#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jangles wrote: View Post
    Whats the least amount of games, from the start of a season, that a HC has been fired after?
    I'm absolutely hoping that, whatever the number is, the Raptors and Casey shatter that record this season.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
      I'm absolutely hoping that, whatever the number is, the Raptors and Casey shatter that record this season.
      Haha, I'm with you there

Comment

• Ooops. I started a new thread on this.

My guess was Casey has been trying to both head coach and coach the defense, and Masai then drew him aside and said 'hey, if you want to stay on, give up the defense role to someone else and just head coach'.

Comment

• Kuh wrote: View Post
          Ooops. I started a new thread on this.

My guess was Casey has been trying to both head coach and coach the defense, and Masai then drew him aside and said 'hey, if you want to stay on, give up the defense role to someone else and just head coach'.
          If thats the case, #FireMasai

Comment

• Dino4life wrote: View Post
            from Yahoo sports.

I mean WTF, you admit the offense was shit, you admit the young players didn't develop, and your first move is to try to hire a defensive coordinator which is suppose to be Casey's saving grace !?!?!? Why the hell did you keep him ?
            I have so little patience for Masai right now, he basically tied his fate to casey's in my eyes.
            Nick Nurse needs a defensive guy on staff for when Nurse takes over as head coach. The only thought that is keeping me sane.

Comment

Whats the least amount of games, from the start of a season, that a HC has been fired after?
              Mike Brown was fire after 5 games with the Lakers a couple of seasons ago, that has to be close.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                Mike Brown was fire after 5 games with the Lakers a couple of seasons ago, that has to be close.
                Yes, you must be right on that. He was done in a week. Sam Mitchell got fired after 15 or 16 games. That's got to be #2.

I think Tarkanian still owns the record for least amount of games coached in total before being canned, though. I believe he got hired in the summer by the Spurs and fired before Christmas (or even earlier) if I recall correctly. Mo Cheeks in Detroit has to be close cause he didn't last very long (40-50 games). And there was the guy Jordan fired in Washington to hire Darryl Walker who I don't think made 50 games.

Comment

Wasn't Mike Brown fired by Lakers 4 games into the season about 3 years ago?

Comment

If thats the case, #FireMasai
                    Time to start this thread?

Comment

I think it was Byron Scott after 9 games.
                      Last edited by peanutwoozle; Tue Jun 2, 2015, 03:51 PM. Reason: Mistake

Comment

• I don't know if it's just me, but I have this blind hope for Casey next season for some reason.

I was pissed when he wasn't fired, but I'm keeping myself sane by the fact that he was fully aware that the ISO offense didn't work too well, and that defensively we didn't do well, and Masai said he needs to discuss with Casey about JV's usage so maybe, just maybe he fixes these issues next season. He's owned up to almost every mistake.

Obviously depends on the roster but I think we go into next year back to the Horns system we used extensively last year with more touches/minutes for JV. Only thing that worries me is that the one mistake that Casey didn't own up to is the fact that our defensive system doesn't suit our personnel. So here's hoping that's the reason Masai is pursuing a defensive lead assistant.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                          I don't know if it's just me, but I have this blind hope for Casey next season for some reason.

I was pissed when he wasn't fired, but I'm keeping myself sane by the fact that he was fully aware that the ISO offense didn't work too well, and that defensively we didn't do well, and Masai said he needs to discuss with Casey about JV's usage so maybe, just maybe he fixes these issues next season. He's owned up to almost every mistake.

Obviously depends on the roster but I think we go into next year back to the Horns system we used extensively last year with more touches/minutes for JV. Only thing that worries me is that the one mistake that Casey didn't own up to is the fact that our defensive system doesn't suit our personnel. So here's hoping that's the reason Masai is pursuing a defensive lead assistant.
                          And the wheel spins around again.

Has anyone ever told you the definition of insanity? haha

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                            And the wheel spins around again.

Has anyone ever told you the definition of insanity? haha
                            I know I know it's Stockholm syndrome but I can't help but be optimistic. I love the raptors too much not to get excited.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                              I don't know if it's just me, but I have this blind hope for Casey next season for some reason.

Don't do this to yourself Bonas Jonas, because you will be disappointed.
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                Don't do this to yourself Bonas Jonas, because you will be disappointed.
                                I can't help myself and it'll bite me in the ass when Masai makes incremental upgrades and we finish 44-38 next year

Comment

Working...
                                X