#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
    I like Henson too but his situation is not dissimilar to TR re getting big money for a reserve.

When give a larger role what will happen?
    His situation is dissimilar to Ross in that Henson has posted excellent stats every year of his career. He has measurably improved every year, and he's an elite defender. Ross has never posted excellent stats, and has been regressing each season since 2013-14, which wasn't even a good season to begin with. Basically, Henson is objectively good and Ross isn't, and that's a huge difference.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Not bad, Prime, but still I don't see the Bucks doing that. Very unlikely that Bucks will part with Henson though, as he's their best interior defensive player and he's signed to a nice long-term contract. Even though Greg Monroe is putting up great numbers, like he always does, something it seems like he effed up their team chemistry - could see him being moved down the road. Mayo comes from the USC Kobe-lite school of guards, like DD and Nick Young. Casey would absolutely love Mayo, though, and it seems like he's fallen on hard times cracking an NBA rotation.

But again, if DD walks after his contract expires, then what do the Bucks have to show for it? Your lose Henson, a young mobile rim-protecting big-man on a value contract for 5 months of rent-a-Derozan? The Bucks made the playoffs last season, so that's probably not a big deal just getting there with DD. And who comes out of the Bucks starting lineup (Giannis, Middleton or Jabari) to accomodate DD?
      Any DD trade would have to involve DD committing to resign with that team. Let's just get that out of the way. If DD doesn't want to resign with the team we trade him to, that team won't make the trade, it's a non-starter. For example, the Love to Cleveland deal never happens unless Love commits to resigning with Cleveland before the trade, which he did. We're not going to get any value for 5 months of DD, as you pointed out, but I thought that was obvious, my bad.

Now, in the hypothetical world where DD says he would resign in Milwaukee if traded there (not a ridiculous proposition considering all of their elite young talent and very good player friendly coach), I think the trade makes sense for Milwaukee. They would move Middleton to the 6th man role, which is great for him as he can play both SG and SF effectively, so he'd still get his 30+ minutes per game. The 6th man role is currently occupied by a combination of Bayless and Mayo, both of whom's contracts are up after this season. Having DD start at SG and letting Middleton get all the Bayless and Mayo minutes improves the team's bench considerably. Middleton has been struggling big time in the starters role this year, he's basically tied for most FGA per game on the team and his FG% has plummeted to .369. He's just not good at creating for himself, but he remains very good at hitting 3's. He's much more suited for a complimentary role than the scoring role he's been forced into. Enter DD, who is very comfortable carrying the scoring load, and would take attention off Monroe and Giannis by becoming the lead scorer. Derozan also gets to the line more than twice as much as the top FTA player on Milwaukee right now (Giannis), so he adds that very useful element that they're missing. Giannis could hide any defensive inefficiencies of Derozan. I think the trade makes a lot of sense for both sides.

Once again though, this is all assuming DD would agree to resign with Milwaukee if traded there.

Comment

• I dunno, the Bucks have tailed off since trading Knight for MCW because they can't spread the floor properly anymore. DD would make that problem even worse. Can't think of a single team in the league starting a PG/SG combo that can't shoot threes.

Lowry, on the other hand, would make the Bucks a lot more dangerous than DD would. Not that I'm advocating trading Lowry, but some here are.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          Once again though, this is all assuming DD would agree to resign with Milwaukee if traded there.
          I don't think Milwaukee is as dumb as Cleveland to sign someone to a big contract and have him come off the bench. Even in that case, a trio of MCW, DeMar, and Giannis (especially with Monroe sitting in the paint) would be atrocious.. for basketball reasons.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            I dunno, the Bucks have tailed off since trading Knight for MCW because they can't spread the floor properly anymore. DD would make that problem even worse. Can't think of a single team in the league starting a PG/SG combo that can't shoot threes.

Lowry, on the other hand, would make the Bucks a lot more dangerous than DD would. Not that I'm advocating trading Lowry, but some here are.
            I'd argue it's because MCW can't create his own shot and Knight can. Also, Knight is just way better than MCW. It's not a floor spacing issue, it's a talent downgrade issue.

You guys are also glossing over the fact we'd be sending them a 20+ PPG former all star for a 19 MPG bench big man. If Derozan resigns it looks like we get the short end of this trade, which trumps the floor spacing issues, at least in my mind.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
              I don't think Milwaukee is as dumb as Cleveland to sign someone to a big contract and have him come off the bench. Even in that case, a trio of MCW, DeMar, and Giannis (especially with Monroe sitting in the paint) would be atrocious.. for basketball reasons.
              Not off the bench, move Middleton to the bench and start Derozan (as I pointed out above, Middleton has been shooting horribly in his starters role). Both MCW and Giannis are shooting .333 from 3pt this season, which could go up if Derozan is getting them open looks and commanding double teams.

Comment

Not off the bench, move Middleton to the bench and start Derozan (as I pointed out above, Middleton has been shooting horribly in his starters role). Both MCW and Giannis are shooting .333 from 3pt this season, which could go up if Derozan is getting them open looks and commanding double teams.
                Middleton just signed a 70 million dollar contract. I just don't see it

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  One thing that doesn't get mentioned too much about DC coached teams is how poorly they seem to be prepared for a game
                  So true. For so much in life and sports preparation is the key to success. In order to put yourself in a position to do well you need to prepare.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                    Middleton just signed a 70 million dollar contract. I just don't see it
                    $13M per year under the new cap is 6th man money. Not to mention 3 of their starters are on rookie deals, so they can afford to pay extra for their 6th man.

Comment

Quickly without thinking too much. DD to Milwaukee for Henson and Mayo. Henson could be our PF of the future. Excellent defender and rebounder with an efficient game close to the basket, and way under utilized in Milwaukee due to Parker. Mayo makes the salary work and Derozan is a much better replacement for him. Something along those lines. Randle is not a player I want at all.
                      I was thinking about the possibility 9f prying middleton away.

Bucks are misusing him and his results have been brutal.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Gonna mention his name here:

Jon Leuer of the Suns?
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• To replace Casey, as a player-coach?

Sure. I'm down.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• The more I see of Jordan Clarkson, the more I think he could be our starting SG. The Lakers are doing a nice job bringing him along slowly. Would love to see how he produces with a larger role on offence

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              To replace Casey, as a player-coach?

Sure. I'm down.
                              Meant trading for the guy. The more I watch his game, the more I love him. He still be underutilized by teams he gets picked up by. (He's also added a 3 to his game, which has been deadly).
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Far too many trade proposals being posted in the incorrect threads. Post in the No Mans Land thread at least.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X