Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    Looks like it will be the Lakers, they are 3 games behind.
    MVP! MVP! MVP!

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Lebron has no one to blame but himself. He signed with that roster so he could make Space Jam.

How about the fact that Lebron/Klutch Sports have created a sideshow all season long that would put the Ball family to shame. The Lakers have barely been better with him in town, increased their WP% by a whopping 5% this year. Lebron will have been good for 4-6 added wins at this rate.
      I was scratching my head when they signed all of those knuckleheads of the NBA (Rondo, McGee, Beasley, Lance, etc...) and then it all made sense when the Anthony Davis heist attempt went down. You needed those small expiring 1-year contracts to be flexible enough to facilitate deals, whichever way was necessary. Makes you suspicious that Lebron/Rich Paul/Magic/Davis didn't hatch this whole plot in the off-season.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        To be fair, he's missed 18 games with injury and they were 6-12. With him, they're 23-19. Take his win % and keep him healthy all year and they're tied with the Clippers for 7th right now. Not great, but that team is bottom 5 without him
        If they had continued their pre-Lebron improvement trajectory, they'd be better off than they are now with him and the old man roster overhaul. They were improving by 9 wins per season each of the previous three years with good old fashioned improving through the draft, now they're effectively treading water this year.

Admittedly this could have been the ceiling of their overrated prospects anyway, I'm just generally amazed by Lebron the Player and pretty underwhelmed by Lebron the GM.

We'll see if they can haul in a FA but I'm not holding my breath, max guys don't seem drawn to joining Lebron at this stage.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          If they had continued their pre-Lebron improvement trajectory, they'd be better off than they are now with him and the old man roster overhaul. They were improving by 9 wins per season each of the previous three years with good old fashioned improving through the draft, now they're effectively treading water this year.

Admittedly this could have been the ceiling of their overrated prospects anyway, I'm just generally amazed by Lebron the Player and pretty underwhelmed by Lebron the GM.

We'll see if they can haul in a FA but I'm not holding my breath, max guys don't seem drawn to joining Lebron at this stage.
          You're on to something...Bronny and the kids have been holding up their end of the bargain...but the old guy offseason meme team Magic brought in is hurtin em

Comment

You're on to something...Bronny and the kids have been holding up their end of the bargain...but the old guy offseason meme team Magic brought in is hurtin em
            aka.... Anthony Davis trade filler + Rich Paul's commision (KCP). Bron's plan backfired on him.
            Last edited by golden; Tue Feb 26, 2019, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Well, yeah. Those offseason moves all seemed like some bizarro veteran tanking strategy.

Comment

• what happened to the celtics?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                  what happened to the celtics?
                  Their a middle of the pack playoff team. Just have been overhyped by the media. They have 1 superstar bilut he actually makes his supporting cast worse. Unlike giannis kawhi and embiid
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                    Their a middle of the pack playoff team. Just have been overhyped by the media. They have 1 superstar bilut he actually makes his supporting cast worse. Unlike giannis kawhi and embiid
                    They just lost again tonight (to Portland). Now if Philly skids too, there might be hope after all for the Pacers to hang on to 3rd...

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                      what happened to the celtics?
                      And so it begins.... from boy wonder and infallible coaching genius...

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Feb 28, 2019, 12:38 AM.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        And so it begins.... from boy wonder and infallible coaching genius...

"you either die a hero, or coach long enough to see yourself become an idiot"

Comment

• The ol' build'em up, knock'em down media bullshit. One thing I do kind of like about Stevens is that he's never really made himself out to be some sort of genius or portrayed himself that way. For instance, I remember years ago going to a Denver Broncos game and in the program there was like a 2-page spread devoted to the genius of Mike Shanahan... in his own words.

Comment

• Losing to Dallas probably sealed Indiana's fate. I don't see them keeping that 3rd seed. Their March schedule is brutal and they're losing to lottery bound teams.

Philly is 2.5 up on Boston without the tie breaker. Boston has a tougher schedule but they can also bounce back. Philly has the edge there. I don't really care which team makes it to be honest. Neither team can win in Toronto and we'll have home court. I guess if I had a choice I'd rather play Boston just because it would be fun beating them. But it would also be a blast beating Philly.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              The ol' build'em up, knock'em down media bullshit. One thing I do kind of like about Stevens is that he's never really made himself out to be some sort of genius or portrayed himself that way. For instance, I remember years ago going to a Denver Broncos game and in the program there was like a 2-page spread devoted to the genius of Mike Shanahan... in his own words.
                              The odds of Stephnes being let go are less than two thirds of three eighths of the square root of fuck all. As a college coach he never ever saw this. In college the coach holds all the cards. PLaying time, scholarship et al.... in the NBA.. the players hold the cards. Its a true learning experience for Brad.

This locker room split will be resolved in July when Irving either opts out and goes elsewhere or Ainge trades Brown and Tatum and Rozier for Davis.

Either way... Brad has a new team next year.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                The ol' build'em up, knock'em down media bullshit. One thing I do kind of like about Stevens is that he's never really made himself out to be some sort of genius or portrayed himself that way. For instance, I remember years ago going to a Denver Broncos game and in the program there was like a 2-page spread devoted to the genius of Mike Shanahan... in his own words.
                                I like to work for and with people who are gracious, humble, quietly confident. It's a trait I would seek in a coach if I'm a player. One of my least enjoyable traits in people is being overly smug or self indulgent. A lot of times I find that attitude to be overcompensating for actual lack of ability. With that said, I like Brad Stevens

Comment

Working...
                                X