Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lin to the Raptors a good idea? Lin Raptors Plan B? (168)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo
    replied
    Prime wrote: View Post
    So what's your point?

I see John Wall or DWill turning the ball over just as frequently as he does but Lin still gets all the flak? Remember whose team is actually leading in wins right now.
    Not so. Wall and Williams are playing ten extra MPG. If you calculate Lin's TO/min and then multiply the rate by 36MPG(roughly what Wall & Williams play) you'll clearly see he turns the ball over an extra time per game. And that's not even considering the fact that both Wall and Williams outclass Lin in raw talent and athleticism.

Lin isn't qualified to hold D-Will's towel on the sidelines if you want to start comparing them.

Leave a comment:

• Prime
    replied
    joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Why not include his turnover numbers since Starting as well?
    Pretty sure it would put him #1 in that Cat as well.
    So what's your point?

I see John Wall or DWill turning the ball over just as frequently as he does but Lin still gets all the flak? Remember whose team is actually leading in wins right now.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    don't let the tiawanese hear you say lin is chinese either. and anyway race doesn't matter, if you can play ball you can play ball. basketball skill does. with respects to lin he brought success to a city that desperately needed it. his organization accepted that success and then went right back to losing. i will be very surprised if the knicks make the playoffs. i will also be very disappointed if they do.

a very good coach saw a way to improve this team and a stubborn owner who has shown to be bullheaded and more rich then smart didnt listen to him. they should have traded melo and went pick and roll with amare and lin/williams.

i don't think any team will take lin until he is either useless bench fodder in new york or shows he is what he looked like. his market value is fucked right now.

Leave a comment:

• charlz
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    It's a gigantic mistake. He doesn't protect the ball, he's not that fast and he has no proven track record. Are Raptors fans going to enjoy 5 or 6 turnovers per game? Are they going to enjoy watching a fast break PG try and break guys down in a half court setting? ... Jose Calderon is a better defender. The recipe to me tastes like crap.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I don't want him. We already have Bayless, plus Bayless is a better defender.
    True. You put bayless in the same shoes as Lin a couple of weeks back and he'd be baysanity(lame I know)

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Lin was overrated and linsanity is dead n gone. Notice how when d'antoni leaves the Knicks win by 40 and Lin played like crap. D'antoni didn't know how to handle multiple stars and especially a guy like melo

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Prime wrote: View Post
    His numbers before he began playing major minutes are moot. He's been averaging 20 and 8 since he began starting. That would place him in the top 5 for assists and top 15 for points.
    He's one of the best defenders on the Knicks.
    Take a look at this:

and this:

http://youtu.be/qlkYuCcY-qk?t=3m49s

Is it Lin's fault that Melo still isn't passing the ball or that STAT is 3 steps slower this year?
    Why not include his turnover numbers since Starting as well?
    Pretty sure it would put him #1 in that Cat as well.

Jeremy Lin in Toronto is a TERRIBLE idea.

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Running the Pick 'n' Roll is something Lin actually does quite well.
    Unfortunately, giving the ball away to the other team is also something he does quite well.

If people can't stand watching Bayless put up 11 shots in a night, while shooting over 50% from the field, they will DIE when they watch Lin jack up 18 shots a night and hit 35% of them.
    Last edited by Joey; Thu Mar 15, 2012, 02:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Prime
    replied
    Fanchie wrote: View Post
    That is not inappropriate : bottom line is Lin is the starting PG of a sub .500 team, averaging 14.7 pts and 6.3 assists and not ranked any higher than #24 in any individual stat category. If you take this into account, you can claim that he's a younger but less versatile version of Rodney Stuckey (I'm not comparing game style, I'm comparing talent).
    His numbers before he began playing major minutes are moot. He's been averaging 20 and 8 since he began starting. That would place him in the top 5 for assists and top 15 for points.
    minks77 wrote: View Post
    Lin is a backup, not a starter. Can't run a pick n roll, streaky shooter, terrible defender, crazy TOs and you have to wonder about his success being a product of the "system" and he's terrible under pressure

On the plus side he can get in the paint all day and is pretty crafty.

Someone is going to crazy overpay for him and I pray it's not BCo
    He's one of the best defenders on the Knicks.
    Take a look at this:

and this:

http://youtu.be/qlkYuCcY-qk?t=3m49s

Is it Lin's fault that Melo still isn't passing the ball or that STAT is 3 steps slower this year?

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    I don't want him. We already have Bayless, plus Bayless is a better defender.

Leave a comment:

• minks77
    replied
    I'll admit to only watching a few of the early games but there was a lot of missed plays then, especially when Amare came back and he wasn't able to get anything against the Heat. From what I've seen if he doesn't turn the corner he doesn't do much.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    minks77 wrote: View Post
    Lin is a backup, not a starter. Can't run a pick n roll, streaky shooter, terrible defender, crazy TOs and you have to wonder about his success being a product of the "system" and he's terrible under pressure

Running the Pick 'n' Roll is something Lin actually does quite well.

Leave a comment:

• minks77
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fanchie
    replied
    I agree with everything you say. I'm just saying that among 30 franchises, one will be weak and do this. Probably a losing one though. And I'm sure no one in the Knicks org saw that Lin frenzy coming. But as a marketing exec, I can tell you that there must have been a lot of high fiving in their offices when they realized what kind of gold nugget they had been about to put in the trash.

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Frankly, as a fans we shouldn't want the team we cheer for to have priorities set to milking gimmicks instead of winning games. Further, if the MLSE board demanded Colangelo sign Lin that's the minute I boycott the team. That's the very same crap which led to the team stinking for most of the last decade and it's the very same crap they promised not to get involved in again. Number crunchers count money, basketball minds make basketball decisions. Deviate and you're headed for major troubles.
    Again, I agree. I would also boycott. And I don't see us doing this. I'm just saying that some franchise might : remember the exposure that drafting Carter brought us... Some small markets know they won't have National TV broadcasting, so they would kill for Intl exposure. But you need a fan fav first.

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    I wouldnt be opposed to Lin being in a Raptos uniform.
    His turnovers come with the territory. His style is very aggressive. Even Nash and Rondo have 7 or 8 turnover games.

And the fact that he's humble is a plus. A player's personality always translates to his on-court habits.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I'm not underestimating anything, I'm telling you a GM's mandate is to put the best product on the floor possible. GM's rarely get fired while they're winning lots of games. The majority of the time GM's get fired for losing games. Why? Because their job is to win games, to improve the team and eventually win a title. It is the marketing department's job to figure out ways to sell more merchandise. Lin wasn't signed by the Knicks to sell sneakers and jerseys. He was signed on a flier, was almost cut and or traded multiple times and by chance before either could happen they were forced by default to play him. I think you're crossing wires here and reading too deeply into how the Knicks have handled Jeremy Lin.

Fanchie wrote: View Post
    GM might not care, but owners do. At some point, when you can become the #1 franchise in China's heart, selling tons of jerseys, by slightly overpaying a guard, you tell your GM to do it. At the end of the day, it is a business.
    Frankly, as a fans we shouldn't want the team we cheer for to have priorities set to milking gimmicks instead of winning games. Further, if the MLSE board demanded Colangelo sign Lin that's the minute I boycott the team. That's the very same crap which led to the team stinking for most of the last decade and it's the very same crap they promised not to get involved in again. Number crunchers count money, basketball minds make basketball decisions. Deviate and you're headed for major troubles.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X