Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris wrote: View Post

if fred goes to orlando i would think it's to provide veteran leadership to a young up and coming group, not to become a star player for them or something. i don't imagine that's what orlando is looking for. they have paolo and franz and will be looking for those guys to expand their games. i would expect if fred went there his usage would be about the same as it was here, maybe even a little less.

that said i could see it being an appealing option for him for several reasons you stated, including playing on an ascending team, the nice weather and no state taxes, less pressure situation, etc.
    We let Fred shoot as much as he wants as well. Was noting he won't have to change if he goes to Orlando. That wouldn't be the case if he went to LAC or Phoenix.

As far as star player goes, Fred was an all star, no one on Orlando has ever been an all star. They ARE desperate for a star player. Orlando is paying him to replicate his All Star season.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

If I'm Fred I choose the Magic over Raptors if pay is equal.

They will let him shoot at much as he wants. He has good young big men to play with. Competent backup guards so he doesn't need to play 40 mpg. A fan base that will be ecstatic just to make the play in. The weather, golf, beaches, no state tax, and a team desperate for a star he probably gets lots of local sponsorships.
      You're basically talking about every free agent if the choice was between Orlando and Toronto, aren't you.

Comment

We let Fred shoot as much as he wants as well. Was noting he won't have to change if he goes to Orlando. That wouldn't be the case if he went to LAC or Phoenix.

As far as star player goes, Fred was an all star, no one on Orlando has ever been an all star. They ARE desperate for a star player. Orlando is paying him to replicate his All Star season.
        c'mon man this is one of your sillier takes. i think they might envision their near-unanimous ROY who got to the line at historic rates for a rookie as that star player. i don't think they are that desperate for a star, i think they believe the already have two potential stars on their roster and probably don't want someone to come in and take shots away from them. i think they probably give their fans a little more credit than you are giving them

that doesn't mean i don't think they want him. i think he's a great fit there and totally understand why they're apparently interested. just think they would see him as a third option who can provide veteran leadership

Comment

• FredVanBrick with Shams...Lol..
          Gotta get that paper, get in front of that camera, show them your Top 50...hehehe..
          This guy should run for President..his so good, smooth...a lot of suckers out there...Orlando b one of them, plz...
          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Comment

• Fred already said that he won the chip and now it was time to cash in. the man is not looking at contending teams
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Would you consider a sign and trade with the Grizz for Brooks with VanVleet going their way?

Darko as our new coach already have some established relationship with Dillon

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Would you consider a sign and trade with the Grizz for Brooks with VanVleet going their way?

Darko as our new coach already have some established relationship with Dillon
                  If you are selling on guys like Pascal or Fred, it's not to bring back a guy like Brooks. It's to get draft assets or prospects.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

If you are selling on guys like Pascal or Fred, it's not to bring back a guy like Brooks. It's to get draft assets or prospects.
                    Are you thr burner account of Primer? that question was specifically for him LOL.

But reading a post from you about the “possibility” (in quotation marks) of getting rid of VanVleet, at the very minimum gives me an overwhelming satisfaction considering how you defended the indefensible all season LOL.

i will take it

Comment

• Blake hinting at FVV to Philly

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Blake hinting at FVV to Philly
                        Fred seems like he is a goner. Apparently some lower tier teams like the Magic have money to throw at him and if Harden leaves Philly, Fred isn't a bad option to put beside Embiid.

2 small guards in Maxey and Fred could be an issue, but they're basically opposites as players which could work.

Comment

Blake hinting at FVV to Philly
                          Well yeah, firing Nurse wasn't to FVV liking either. Now you bring a new coach who will probably want the ball in Scottie's hand more then his and he either has to adapt or go to Philly where he feels he knows better how he will be used.

At the end of the day, whoever is willing to pay Fred more money, that's where Fred will go with.

Comment

• Don't know much about him but he has NBA experience so I'm happy.

Comment

• if there's S&T with Philly get this guy in a package

Comment

if there's S&T with Philly get this guy in a package

he is basically 905 level... the problem is between the ears not the talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X