This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
    I was out this evening for Canada Day, so I didn't know LeBron signed anywhere....

What the fuck lol. Are the Lakers gonna re-sign Randle and expect they can ship him and Lonzo to the Spurs for Kawhi? I have no clue what they are doing lol.

I suspect Masai is gonna look to trade Ibaka for something. Hopefully Miles also goes, I'd like to clear cap space off of players who aren't really worth it. Sign Mbah a Moute to replace Miles if you want. Montrezl Harrell, Ellington, and Bradley also interesting as well.
    Funny thing, they say Lebron out coached Casey in the playoffs. But now that he decided to leave Cleveland cause he sees that he can't win with that team no more (the same team that beat the Raptors) is Lebron a better GM then Masai if the current roster remains virtually the same for next season??!!! I mean what are we doing here?! Are we just planning to reach the finals and be happy we got there?! Cause there is no way we are beating the Warriors if we get there!! (A healthy Boston team in the playoffs will be a handful as well). It seems like some teams are looking to win it all, while the Raps are happy to just reach a milestone as a measurement of success.

Comment

• So we still have money to sign one backup NBA caliber player? Who could it be?

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        Funny thing, they say Lebron out coached Casey in the playoffs. But now that he decided to leave Cleveland cause he sees that he can't win with that team no more (the same team that beat the Raptors) is Lebron a better GM then Masai if the current roster remains virtually the same for next season??!!! I mean what are we doing here?! Are we just planning to reach the finals and be happy we got there?! Cause there is no way we are beating the Warriors if we get there!! (A healthy Boston team in the playoffs will be a handful as well). It seems like some teams are looking to win it all, while the Raps are happy to just reach a milestone as a measurement of success.
        Boston and Philly will be tough, but they're absolutely beatable. We've got a coach who seems to be willing to be innovative and creative - and has the answers for it too as far as we can tell.

Which is why I'm in favour of going after some wings that can shoot/defend and clearing cap space from players who struggle to do either. That would raise the ceiling of the team.

In any case, Masai still has the rest of the offseason to do something. This is just the first day of FA, who said he'll do nothing.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
          In any case, Masai still has the rest of the offseason to do something. This is just the first day of FA, who said he'll do nothing.
          Nobody is saying Masai will do nothing. But I just dont see him break up this core because he prefers to get to the next level (Finals) next season and the players he can get today for our starters are probably not gonna be as good as to change the fortune of this ship within their first season.

The Raptors may have to get spanked by a non-Lebron led team in the Eastern Conference playoffs before Masai would truly have had enough.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            No team will beat the warriors as currently constructed. Doesn't matter the team or conference. Doesn't matter if Lebron & Kawhi were on the lakers together.

If you're the Raptors, adjust the goal posts to make it to the finals (the furthest they would have ever been) and celebrate that. Give our youth core the experience and confidence a finals run give you. Then start a natural, unforced rebuild at the end of the window Masai set up, peaking with guys like OG/Siakam/FVV with finals experience (plus future drafted talent), just as the warriors decline.

Comment

• Busy celebrating our nations birthday so heard the news late.

Masai and Ainge must be feeling pretty giddy. Lebron was a huge mental block for our team.. not sure why but it was there and now he's gone. I still hope there are moves that Masai makes and doesn't just stay pat.. but it also requires teams willing to take on some of our core which isn't guaranteed.

I deep down don't think Lebron feels like he has a chance in LA. I think he took that ticket because it was really his only play. If he thinks Indiana and Boston are tough.. wait until he faces the upper echelon of the West. No guarantee that the Lakers even make the playoffs (and if they do who's getting knocked out)? Still a lot of good teams. Memphis should rebound. Denver wants to get in badly. Minny will have a healthy Butler all year (possibly). OKC will be trying to get better.

Only 8 teams make it and there are going to be some sad faces when the playoffs role around.

Just hope the huge disparity in talent between the East and West doesn't signal some type of playoff format change.

Raptors only really need to worry about Boston who really are a tier ahead of them on paper. Philly isn't there yet. If they get Kawhi than I'd be worried, but if not than I wonder if they even get home court in the first round. Embiid's health is always going to be a concern. Detroit must be stoked too though. No way does Cleveland make the playoffs now.. and Detroit's the team that will most likely get in.

Comment

• This is true lol

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Wow I can't believe he went to LA. LeBronto no more. We're free!

Comment

• Damn my prediction Lebron is staying put in Cleveland didnt happen.

Magic did some awesone magic sale for LBJ to commit, crazy number and length of contract.

Free agents are flocking to play with Bron.

If they get Cousins and Kawhi, then Warriors could be trembling in fear or not Lol.

Comment

• If Masai trades Derozan and Lowry right now, he really doesn't give a fuck about optics
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The whole "hooray LeBron went west" thing is pathetic tbh. Cool and all, but the mission was never to be eastern conference champions
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          The whole "hooray LeBron went west" thing is pathetic tbh. Cool and all, but the mission was never to be eastern conference champions
                          yeah but hoping for more with this squad is not really realistic. I'm conflicted because rebuilding is still better choice but this would be a nice send off to this core.

Comment

• And Eastern Conference Championship is not guaranteed at all. Raps are still major underdogs but it's not as futile as before.
                            Last edited by MixxAOR; Mon Jul 2, 2018, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                              Stupid Lebron now that he is out of the east raptors are going to run back this s team so pissed

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X