Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

The rumor is Houston at $40M or Toronto at $30M. That's huge advantage Houston because we will not match that.
    I want u go take a look at Texas Tax bracket compare 2 Ontario, Canada bracket, so..Houston has no tax so ever if anything, while that 30 million..I can't believe someone one would give him that..anyway, is less than half he would get if he played in Canada.
    Houston almost 40 million with no tax vs Canadian taxed 15.5 million clean..oh yeah they can't hide that money in retirement saving bond or whatever, anymore..
    Canada just change that...
    If he takes raptors deal than his bigger idiot than I thought..
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

I want u go take a look at Texas Tax bracket compare 2 Ontario, Canada bracket, so..Houston has no tax so ever if anything, while that 30 million..I can't believe someone one would give him that..anyway, is less than half he would get if he played in Canada.
      Houston almost 40 million with no tax vs Canadian taxed 15.5 million clean..oh yeah they can't hide that money in retirement saving bond or whatever, anymore..
      Canada just change that...
      If he takes raptors deal than his bigger idiot than I thought..
      LOL Houston has no state tax, they still have to pay federal taxes.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Also with regards to taxes you still have to pay taxes when you play on the road. So most of those other 41 games. It's probably not much of a factor for these guys. Otherwise Dallas, San Antonio and Orlando would be big time free agent players.. and they mostly aren't.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Also with regards to taxes you still have to pay taxes when you play on the road. So most of those other 41 games. It's probably not much of a factor for these guys. Otherwise Dallas, San Antonio and Orlando would be big time free agent players.. and they mostly aren't.
          They all have really good accountants

Comment

• Please houston be santa claus

Comment

• Yikes, is Stein saying the Rockets would give out a 2 year max deal for Fred?

Need a plan B when he takes it. I really don't want Flynn to be the starter by default.

Comment

Also with regards to taxes you still have to pay taxes when you play on the road. So most of those other 41 games. It's probably not much of a factor for these guys. Otherwise Dallas, San Antonio and Orlando would be big time free agent players.. and they mostly aren't.
                We are talking about young mostly stupid adults.
                Many of them are just happy earning millions and get to play in front of fans.

Comment

Yikes, is Stein saying the Rockets would give out a 2 year max deal for Fred?

Need a plan B when he takes it. I really don't want Flynn to be the starter by default.
                  DiVincenzo is now UFA
                  Suitable replacement but why are we not in that fcvking list masai?

The Timberwolves, Rockets, Knicks and Lakers are reportedly among the teams who might pursue DiVincenzo, who could command the full $12.4MM non-taxpayer mid-level exception.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/06/...ne-option.html

Comment

Yeah, this is what has been floating around the past few days, the 2/~80 deal is a max offer, as his max salary is 40M.

As before, the question is whether that 2 year offer is enough to get him to leave longer term deals on the table with more total money guaranteed.

Flynn won't be the starter. If they default to anything it will be Scottie with a shooter like GTJ getting the starting spot. Which is also not great.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

DiVincenzo is now UFA
                      Suitable replacement
                      No, I want an actual PG.

Comment

No, I want an actual PG.
                        Good luck with that

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Good luck with that
                          I'd trade OG for one in a flash. Garland would be top of my list. Mentioned him in the off season thread.

Comment

I'd trade OG for one in a flash. Garland would be top of my list. Mentioned him in the off season thread.
                            I am vehemently opposed to that lol.
                            Every team covets OG, there's many reasons why.

OG for Garland doesn't seem right. And I like the kid.

Donte's job will only be to bring up the ball and play D.
                            Scottie will take over once the ball crosses the half court.
                            Last edited by Kagemusha; Wed Jun 28, 2023, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Does Fred want a 3 year 90 million or 2 year 86 million .. If he is going to bet on himself which he always does then he will take the 2 year .. If he wants to win he could seek a sigh and trade with a team like the Lakers .. We will see what his motivation is
                              when he signs .. He has his ring so it can be about the $$ now .

Comment

I can see the argument for an OG trade for Garland. Still feels like we'd go right back to trying to find an OG once we have a Garland, unfortunately...

But if it's OG and filler, I could see it. Adding picks? Not sure I see the Raps going that way.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X