#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
    Problem with AST% is that it literally is the percentage of assists you got compared to the team total. If you're not getting the ball, then you basically can't have a good AST%. It basically depends on your usage.
    But Jonas's usage rate is 19.7% which while not huge is not nothing.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
      You think James Johnson could take DJ Augustin?

I have my doubts he has that kind of quickness.

I agree it might have been worth trying (Simply because everyone else was horrible) but your talking about a tweener forward on a tiny and super fast point guard.
      He is quicker and taller than GV. It isn't about stopping but preventing penetration. Once DJ gets past GV the entire defense collapse trying to prevent a layup. JJ just needs to back up and then close out on jumpers. Every team puts vthe best one on one defender on the ballhandler. Against Detroit they could have used Demar or Lowry. The wings aren't scorers.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        He is quicker and taller than GV. It isn't about stopping but preventing penetration. Once DJ gets past GV the entire defense collapse trying to prevent a layup. JJ just needs to back up and then close out on jumpers. Every team puts vthe best one on one defender on the ballhandler. Against Detroit they could have used Demar or Lowry. The wings aren't scorers.

We tried using Lowry. Lowry was really bad on defense in this game. Like thats part of the point, we had too many sub par defenders on the perimeter in this one.

When Lowry isn't playing well defensively, you have 3 guys playing like 90 combined minutes, playing poor defense (Lou, Greivis and Lowry) who are also the smallest defenders on the team.

Lowry will be better hopefully but he got eaten in this game by Augustin as well as Meeks

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Why have JJ if it isn't to prevent DJ Augustine to set career highs..
          Thought it was more to neutralize guys like Melo and Joe Johnson who torched us last year.

No way Masai signed JJ to guard quick PG's, cause it makes no sense.

That said, I'm baffled and pissed off by JJ being a bench warmer lately.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
            But Jonas's usage rate is 19.7% which while not huge is not nothing.
            2 other C's also have a 2.6 AST%, Mozgov and DeAndre. Their USG's are 15.5 and 12.0..

Jonas has higher USG% than Ross, both Johnsons, PPat with the lowest being Hansbrough at 10.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              2 other C's also have a 2.6 AST%, Mozgov and DeAndre. Their USG's are 15.5 and 12.0..

Jonas has higher USG% than Ross, both Johnsons, PPat with the lowest being Hansbrough at 10.
              Jonas is also expected to score on much of his touches. They do not even run any motion much of the time. Guys just stand and watch. And sometimes they shift everyone over to the other side of the floor, giving him no easy pass as an outlet.

I don't think Jonas will ever be an amazing passer, but when there are actually passing opportunities for him, he's shown the ability to hit guys with solid passes. Again, they just don't organize the offence to create many passing options for him.

Comment

OK, but Lowry's also the only one aside from 2Pat (whose had the slightest of increases) whose AST% has gone up. Everyone else's has declined. On top of that Lowry is the same APG-wise, which suggests he's the ONLY one actually passing, which would explain why his AST% has shot upwards.

Comment

Thought it was more to neutralize guys like Melo and Joe Johnson who torched us last year.

What I don't get is how does Hansbrough keep getting decent minutes?

I would have preferred that JJ gets more minutes at PF, Amir more at C, and Hansbrough less in general. Rather than just flat out benching JJ.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

I would have preferred that JJ gets more minutes at PF, Amir more at C, and Hansbrough less in general. Rather than just flat out benching JJ.
                    i think they want to drop him for anything that doesn't cost money at the deadline. it also lets jj get some pf minutes

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Someone posted Raptor 2 man combo +/- numbers a few days ago, Hansbrough had some of the best numbers on the team.

Casey seems to be using him properly and he has a positive impact on the floor.

He does look terrible to the eyes on offence though.

Does anyone know how to get those numbers? I couldn't figure it out when I tried later on bbref.

Comment

SF defend primary scorers. It could be a pg or a sf. Kawhi is used on the most dangerous non-big. It saves scorers to play offense. It should be Ross but since he wasn't used it could be JJ. Basically anybody but GV.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                          OK, but Lowry's also the only one aside from 2Pat (whose had the slightest of increases) whose AST% has gone up. Everyone else's has declined. On top of that Lowry is the same APG-wise, which suggests he's the ONLY one actually passing, which would explain why his AST% has shot upwards.
                          Whether or not team mates get assists doesn't affect your assists. But yeah, Lou is way down from previous years and Vasquez is down almost to his rookie year level.

Comment

Someone posted Raptor 2 man combo +/- numbers a few days ago, Hansbrough had some of the best numbers on the team.

Does anyone know how to get those numbers? I couldn't figure it out when I tried later on bbref.
                            The number were from limited minute. TH was injured and missed a couple of games then was a healthy scratch for a few when Hayes took his minutes.

Comment

Whether or not team mates get assists doesn't affect your assists. But yeah, Lou is way down from previous years and Vasquez is down almost to his rookie year level.
                              Basically AST% = Player's total number of assists/Total number of assists by team while player is on floor

Which basically means if you're the only one passing, then the team's total assists isn't going to be much more than the number of assists you put up, so you'll have a high AST%. Granted, this isn't EXACTLY how AST% is calculated but it's very close.

Comment

Don't know how much I buy into 2-man combo numbers anyway.

It doesn't take numbers to see Hansbrough has limitations, both physically and skill-wise, which make him a guy you want to avoid playing at C if possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X