Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't say we need LeBron to sign in the west because that's not a plan lol.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Jordan > LeBron
      Colangelo > Masai

#BringBackBC
      BC was the best of times for the tyrannosaurus, can't say I blame you. 65 million BC to be precise
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

What's the plan?
        The way I interpret it:

1) Work to re-shape the team this summer through the trade market, if an advantageous deal is out there. Don't make a trade to make a trade, but improve the team if possible.

2) If nothing presents itself, there's an expiry date on this core in 2-3 years because of the way the contracts are structured. Don't compromise that.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• A Raptors fan wants BC back after the shitshow he made...What is life...

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            The way I interpret it:

1) Work to re-shape the team this summer through the trade market, if an advantageous deal is out there. Don't make a trade to make a trade, but improve the team if possible.

2) If nothing presents itself, there's an expiry date on this core in 2-3 years because of the way the contracts are structured. Don't compromise that.
            When i say plan i'm talkin championship plan. That's the goal right? that''s not
            how you plan a championship team, that's rebuilding plan.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Giving Colangelo credit for Jose Calderon?
              Fair enough forgot that Calderon was actually picked up by Babcock.

Point still stands though. Garbajosa and Anthony Parker were great players for us, particularly the latter who was definitely better than any of the sleeper guys that Masai picked up.

Comment

When i say plan i'm talkin championship plan. That's the goal right? that''s not
                There is no 'quick and easy' championship plan for the Raptors. I'm sorry if that makes you unhappy, but it's simple fact. There never was one for this core.

Be a really good franchise with young, talented guys and take a shot at Giannis in 2021 is a Championship plan.

Comment

Rebuilding plan is a championship plan. #TankSquad
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The thing is Colangelo and Masai aren't the only types of GMs who exist.

Colangelo doesn't plan well and is way too high risk and trigger happy. Masai plans pretty well but is not willing enough to take risks.

There are GMs who plan well and are ALSO willing to take smart, calculated risks when necessary to get over the hump. Ainge and Morey come to mind. Those guys are better than Masai.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      A Raptors fan wants BC back after the shitshow he made...What is life...
                      Yes because he did something very sinister smh. What he did was wrong but let's not act like he murdered someone. Colangelo deserves a 2nd chance.

They have guys in the NFL who has done some horrible things and somehow kept getting 2nd chances like Jameis Winston, Greg Hardy etc...no i don't think Hardy deserves a 2nd chance.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Yes because he did something very sinister smh. What he did was wrong but let's not act like he murdered someone. Colangelo deserves a 2nd chance.

They have guys in the NFL who has done some horrible things and somehow kept getting 2nd chances like Jameis Winston, Greg Hardy etc...no i don't think Hardy deserves a 2nd chance.
                        He got a second chance with Philly and he fucked that up too. He's never going to be GM in NBA.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                          The thing is Colangelo and Masai aren't the only types of GMs who exist.

Colangelo doesn't plan well and is way too high risk and trigger happy. Masai plans pretty well but is not willing enough to take risks.

There are GMs who plan well and are ALSO willing to take smart, calculated risks when necessary to get over the hump. Ainge and Morey come to mind. Those guys are better than Masai.
                          Boston fans spent years killing Ainge for being too patient before he pulled the trigger on Kyrie.

Comment

• I love how Barolt just slides in the DeRozan bashing every chance he gets, the same guy who wanted Ross to start over him.

Not sure why you brought up that DeRozan was the reason we couldn't rebuild as an argument for Masai. Nobody forced Masai to pay him that contract, or even keep him after paying it. Could've traded him the following December and then looked to move Kyle as well and rebuilt. Or he could've just let him walk and then rebuilt. He didn't.

Comment

The thing is Colangelo and Masai aren't the only types of GMs who exist.

They are the best. No doubt about it.

Comment

Fair enough forgot that Calderon was actually picked up by Babcock.

Point still stands though. Garbajosa and Anthony Parker were great players for us, particularly the latter who was definitely better than any of the sleeper guys that Masai picked up.
                                Anthony Parker? Are we remembering the same Anthony Parker?

He was a serviceable wing. Slightly above average (for the first couple years anyway), solid role player. Probably on par with FVV, maybe. Definitely a significantly better wing signing than the dozen other names BC tried at SF throughout the years.

Same goes for Garbo, who wasn't actually above average.

Great players? Man alive, the nostalgia is real.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X