X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    He seems to have an extra bounce in his step against the "big name" center matchups.
    Yeah.. he seems to always do well against plodding bigs like Embiid, Cousins, Gobert, Drummond, Whiteside, Jordan.

But struggles against most other teams.. well, and Gortat for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    One thing I noticed about JV in that Philly game was that he came out with a tonne of energy in that 4th quarter. He was sprinting to set screens like I've never seen him do before. It's like he is content to know that regardless of his play (right now) they are going to use him for a set amount of minutes so he was going to go balls out for those minutes.
    He seems to have an extra bounce in his step against the "big name" center matchups.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    One thing I noticed about JV in that Philly game was that he came out with a tonne of energy in that 4th quarter. He was sprinting to set screens like I've never seen him do before. It's like he is content to know that regardless of his play (right now) they are going to use him for a set amount of minutes so he was going to go balls out for those minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Just thinking back to that series of JV dunks and scoring culminating is the missed 3. JV makes that 3 and the roof would have caved in on Scotiabank Place....(still a dumb name)
    There's the ScotiaBank Place in Ottawa, ScotiaBank arena in Toronto, ScotiaBank Centre in Halifax, ScotiaBank Saddledome in Calgary, and the ScotiaBank Convention Centre in Niagara.

When will the madness stop???

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    JV dunks were getting as rare as Derozan dunks

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Just thinking back to that series of JV dunks and scoring culminating is the missed 3. JV makes that 3 and the roof would have caved in on Scotiabank Place....(still a dumb name)

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Mitch P wrote: View Post
    This was the first time in awhile that JV has been getting the ball in the post reasonably early in the shot clock. As aggressive as he was I don't think there are many posts big or small who could stop him. Why he isn't in that "beast mode" more often might be a matter of his own psychological makeup as much as the Raptor's offence. But it was great to see and I'm hoping to see it more often.....why not every night. His big dunk off the CJ (?!!) pass might have been my favourite Raptor moment so far this year.
    The one thing JV has always needed is to be a bit more decisive on the catch in the post. Last game he did that.

But he's also by far the most comfortable playing a guy his size (or bigger) in the post. He's out of sync when he has to run all over the floor or when he's got to deal with a smaller guy trying to draw fouls, poke the ball, etc.

JV is in heaven matched up against a 250+ pound 7 footer on the block who wants to play physical defence, it's in his comfort zone and it suits his offensive game.

Leave a comment:

• Tmac2darak
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Stay away from the egg nog Yuri
    Lol

Leave a comment:

• BadDinosaur
    replied
    Truth Teller wrote: View Post
    If Joel Embiid owns a lot of real estate in Drummond HQ & JV owns some of Embiid Corp. Does that mean JV owns all those Drummond shares too?

BTW I noticed Embiid never smack talks JV. Guy becomes a damn choir boy when we play.
    Well, since JV owned Drummond for years and Embid took some Drummond shares without asking JV... JV decided to own Embid. That way he's got all of Embid AND Drummond shares to himself. JV is a ruthless business man. #sharktank

Leave a comment:

• Truth Teller
    replied
    If Joel Embiid owns a lot of real estate in Drummond HQ & JV owns some of Embiid Corp. Does that mean JV owns all those Drummond shares too?

BTW I noticed Embiid never smack talks JV. Guy becomes a damn choir boy when we play.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    In the playoffs.. one of Kyle, Kawhi and Siakam need to be on the floor at all times. Strange to see Siakam's name listed there but he's legit now.
    I agree and I'd even go a step further and have two of these three on the floor at all times (+ JV or Serge). Then have the other two spots rotate between FVV/Wright/OG/Green

Leave a comment:

• Mitch P
    replied
    This was the first time in awhile that JV has been getting the ball in the post reasonably early in the shot clock. As aggressive as he was I don't think there are many posts big or small who could stop him. Why he isn't in that "beast mode" more often might be a matter of his own psychological makeup as much as the Raptor's offence. But it was great to see and I'm hoping to see it more often.....why not every night. His big dunk off the CJ (?!!) pass might have been my favourite Raptor moment so far this year.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    In the playoffs.. one of Kyle, Kawhi and Siakam need to be on the floor at all times. Strange to see Siakam's name listed there but he's legit now.
    Oh forsure. I'm sure Kawhi will be getting 40 min a game.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Expect more Siakam with the bench and Wright handling the ball. That was the best the mob has done all year
    This I agree with. It would be hard to bench Siakam now, but he needs to be with the bench more. He gave the mob their identity last year.

Him being out there more with them and FVV handling the ball less should help sort out some of the more major issues with the bench. Then we just need at least one of Miles or OG to start knocking down open looks. Hopefully both can get going...OG is actually playing mostly well but missing shots. I've never seen a vet come in like CJ in great shape and be such total horseshit, though. He hasn't really looked like an NBA caliber player this season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X