Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Demar Derozan

JWash wrote: View Post
    It's interesting how one can be so sure of the salary a player is going to get in the offseason.
    I've never seen a sports writer predict anything less. Only people I've seen predict less reside in this forum.

When it comes to on the court, I trust the forum. When it comes to dollars and deals, I trust the pros.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      I've never seen a sports writer predict anything less. Only people I've seen predict less reside in this forum.

When it comes to on the court, I trust the forum. When it comes to dollars and deals, I trust the pros.
      The “Max Me or Talk to Me in a Year” Centers

Jonas Valanciunas: Valanciunas is a lock to demand a max-level extension. Large humans get paid, and this large human shot 51 percent on post-ups as a 22-year-old banging against the world’s toughest bigs, per Synergy Sports. He’s a beast on the offensive glass, shoots almost 80 percent from the line, and should develop as a pick-and-roll finisher — both at the rim, and with a soft midrange jumper.
      http://grantland.com/the-triangle/we...ney-community/

Comment

• Ok...not sure it's necessarily relevant to compare a rookie extension before the cap boom and a UFA after the cap boom. So still, haven't seen any writer express anything less than max for DD.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          Ok...not sure it's necessarily relevant to compare a rookie extension before the cap boom and a UFA after the cap boom. So still, haven't seen any writer express anything less than max for DD.
          It'll be interesting. He's always expressed love for Toronto, so you have to wonder if taking a discount is an option for him. That said - can anyone think of a player who was smack in the middle of their prime and signed their first big deal at any kind of discount? I can't. Discounts come as a player's career is winding down.
          Last edited by JimiCliff; Thu Dec 17, 2015, 09:43 AM.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Giving Demar a max deal will lock us into "good but not very good/great" mode.

Sadly, i expect MLSE will be more than happy with that. Having a "max player" will give them an excuse to cut budgets elsewhere. They'll get some playoff revenue / hype, without having to break the bank on a championship squad.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              I think we should trade DeRozan
              Do you have enough faith in TR to move back into the starting rotation?

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                Think about how steph curry feels. He's arguably the best player in the nba and he's getting paid less than terrence ross
                Great point. But unlike TR he has a ring.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  Do you have enough faith in TR to move back into the starting rotation?
                  If I'm being absolutely honest; under a different coach, yes. Same coach? Absolutely not.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• A demar trade doesnt automatically mean Ross is starting.

Yes it is one possiblity.

so is:
                    1) a new sg comes back in said trade
                    2) a new SF comes back and Carroll slides to the sg spot.
                    3) JJ starts and Carroll at sg
                    4) Joseph starts at sg
                    5) a secondary trade is made to acquire a stop gap sg if any other option does not work out well.

Comment

• I'd have to imagine that a DD trade means that CoJo starts at the 2, plays limited backup 1 minutes and we bring in Wright to play a 10 MPG role alongside one of CoJo or Lowry.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                        If I'm being absolutely honest; under a different coach, yes. Same coach? Absolutely not.
                        Ok fair enough. Unfortunately we won't have a new coach at least until next season.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          I'd have to imagine that a DD trade means that CoJo starts at the 2, plays limited backup 1 minutes and we bring in Wright to play a 10 MPG role alongside one of CoJo or Lowry.
                          Delon Wright has played pretty well in D-league. I really would like him to get a chance.

Comment

• I had a dream last night that Masai traded Demar. I can't remember the return, but the forum exploded.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              It'll be interesting. He's always expressed love for Toronto, so you have to wonder if taking a discount is an option for him. That said - can anyone think of a player who was smack in the middle of their prime and signed their first big deal at any kind of discount? I can't. Discounts come as a player's career is winding down.
                              Lebron James. Wade and Bosh did too. Wasn't their first real contract, but nor would this be Demars.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                Lebron James. Wade and Bosh did too. Wasn't their first real contract, but nor would this be Demars.
                                So, three players took a paycut to fit all three of their deals on the same team's cap space in the same summer to form a superteam. How exactly is that applicable to DeRozan's situation?
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X