Game #1: Chicago Bulls 100 - Toronto Raptors 117

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Can't get over how physically mature he is already. Can bang with anyone at his position.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      I got a headache after 20 seconds. The shtick is getting old.
      I'm not so sure it's a shtick. Apparently he's always been like this, all day, everywhere lol
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        I got a headache after 20 seconds. The shtick is getting old.
        It got old the first time I heard it .....

Comment

• Fuck that household
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Wright reminds me of a young, circa-2007 Jose Calderon, with his court vision and ability to get to the basket seemingly at will. His defense is vastly superior though, and if he can develop a reliable outside shot, he could be the long-term replacement for Lowry.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              Wright reminds me of a young, circa-2007 Jose Calderon, with his court vision and ability to get to the basket seemingly at will. His defense is vastly superior though, and if he can develop a reliable outside shot, he could be the long-term replacement for Lowry.
              He reminds me of pre knee injury Shaun Livingston, who was projected to be a future all star. We could have a good one, just needs to develop range on his shot and he's scary
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                Wright reminds me of a young, circa-2007 Jose Calderon, with his court vision and ability to get to the basket seemingly at will. His defense is vastly superior though, and if he can develop a reliable outside shot, he could be the long-term replacement for Lowry.
                Way more physically talented than Jose and a much better scorer attacking the basket. But definitely some similarities in how they read the D and attack.

Man i love Wright's game. Hope he can stay healthy and improve his 3. No obvious holes in his game beyond that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Has a Casey team ever switched as many screens on the perimeter as the Raptors are doing now?
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Has a Casey team ever switched as many screens on the perimeter as the Raptors are doing now?
                    No. Helps when everyone on the second unit can do it, too.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      Has a Casey team ever switched as many screens on the perimeter as the Raptors are doing now?
                      i was pretty confused by some of the switching.

I mean, screens are one thing but i saw multiple switches that came on plays which were barely a screen. One sequence in particular, if i'm recalling it correctly, saw Ibaka switch onto Lopez for no reason, leaving JV to switch onto Markkannen. Following that, Lowry and JV switched for, again, seemingly no reason, leaving JV guarding a PG and Lowry guarding Lauri.

I can't think of an explanation.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        i was pretty confused by some of the switching.

I mean, screens are one thing but i saw multiple switches that came on plays which were barely a screen. One sequence in particular, if i'm recalling it correctly, saw Ibaka switch onto Lopez for no reason, leaving JV to switch onto Markkannen. Following that, Lowry and JV switched for, again, seemingly no reason, leaving JV guarding a PG and Lowry guarding Lauri.

I can't think of an explanation.
                        I would say a couple things. First, with more and more teams focusing on three point shooting, simply switching everything leaves less open/wide open looks from deep. Hand in hand with that, with all the motion offenses trying to confuse defenses, simplifying the defense by simply switching everything keeps it easy for your guys to stay on plan. There's obvious issues with it and they'll be exploited but it's something more and more teams will do to try and simplify the game and make opposing players make plays.

Of course, could also just be an experiment or a specific plan against the Bulls or mistakes by players. Need to see what the next 15-20 games brings to see if it's a pattern.

Comment

• They have never had the personnel to switch like this. With the starter they switch 1 through 4 and Ice the PnR with JV. The bench switches 1 through 5. It's how they want to play defense and its pretty effective when you look at second unit.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            They have never had the personnel to switch like this. With the starter they switch 1 through 4 and Ice the PnR with JV. The bench switches 1 through 5. It's how they want to play defense and its pretty effective when you look at second unit.

They were switching with JV too. There were two plays I recall in particular he did a good job - once he stuck with a guard on a switch and forced the pass, another he actually denied the guard the ball.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              They have never had the personnel to switch like this. With the starter they switch 1 through 4 and Ice the PnR with JV. The bench switches 1 through 5. It's how they want to play defense and its pretty effective when you look at second unit.

Well JV was switching yesterday, and he played good defence (better than Ibaka IMO).

Comment

• Everyone's talking about JV and OG and Miles, they all played well but Wright imo was the most impressive Raptor last night.

I'm still skeptical about him though because he can't shoot. But he was great last night.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X