Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    Except he isn't even remotely as quick/fast as Giannis, completely lacks his confidence and can't pass like him. It's an equally bad comparison.

On the other hand while Giannis isn't Durant because he doesn't have the same style of play he's actually VERY comparible to Lebron statistically at the same age. Scary thing is he's even taller n longer and just a single year older than Bruno and younger than Norm and Delon to keep it in perspective. I'm just praying that this series isn't the beginning of his breakthrough.
    It was a chronological and not a stylistic comparison.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• This is by far Bruno best game in the minors. Not only he is shooting the 3 with confidence, he actually pushed aside a defender in the paint fighting for a ball to grab a rebound and slam with an authority. The more confident he gets the better his chances are to make an impact in the NBA.

Comment

• Blake wrote this on the main page tonight:

"Bruno Caboclo was excellent in this one. Not only was this one of Caboclo’s finest offensive performances of the season – he scored 16 points on 6-of-13 shooting and hit 4-of-8 on threes – he also continued to show why those who have tuned in this season have come away excited about his defensive potential. His growth as a team and man defender is obvious, and it was paramount as the 905 sustained Maine’s push in the fourth. This was really encouraging to see after Caboclo was mostly a non-factor on offense over his first few playoff appearances.
        I asked Stackhouse about Caboclo’s progress after the game, and seriously, I wish my dad talked about me like that."

Comment

• Say what you will but the guy is still a giant for his "position". There's nary I'm moment he's on the court I'm not thinking, this guy is a freak.

Comment

• He should not be the 15th man next season. I say 13th.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
              He should not be the 15th man next season. I say 13th.
              4th year incoming so he should be available for extension this autumn. I'm not convinced we should throw guaranteed money on him (even if that would be the same scraps he received as rookie) just to keep him motivated and still have him secured as RFA, one more year to evaluate his progress won't hurt either.

Comment

• Majesiu wrote: View Post
                4th year incoming so he should be available for extension this autumn. I'm not convinced we should throw guaranteed money on him (even if that would be the same scraps he received as rookie) just to keep him motivated and still have him secured as RFA, one more year to evaluate his progress won't hurt either.
                Depends what the Raps plan to do with him next year. If they are hoping he'll be a part of the rotation, even as a 15 MPG backup forward, there's a chance he impresses enough at the big league level to get decent offers from some team that wants to take a swing at a young player with potential. In that case, a cheap extension this summer may be the way to go. If they are going to bury him in the D-League for another year, then they can probably get him pretty cheap in the summer as an RFA (though there is a risk he takes the $3.5M QO if the long term offer is too low).
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  Say what you will but the guy is still a giant for his "position". There's nary a moment he's on when I'm not thinking, this guy is a freak.
                  "That's what she said."

-- Michael Scott
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I think it's best to sign to a 2 year with a player option this year if he goes for a extension. This gives him 5 years here, with the full on ability to showcase his skills as a true NBA player.

He should be in the rotation next year, given what he has shown at the D-league level & his ability on defense looks to be getting better. With his length & natural ability, Bruno could very well be a solid defensive option & may make Tucker or Carroll expendable (Who knows, maybe we find a team that will take Carroll's deal for a vet & a 2nd rounder.). Bruno also has shown that he's a natural shooter, albeit he's a little too trigger happy at times. But that willingness to shoot is a good thing if he can be used as a pick and pop / catch shooter. I never see him being a incredible rebounder even with his length, but I do feel he could be taught to be a willing passer & used as a 2nd or 3rd playmaker along with being a pretty solid shot blocker.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• The guy just needs more and more reps. I'm not convinced watching on the sidelines as our 15 man would help Bruno's development. Just keep giving him floor time with the 905 for another year, and we'll see what we have at the end of year 4.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        "That's what she said."

-- Michael Scott
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          I think it's best to sign to a 2 year with a player option this year if he goes for a extension. This gives him 5 years here, with the full on ability to showcase his skills as a true NBA player.

He should be in the rotation next year, given what he has shown at the D-league level & his ability on defense looks to be getting better. With his length & natural ability, Bruno could very well be a solid defensive option & may make Tucker or Carroll expendable (Who knows, maybe we find a team that will take Carroll's deal for a vet & a 2nd rounder.). Bruno also has shown that he's a natural shooter, albeit he's a little too trigger happy at times. But that willingness to shoot is a good thing if he can be used as a pick and pop / catch shooter. I never see him being a incredible rebounder even with his length, but I do feel he could be taught to be a willing passer & used as a 2nd or 3rd playmaker along with being a pretty solid shot blocker.
                          Hell no can Bruno make Tucker expendable. Carroll though, yes he can. Bruno already plays better defense. He has length and he knows how to use it.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            Hell no can Bruno make Tucker expendable. Carroll though, yes he can. Bruno already plays better defense. He has length and he knows how to use it.
                            I'm pretty sure good ol' Number 7 here could make Carroll expendable.

"He's spinning the ball on his finger! Just take it!"

Comment

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D8H6TXRUDgk

Bruno post gm interview.

Comment

• Dayum, aint no time like the present!

Comment

Working...
                                X