Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    I don't think DD will be back for 5 years.. I think Masai will get him for 4, but the 4th will be a PO. Just a gut feeling on it. Plus the amount will blow most of us away (in a good way).. probably settle on $90M for 4 years. Way off his max but still high enough to make him happy and rich.

DD is loyal. And Masai is just too good in negotiations. I kind of feel bad for DD and his agent. Actually I don't.. $90M guaranteed is a lot of cash. If DD was about money he'd have a lot of sponsorship deals lined up. He's got like one sponsor right? Klipsch Audio.. and not much else I don't think. Although he does bring in about $2K per tweet based on this source.

Personally I'd be surprised if DD took more than $100M.. and even more so if he got 5 years.
    I believe he also appears for Pizza Pizza... but yeah I dont know what sponsorships he'll get in LA -- maybe one or two more local firms but its not like Nike or Under Armor is ready to throw multi millions at him because he plays in LA... still way too many NBAer's who got more value then him on that front...

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
      Or he's insecure abt not many teams wanting him enough that Raptors start low balling the offer. If you are a so-so player Would you rather start with Toronto in negotiations and reach a deal close to max when you know they want you back too or would you go to the market to put your value down when you find out only Philly wants you and not many teams are that high on you. Off chance but still a risk. Not like Demar is a must have piece out in the market to get scooped.
      Lol wtf???? DD is probably gonna be one of the more sought after free agents in the market. Highly doubt he's worried about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
        I believe he also appears for Pizza Pizza... but yeah I dont know what sponsorships he'll get in LA -- maybe one or two more local firms but its not like Nike or Under Armor is ready to throw multi millions at him because he plays in LA... still way too many NBAer's who got more value then him on that front...
        He already has a deal with Nike. And of course the value would go up if played in LA, in terms of endorsements.

You think porzingas would be getting the insane amount of endorsements he's been getting in NY, versus if he was in Milwaukee or something??

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
          He already has a deal with Nike. And of course the value would go up if played in LA, in terms of endorsements.

You think porzingas would be getting the insane amount of endorsements he's been getting in NY, versus if he was in Milwaukee or something??
          http://youtu.be/bw1cHykOxqg
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
            This is wishful thinking. He's not settling for $90M over 4 after being on a below market-value contract for the last 3 years. His agent will impress upon him that he's not going to recoup money through endorsements if he takes less to stay in Toronto.

Foregone conclusion that he's getting north of $100M.
            Isn't that less than Carroll? That's not happening.

Comment

• Carroll makes 14M a year or so. Over 5 years that would be 70M, so the suggested 90M is well above Carroll. But will still never happen. He's getting max or near max. If he gives a hometown discount it will be on the order of 5/130 instead of 5/144, not 5/110 or 5/90 or 5/5.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Carroll makes 14M a year or so. Over 5 years that would be 70M, so the suggested 90M is well above Carroll. But will still never happen. He's getting max or near max. If he gives a hometown discount it will be on the order of 5/130 instead of 5/144, not 5/110 or 5/90 or 5/5.
                That's awful concrete.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
                  That's awful concrete.
                  Yeah? You want to show me the last time a star player left ~40M on the table as a home town discount, when they were actually a free agent and weren't signing an extension ahead of time for security reasons?

It's just not a realistic expectation. I've got as much faith in Masai as anyone, but 5/130 would be a victory for Masai. 5/125 would be really impressive. 5/110? Miracle.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• ^Those salary numbers for DD's production (and lack there of) are disgusting. I really hope Ujiri is a smarter man than 5/130 being a victory

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                      I don't even think he's taking his free agency seriously. He probably knows what he's going to do already and constantly talking abt Toronto and being loyal points to him wanting to stay.

At what salary?

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        ^Those salary numbers for DD's production (and lack there of) are disgusting. I really hope Ujiri is a smarter man than 5/130 being a victory
                        With DeMar AND the team coming back better than ever next year, those Win Shares are just going to keep on climbin'. It's a pretty easy bet for Masai actually, with the cap going up and the team finally ready to start spending above the cap.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          With DeMar AND the team coming back better than ever next year, those Win Shares are just going to keep on climbin'. It's a pretty easy bet for Masai actually, with the cap going up and the team finally ready to start spending above the cap.
                          Is there really much expectation that Demar will improve on last season? Repeat last season would be the expectation but I don't think he's really going to be able to be better without a deep shot or defence.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            ^Those salary numbers for DD's production (and lack there of) are disgusting. I really hope Ujiri is a smarter man than 5/130 being a victory
                            The only way I can see DeMar improving on his production from this year is if his USG% goes through the roof. He's a volume scorer dependent on FTs, and barring a competent 3PT shot or increasing his midrange efficiency until its on par with Aldridge or Nowitzki, prepare for a regression. Of his 1377 total FGA's this season, 1238 of those were 2PT FGA's. He led the league in 2PT FG's attempted by nearly 100 FGA's over Brook Lopez, and managed to shoot 45% on them. Respectable, but can we really expect him to improve on that going forward?

In the playoffs he shot 39% overall, 15% from 3, and on average cobbled together 21 PPG on 20 FGA's. The only consistent respite for him came when JR Smith was the primary defender on him in the Conference Finals. He doesn't give much on the defensive end in terms of production or effort on a nightly basis either. Masai has his work cut out for him.
                            Last edited by Sinbad; Sun Jun 12, 2016, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
                              The only way I can see DeMar improving on his production from this year is if his USG% goes through the roof. He's a volume scorer dependent on FTs, and barring a competent 3PT shot or increasing his midrange efficiency until its on par with Aldridge or Nowitzki, prepare for a regression. Of his 1377 total FGA's this season, 1238 of those were 2PT FGA's. He led the league in 2PT FG's attempted by nearly 100 FGA's over Brook Lopez, and managed to shoot 45% on them. Respectable, but can we really expect him to improve on that going forward?

In the playoffs he shot 39% overall, 15% from 3, and on average cobbled together 21 PPG on 20 FGA's. The only consistent respite for him came when JR Smith was the primary defender on him in the Conference Finals. He doesn't give much on the defensive end in terms of production or effort on a nightly basis either. Masai has his work cut out for him.
                              uhhh wtf is a '2pt fga'. completely useless without breaking that up into actual types of shots. a midrange jumper is completely different from a dunk. but both are '2pt fgas'.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                uhhh wtf is a '2pt fga'. completely useless without breaking that up into actual types of shots. a midrange jumper is completely different from a dunk. but both are '2pt fgas'.
                                Simply tried to illustrate that the majority of his FGA's come from inside the arc. Don't bite my head off.

Comment

Working...
                                X