Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit wrote: View Post
    But the Raps won by 9...why is he mad?
    had an 18 point lead into the 4th, should demolish them more, but then Casey believed Siakam was good enough. That kid has hit the rookie slump

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      But the Raps won by 9...why is he mad?
      At the time he posted the message, Raptors were leading by 5

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
        had an 18 point lead into the 4th, should demolish them more, but then Casey believed Siakam was good enough. That kid has hit the rookie slump
        We diss the coach for not trusting rookies and we diss the coach for trusting rookies.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• I'll take the win. One dominant Q was all we needed, got it in the 3rd, though end of 2nd was a nice start.

Kind of funny how ineffective the two rooks were this game (our rooks). Siakam was brutal, though I applaud the effort he put in trying to defend that monster. Poeltl couldn't do anything right.

Good on Casey to start Pat in the 3rd, put the game out of reach in no time. Liked the small ball bench units too.

Weird choice to a) go back to Siakam in the 4th while at the same time b) leaving JV and Lowry out there with him, because that's a formula for losing points, especially tonight, and might as well be resting those two if you are going to bleed points. Kind of odd to give DeMar the rest of the night off while riding Lowry (and JV, played all but 40 seconds of the 4th) to the end, but hey, I'll take some rest for someone, I guess.

I don't mind the team letting off the gas late against a poor opponent. Was never any danger of this one slipping away. Even late when the team was clearly done and couldn't be bothered to inbound the ball properly, and the guards couldn't be bothered to react to pressure. Would prefer they let off the gas while letting Lowry and JV sit, but oh well.

I know it probably means nothing but I'm getting giddy just at the thought that the 3rd Q lineup (in combination with recent quick hooks for Siakam) might be a sign of an impending starting lineup change.

Anyway, streak continues.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Definitely interesting seeing an increasing variety of lineup combinations - nice to be able to do that with 15+ point leads and confidence in your roster. Patterson is absolutely key, had him guarding 3 different positions during this game. That makes so many combinations possible, you can put anybody out there with him.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              Definitely interesting seeing an increasing variety of lineup combinations - nice to be able to do that with 15+ point leads and confidence in your roster. Patterson is absolutely key, had him guarding 3 different positions during this game. That makes so many combinations possible, you can put anybody out there with him.
              The combo that surprised me so much I posted it in the lineup thread - JV-Ross-Norm-Cojo-KL

Has Casey ever used this before?
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Anyway, not quite the laugher we hoped for but we won, as opposed to the Celtics, Hornets, Pacers and Cavs who semi-gifted the Grizz a W.
                Actually, if any team deserves a bit of a gift it's the Grizz.

Half game back and 4 up on the 3rd place Knicks.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Definitely interesting seeing an increasing variety of lineup combinations - nice to be able to do that with 15+ point leads and confidence in your roster. Patterson is absolutely key, had him guarding 3 different positions during this game. That makes so many combinations possible, you can put anybody out there with him.
                  I feel like the time until the trade deadline is all about finding a combination of players currently on the roster that can counter the cavs. If they never find such a lineup/tactic, than I think Masai has to look at making a trade.
                  Last edited by DogeLover1234; Thu Dec 15, 2016, 03:14 AM.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    The combo that surprised me so much I posted it in the lineup thread - JV-Ross-Norm-Cojo-KL

Has Casey ever used this before?
                    I liked that lineup. Don't remember how it did though.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      Casey right now:

Guess who played the whole 4th Q.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

What the fuck is wrong with you dude? You're trying so hard to undervalue JV it's funny.

You could say the same thing about other guy, who was gambling an entire 4th quarter.
                        Last edited by rocwell; Thu Dec 15, 2016, 08:14 AM.

Comment

What the fuck is wrong with you dude? You're trying so hard to undervalue JV it's funny.

You could say the same thing about other guy, who was gambling an entire 4th quarter.
                          it's christian, the guy thinks scola was a good defender because he took charges. that's the level we're talking about here.

Comment

Im not try hard at all. JV has a lot of value on O. Just not as much on D.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

Was it Kyle Lowry? Cory Joseph? Powell played 10 minutes!

Anyone trying to draw conclusions from a period of pure garbage time (the Raps treated it that way even if their coach didn't) is going to end up with faulty conclusions. In the first half, when the game was competitive, JV had one of the best DRTG's on the team.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Game #26: Atlanta Hawks 125 - Toronto Raptors 121

Probable Starters

Toronto
                                PG - Kyle Lowry
                                SG - DeMar DeRozan
                                SF - DeMarre Carroll
                                PF - Pascal Siakam
                                C - Jonas Valanciunas

Atlanta
                                PG - Dennis Schroder
                                SG - Tim Hardaway Jr
                                SF - Thabo Sefolosha
                                PF - Paul Millsap
                                C - Dwight Howard

Performance tracker: odds of Raptors winning game = 75%

Fun fact:

ATL has completely fallen apart of late. Over the past 10 games, they have the 29th ranked offence and 26th ranked defence. Some of that is because the Raptors destroyed them 5 games ago. Over the 4 games since that one, they've managed a league average net rating and a 2-2 record, beating the Heat and the Bucks, but losing to the Magic last game, giving up 131 points to a team with a sub-100 ORTG for the year. Good luck with that defence against the most potent offence in the history of the game (115.3, getting higher by the day now).
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X