Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    i don't understand why matt and jack are trying to push this narrative about lucas contesting jumpers so hard. he isn't good at it, typically, and he didn't really contest that shot all that hard either.
    Really? I feel like his length and ability to contest shots is his biggest asset, on either end. His defensive positioning is still inconsistent, and his offense is mostly limited to alleyoops and putbacks (the occasional 3 notwithstanding).

But yeah, if it's the AD left hook you're talking about, yeah, he needed to have his hands up on that one.

Comment

• Siakam is fucking useless

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        I would say altering shots is his biggest asset
        yeah, shots at the rim. but he's not that good at closing out on shooters.

Comment

Couldn't agree more. The one (of many) shot that I thought stood out was "I know he wanted to retire years ago but he's stuck up on that stage every week"

It's really condescending. First you're telling everybody that Charles had financial problems which a lot of people know but still out of line, and he makes it sound like the guy is forced to do a degrading job like a clown to pay for his family. Lebron: the guy makes 1.5 million a year to sit in a comfy chair an our or 2 a week and criticize morons like you. He's gonna be OK.
          I thought that one was fairly minor but yes still incredibly stupid. Not to mention one of the game's biggest stars ever, Shaq, holds the same job as well as KG so there is no shame in former players choosing to pick a profession where they are able to still be around the game they love.

While I know people can "google it", I thought it was just disgusting throwing Barkley's gambling and other financial issues in his face. Those are personal mistakes and I'm sure he's not proud of them looking back. But I wouldn't be surprised if much of the generation of fans that started watching the game when LBJ started or shortly after didn't even realize those things about Charles and he publicly shames him as a childish response to a critique of something purely basketball related. Funny he doesn't say that stuff about Jordan's past issues with gambling, hmmm...perhaps he doesn't want a fist down his throat or just thinks he can get away with the classless act. Can you imagine if Kobe criticized Dwight and Howard decided to mock him about past rape allegations??? It was that low.

Coming into the season I wanted the Cavs to beat the Warriors but now I hope it's the most lopsided blowout Ws for an easy sweep for GSW and that LBJ never wins one again. Just classless and ironically immature for a guy who also spent the rest of his response boasting what a saint he's been (which I'm sure is bs, everybody has their skeletons).

Comment

• Way to close the quarter boys.

Jeez.

Comment

• Chefff wrote: View Post
              Really? I feel like his length and ability to contest shots is his biggest asset, on either end. His defensive positioning is still inconsistent, and his offense is mostly limited to alleyoops and putbacks (the occasional 3 notwithstanding).

But yeah, if it's the AD left hook you're talking about, yeah, he needed to have his hands up on that one.
              no i'm talking about the earlier jump-shot. he doesn't contest jumpers / close out shooters all that well.

good at altering shots at the rim, though.

Comment

• Cory Joseph.....no words.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Powell taking tips from Carroll on how not to finish around the rim?

Comment

• Can Masai trade Joseph for a fucking bag of chips

Comment

• As horrendous as Carroll is at lay ups, Powell misses a shockingly high number of wide open lay ups.

Comment

• lol raps

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                          As horrendous as Carroll is at lay ups, Powell misses a shockingly high number of wide open lay ups.
                          He's caught carrolls yips
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• This bullshit mentality that we are trying to retain this shitload of baggage because he is Canadian is killing me.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                              Can Masai trade Joseph for a fucking bag of chips
                              Salt and vinegar maybe but don't expect all dressed
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Salt and vinegar maybe but don't expect all dressed
                                oh first pineapples now chips are going to divide the forum?

Comment

Working...
                                X