Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

    I see you've come around on the Nets after doubting them welcome to the bandwagon
    To survive that schedule and make it in... that was impressive... I thought the Nets would get tired and having to play those teams with heavy legs they wouldnt be able to get it done. But they did. They have to have some swag from that accomplishment..The Hinkies.. they just don't look like a cohesive unit. Talented players.. for sure. All on the same page.. mmmmmm maybe not. Thats the opening. If the Nets get a split in Philly and then win the first one at home... the Hinkies might panic and resort to hero ball among 3 guys that all want the ball (Embiid, Butler and Simmons). If Philly rattles and Russell has a couple of games he puts up 30 plus this would be the upset special.

    Comment


    • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

      To survive that schedule and make it in... that was impressive... I thought the Nets would get tired and having to play those teams with heavy legs they wouldnt be able to get it done. But they did. They have to have some swag from that accomplishment..The Hinkies.. they just don't look like a cohesive unit. Talented players.. for sure. All on the same page.. mmmmmm maybe not. Thats the opening. If the Nets get a split in Philly and then win the first one at home... the Hinkies might panic and resort to hero ball among 3 guys that all want the ball (Embiid, Butler and Simmons). If Philly rattles and Russell has a couple of games he puts up 30 plus this would be the upset special.
      yep feel the same epically if Embiid injury is more then they are letting on. 6ers struggle with guard penetration and that can lead to open looks from 3. I wasn't quite ballsy enough to call the upset got Philly in 6. but if Nets take one of the first 2 they have a punchers chance

      Comment


      • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

        yep feel the same epically if Embiid injury is more then they are letting on. 6ers struggle with guard penetration and that can lead to open looks from 3. I wasn't quite ballsy enough to call the upset got Philly in 6. but if Nets take one of the first 2 they have a punchers chance
        One other thing is the Nets are one of those teams that went heavy on the zone this year, and I don't have any confidence in Philly being able to beat a zone. So long as the Nets can score and keep the game in the half court, rather than trading transition looks, they have a shot to make that one a long series, maybe even steal it if they get hot. A lot depends on Embiid though - him at full strength probably just tips the talent scale too far one way.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

        Comment


        • Might as well get in on the fun...

          Bucks in 5. Raps in 5. Nets in 7. Pacers in 7.
          Warriors in 4. Nuggets in 6. Thunder in 6. Rockets in 5.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

          Comment


          • Bucks in 4. Raps in 4. Nets in 6. Celtics in 5
            Warriors in 4. Spurs in 6. Thunder in 5. Rockets in 5

            Second Round: Raps/Nets: Raps in 5. Bucks/Celtics: Bucks in 7
            Warriors/Rockets: Rockets in 6. Thunder/Spurs: Thunder in 6

            Third Round: Raps/Bucks: Raps in 6
            Rockets/Thunder: Rockets in 5

            Final Round: Raps/Rockets: Raps in 6

            Comment


            • .... pessimists ....
              Raps run the table

              Comment


              • planetmars wrote: View Post
                Bucks in 4. Raps in 4. Nets in 6. Celtics in 5
                Warriors in 4. Spurs in 6. Thunder in 5. Rockets in 5

                Second Round: Raps/Nets: Raps in 5. Bucks/Celtics: Bucks in 7
                Warriors/Rockets: Rockets in 6. Thunder/Spurs: Thunder in 6

                Third Round: Raps/Bucks: Raps in 6
                Rockets/Thunder: Rockets in 5

                Final Round: Raps/Rockets: Raps in 6
                You got stones to make that call.... and we both may live to regret it......but I am on board with that one.
                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Apr 12th, 2019, 09:23 AM.

                Comment


                • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

                  You got stones to make that call.... and we both may live to regret it......but I am on board with that one.
                  Obviously the Warriors are talented. Their starting unit is comprised of super stars and All-NBA guys. But they have off court drama. KD has all but left already. Draymond doesn't like him. Klay wants a shiny new contract. Cousins is new but he's a vulnerability on defense and he needs the ball which takes it away from KD and Steph. Steph hurt his ankle (again). They also have been to the finals 4 years in a row. 5 is a tough task for anyone. Do they still care enough about it?

                  Houston is HUNGRY. They want to beat the Warriors real bad. They know how to beat them. Whether it's at Oracle or not.

                  Houston is not the same team as last year. Arguably worse as they don't have guys like Ariza or Mbah a Moute and defense might be their downfall. But I have the Rockets beating them this year. The caveat of course is that Paul has to be healthy. But there is a better of chance of that since they face each other in the 2nd round instead of the 3rd.


                  Comment


                  • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

                    You got stones to make that call.... and we both may live to regret it......but I am on board with that one.
                    Well, Houston had them last year until Paul got hurt. D'Antoni has the formula to beat GSW but they'll need to make shots. I'd still lean Warriors but I think this might be the last run for them....

                    Comment


                    • Bucks in 4
                      Raptors in 5
                      Sixers in 5
                      Celtics in 7
                      Warriors in 4
                      Nuggets in 6
                      Thunder in 7
                      Rockets in 6

                      Zero upsets. I tried to find one. If anything, even though I had it in 6, I could see the moxie of Pop and the Spurs beating the inexperienced and "greater than the sum of their parts" Nuggets

                      Edit: I guess 6 beating 3 in the West would be an upset. I just don't consider it one
                      Last edited by KeonClark; Fri Apr 12th, 2019, 11:39 AM.
                      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                      Comment


                      • Most likely upsets:
                        Pacers
                        Spurs

                        Comment


                        • Went back and looked at everybodys pre season picks for East and West playoff teams cause I'm bored

                          Almost everyone got 4 wrong. Most common errors were picking Miami, Washington, LA and Minnesota.

                          One guy got 5 wrong. The thread starter, Maury.

                          One guy got 3 wrong. The winners name? T "The Great One" Rex.
                          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                          Comment


                          • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Went back and looked at everybodys pre season picks for East and West playoff teams cause I'm bored

                            Almost everyone got 4 wrong. Most common errors were picking Miami, Washington, LA and Minnesota.

                            One guy got 5 wrong. The thread starter, Maury.

                            One guy got 3 wrong. The winners name? T "The Great One" Rex.
                            Oh, call out the thread starter, why don't we?



                            Last edited by Maury; Fri Apr 12th, 2019, 03:48 PM.

                            Comment


                            • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Went back and looked at everybodys pre season picks for East and West playoff teams cause I'm bored

                              Almost everyone got 4 wrong. Most common errors were picking Miami, Washington, LA and Minnesota.

                              One guy got 5 wrong. The thread starter, Maury.

                              One guy got 3 wrong. The winners name? T "The Great One" Rex.
                              I didn't really want to say anything, i'm a pretty humble guy as you all know. But I mean, what can I say? i'm never wrong.

                              When I say that the Raptors will sweep the Magic, that's exactly what's going to happen.

                              When I say that I can beat all these nerdy "NBA2K video game experts" I mean it. I don't play video games but all I need is 2 days to know how it works. That's how great I am.

                              Comment


                              • The Great One wrote: View Post

                                I didn't really want to say anything, i'm a pretty humble guy as you all know. But I mean, what can I say? i'm never wrong.

                                When I say that the Raptors will sweep the Magic, that's exactly what's going to happen.

                                When I say that I can beat all these nerdy "NBA2K video game experts" I mean it. I don't play video games but all I need is 2 days to know how it works. That's how great I am.
                                Sometimes your shtick is super annoying and lame, other times its amusing and I kind of like it. You add a little...something..around here I'll say that
                                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X