No announcement yet.

Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel pretty sure that the Sixers have had an assistant coach working on how Embid can deal Gasol for the last four weeks. If Marc comes close to how he has been at guarding Embid for the last two seasons, the Sixers can't win. With Kawhi on Simmons, the weight falls on Embid's shoulders. Scheming for Gasol's defense is the shortest path to success for Philly.

The flip side of that is Nurse must be aware Philidelphia is going to do that, so schemes to counteract Embid passing or double screens or whatever.
    Can't wait for game one.

Comment

• Embid will get his over the course of the series. Simmons should be held to below his season averages, but I'm not sure who gets the assignment on Butler. I'm expecting him to have a good series....could really use OG here.

Comment

• found this

​​​​​​

Comment

• wasn't certain gasol still had it during the season.

watching him make vucevic look like a scrub was a welcome sight. Hope to see embiid throw a tantrum in frustration today.

I guess the raps have "a switch" now

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

This year, in 62 minutes matched up, Embiid was held to 10 points per 36 on 33% shooting, drawing 4 personal fouls per 36. In 15 minutes playing against the Grizz away from Gasol, he spiked to 28 points per 36 on 20% shooting, drawing 14 fouls per 36. Grizzlies got smashed when Gasol sat, lost narrowly with Gasol.

Last year, in 38 minutes matched up, Embiid was held to 14 points per 36 on 33% shooting, drawing 7 personal fouls per 36. In 14 minutes playing against the Grizz away from Gasol, he spiked to 37 points per 36 on 46% shooting, drawing 13 fouls per 36. Grizzlies got beat comfortably in both sets of minutes, they were bad.

Looks an awful lot like an Embiid stopper from a distance. Can't claim to have watched their matchups, so not sure, but the numbers sure point in one direction.
            Yep. Still looking that way.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Yep. Still looking that way.
              In the postgame the reporters were all asking all his teammates if Joel needs to be more aggressive and how uncharacteristic his performance was. And others chocking it up to Joel not looking right. Injury talk and all that.

Pretty characteristic actually given the individual matchup.

Comment

• Marc was 2 for 4 from 3 tonight.

Bold prediction.. if he shoots 50% or above from 3 for the series... we gon win.

(I'm optimistic we win regardless.)

His ability to pull Joel away from the basket is so valuable.

Comment

• Saw a good quote on reddit

"Watch the game, you won't see Marc Gasol. Watch Marc Gasol, you'll see the whole game"
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Saw a good quote on reddit

"Watch the game, you won't see Marc Gasol. Watch Marc Gasol, you'll see the whole game"
                    Priceless. A money quote.

Comment

Saw a good quote on reddit

You can kind of say the same thing about Kyle Lowry.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah, except Kyle Lowry is more noticeable. If you dont notice him quarterbacking possessions and his maniacal defense, that's on you as an uneducated viewer

Comment

• What I don't understand about Marc is: WHY is he scared to shoot? He's 45% from deep! 53% in last years playoffs! Kyles struggling, Marcs just outright refusing.

The stats say he's shooting 2.8 3s a game but it really really does not feel like it. You can't have 3 fucking glue guys in the starting lineup. Someone needs to become an alpha here like Kawhi and Pascal, and it ain't Danny Green.

Comment

What I don't understand about Marc is: WHY is he scared to shoot? He's 45% from deep! 53% in last years playoffs! Kyles struggling, Marcs just outright refusing.

The stats say he's shooting 2.8 3s a game but it really really does not feel like it. You can't have 3 fucking glue guys in the starting lineup. Someone needs to become an alpha here like Kawhi and Pascal, and it ain't Danny Green.
                            Kyle rubbing off on Gasol...

Comment

What I don't understand about Marc is: WHY is he scared to shoot? He's 45% from deep! 53% in last years playoffs! Kyles struggling, Marcs just outright refusing.

I don't think he's scared. He's just got that PG mentality (despite being 7 feet tall).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

lol. This post aged well and badly at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                                X