No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see a lot of parallels between Bruno and Nic Batum.. similar body type and wingspan & silky smooth long distance shot

As a 19 yr old rookie Batum was given the starting role and averaged 18 min of burn for a good blazers team

Comment

• Yeah, but Batum had been playing overseas. Played against a lot better competition than Bruno has so far.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• The_Warlord wrote: View Post
        I see a lot of parallels between Bruno and Nic Batum.. similar body type and wingspan & silky smooth long distance shot

As a 19 yr old rookie Batum was given the starting role and averaged 18 min of burn for a good blazers team
        Yeah there similar but Batum was a lot better at handling the ball than Bruno
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Bruno is almost a year younger than batum in his rookie year.

I think bruno is going to be fantastic. Only question is his Bball IQ as he develops.

Comment

• You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo who dominated the under 19 league in Brazil, 30+ minutes, 20+ points, 10+ rebounds, 5+ blocked shots per game.

You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo who scored 39 pts, 20 rebounds, 9 blocks in a final game for the Brazilian under 19 Championship game.

You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo that was playing ahead of his time. When I earned a spot in the Senior team (Pro) due to injuries at the starting 3 position, I got some playing time in the big league and kicked butt. I had barely turned 18 at that time.

You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo who contributed to the Senior team that eventually became Champion of the Americas and Co-Champions of the FIBA World Cup.

You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo who got a late call from the Brazilian National Team to be in the roster to defend Brazil on the FIBA World Cup in Spain but opted to decline it to be in a full-time training program with the Raptors during the whole summer.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bruno...-round-2014-10
            Only thing better than a just turned 19 year old physical freak with immense potential and a work ethic to reach it is a just turned 19 year old physical freak with immense potential and a work ethic to reach it who feels disrespected.

#Bruno2016

Comment

• Why does he feel disrespected?
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Why does he feel disrespected?

When the Toronto Raptors picked Bruno Caboclo with the 20th pick of the 2014 NBA Draft, ESPN's Fran Fraschilla coined one of the great draft night phrases of all time, saying the 19-year-old Brazilian was, "two years away from being two years away."

In an era of exhaustive draft coverage — where middle schoolers are ranked as prospects and Croatian teenagers are hyped for years — Caboclo was a true unknown. He wasn't in any mock drafts. He didn't go to the NBA Combine. His only YouTube highlights were grainy clips against hilariously overmatched high school kids.

After the Raptors picked him, the reaction from fans and media was a hearty LOL:

That about sums it up.

Comment

Why does he feel disrespected?
                  Who cares, it'll just make him hungrier.

Comment

• His a poor Brazilian kid that just became a millionaire. Really hope they keeping a close eye on him
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

His a poor Brazilian kid that just became a millionaire. Really hope they keeping a close eye on him
                      I'm sure they're doing all they can to look out for him, and try to help him with the totally different life he just started....but in the end, it's his life and his responsibility. So hopefully he's as good a kid as he seems.

Comment

His a poor Brazilian kid that just became a millionaire. Really hope they keeping a close eye on him
                        On that note

Comment

• Fun fact: Bruno is the first NBA player to be younger than me!

Comment

• The general NBA world needs to fall in love with Bruno like they have with Giannis. They're so similar; foreign and mysterious, only played in very low competition before this year, stupidly long, cool names, raw. Heck even things like great smile and just seeming genuine.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                              Fun fact: Bruno is the first NBA player to be younger than me!
                              Same here! So I guess we can agree that because of this fact all future success of the kid can be directed straightly to us, right?

Comment

• mike, prague wrote: View Post
                                Same here! So I guess we can agree that because of this fact all future success of the kid can be directed straightly to us, right?
                                You guys need to stop making me feel old. >_<
                                OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X