the mood for excuses at 8-12 in the last 20
            Excuses? Didn't you just say we shouldn't worry about Cleveland and enjoy the ride?

This is what a .600 team looks like. A key injury, some rough patches, and then maybe we win one or two playoff rounds.

At every juncture over the past couple years I've asked what is our long-term strategy, and every time the answer has been "patience". "We don't want to rush anything." "Enjoy the ride." "No Colangelo moves."

So I don't get why everyone is upset now. We'll bounce back, and everyone will go back to ignoring the bigger-picture, long-term questions.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Well, crap. That was no fun. I mean, it was interesting to see Casey find as many ways as possible to throw the game away.

Vuc getting hot with JV on him? Let's try nothing. No early Sully sub to just get him off his rhythm or nothing. Oh, and in the meantime, we'll just not go to JV at all to try to score back at them while Vuc is hot. Better yet we'll ignore him for the rest of the game - because scoring 30+ PITP in the first half was boring. We'll jack up contested jumpers and turn the ball over trying to drive into traffic instead.

Oh, here's another idea! We'll make sure to play JV beside Siakam for 7 minutes and get outscored by 8 with the pair on the court. Nailed it.

Ooh! How about we put together a run in the 4th Q to close the gap to 1 point, with a nice little lineup of Lowry, VV (who was great by the way), Ross, Nogueira and JV. Then, and this is gold, we put in Cory Joseph, who hasn't played all game, for Ross (who shot 4/6 from 3 in the game), just because. That's the glorious three PG lineup! See, it will serve to kill our own momentum when ORL clearly has no idea how to do it themselves.

Siakam was -10 in 9 minutes (+1 in 2 minutes beside Nogueira, the only C he should ever play beside). Joseph was -9 in 6 minutes. Take out the insanity and this is a win. This is what I mean about them throwing games away of late.

That said, Lowry was garbage, Pat got hurt again, no DD, Carroll was useless... Still, all that and no insanity and it's a win. Jeez.
              When Joseph first came in, I swear I could hear you groan in frustration.

It was great that Casey finally gave another player a look (and FVV was very good) but in the end, when it came down to it in the 4th, he falls back into old mistakes/habits. CoJo provided nothing yet Casey let him finish the game instead of going back to FVV (who looked like he needed a quick breather when he came out, not to be sent to the showers).

Really disappointed we didn't see any Delon Wright. CoJo and Carroll should rarely see the court right now. Carroll is all or nothing, either he's playing well or he's completely trash. After 5 mins, it's usually pretty obvious which Carroll it is.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• The one team we've been able to beat recently is Brooklyn so I feel good about this

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  Man, people don't give me any time! There's always one up within like an hour of the game ending! Lol
                  There's no appreciation for a finely crafted OP anymore. Just get it out as quick as possible and don't worry about quality.

Joey, look at the schedule and predict the next loss and start crafting your OP now in advance. Only way you're likely getting in there.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    Excuses? Didn't you just say we shouldn't worry about Cleveland and enjoy the ride?

This is what a .600 team looks like. A key injury, some rough patches, and then maybe we win one or two playoff rounds.

At every juncture over the past couple years I've asked what is our long-term strategy, and every time the answer has been "patience". "We don't want to rush anything." "Enjoy the ride." "No Colangelo moves."

So I don't get why everyone is upset now. We'll bounce back, and everyone will go back to ignoring the bigger-picture, long-term questions.
                    This, people need to relax. How many teams play well without thier leading scorer? If IT went down how well would Boston play?

Raptors are top heavy. They have 2 all-stars and a punch of role players who struggle to make open shots from time to time.

All this stretch proves is just how important Debo is to this team.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      Relax yall. It's SuperBowl Sunday. Basketball is not important on that day. Period.
                      BASKETBALL IS ALWAYS IMPORTANT, NO MATTER WHAT ELSE IS FUCKING GOING ON IN SPORTS THAT DAY. YOU HEAR ME?

This game is a MUST-WIN. If we lose, it's time to do a fire sale.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                        With Derozan's return, Raptors win 3 in a row which helps them regain their confidence

With the return of their confidence, Sky is the limit.
                        Demar is returning?
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                          Please share your wisdom. What is the problem of this team? The coach? So if we change coaches we're now contenders??

You think we can beat the contenders with the same roster and a different coach?? lol. And you said it doesn't take a rocket scientist... You're right.... it takes a dreamer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          You represent a true naive Raptor fan. Trying your hardest in turning a blind eye on what ails this team because of your fan hood towards a flawed player.

Masai is not totally out of this equation because he was the one who not only re-sign the Coach but overpay a one dimensional player.

That's my wisdom to share.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                            You represent a true naive Raptor fan. Trying your hardest in turning a blind eye on what ails this team because of your fan hood towards a flawed player.

Masai is not totally out of this equation because he was the one who not only re-sign the Coach but overpay a one dimensional player.

That's my wisdom to share.
                            At least I have an idea of what I'm talking about......So now you admit that its all of the above. Not just the coach and not just one player. There's hope yet.

Let me know when you have more wisdom to share. lol

The only naive person is the claw talking about contending and championships. Let's just try to get healthy and win back the 2nd seed for now. Baby steps.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                              At least I have an idea of what I'm talking about......So now you admit that its all of the above. Not just the coach and not just one player. There's hope yet.

Let me know when you have more wisdom to share. lol

The only naive person is the claw talking about contending and championships. Let's just try to get healthy and win back the 2nd seed for now. Baby steps.

At this point however, firing Masai NOR Casey are remote possibilities. But trading Derozan is something that they should consider. Promoting Powell full time is the most prudent long term solution (most especially defensively).
                              We may still lose some games but will not hinder their overall development. Derozan has reached his ceiling. There is a greater chance that they will lose Lowry off Free Agency. Derozan thrives with Lowry as his Alpha.

Im not content being a playoff fodder for this contending teams. But I guess that's how you roll, no offense.

Comment

• So ... is it time NOW to consider a different game plan? Maybe something different?

Maybe making adaptions to the offensive and defensive game plan? Maybe looking at more FVV and less Corey? More Powell instead of Carroll? More Bebe or Poetl at PF instead of Siakam or Sully?

I am beginning to become OK with the idea of moving Carroll, CoJo and/or Siakam in the off season or earlier.

Honestly, the worst part about this slump for me isn't the losing or us playing badly. It's us still being able to win these games but throwing them away anyways. DD being hurt or not (to me at least) doesn't make a lick of difference in this case given we were already slumping before he got hurt.
                                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                                X