Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    What was I thinking critiquing JV. Wont happen again.
    You're critiquing him on a game you did not watch based off a tweet that mentioned him as in the game (because he was most known NBA player there) with the assumption JV guarded him because dude is listed as a C on draftExpress.

Your bias clearly shows and you jumped at the opportunity to shit on JV without even stopping to think basic elementary questions as to the circumstances of the game.

#trolling

Comment

• JV is Center. Poeltl is a Center. Is it so far fetched that they would be guarding each other?
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        For the record I completely disagree with you on your analysis of JV as well but his comment/meme was completely out of line.
        seriously? what is this, preschool?

If you consistently make stupid comments, chances are you'll get called stupid.

Comment

• OG is our king

Comment

• Now guys, why don't we settle down a little. From my perspective, Chr1st1anL's initial assessment of JV's performance in this game was actually spot on.
            We make mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils.

Comment

• why is the shit from the demar thread spilling out now.....

Comment

• JV looked quicker, although rusty a bit. Pretty normal for a first game in months...

Unofficially he had 9pts, 5rbs and 4blks in his first 7 minutes... was really dominate on D... after those blocks, nobody dared to post up against him for the remainder of the game...

Was a bit more passive in the remaining 10 minutes or so... but finished with 14pts 11rbs 4blks and 2 ast...

One of those assists came from a deep post play when he got triple-teamed. He found an open teammate for an open 3 with a lazer pass across the court. Didn't hesitate either, seemed very fluid and deliberate in that sequence as he held the ball for less than 3 seconds attracting the double first, then the triple-team and then launched the pass he was expecting to before the sequence even started. Looked like he knew exactly what he was gonna do.

Also he had no fouls, I think. That was pretty impressive, as he had a ton of blocks and contested even more shots.

Hope that injury is nothing serious.

Comment

• BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
                  JV looked quicker, although rusty a bit. Pretty normal for a first game in months...

Unofficially he had 9pts, 5rbs and 4blks in his first 7 minutes... was really dominate on D... after those blocks, nobody dared to post up against him for the remainder of the game...

Was a bit more passive in the remaining 10 minutes or so... but finished with 14pts 11rbs 4blks and 2 ast...

One of those assists came from a deep post play when he got triple-teamed. He found an open teammate for an open 3 with a lazer pass across the court. Didn't hesitate either, seemed very fluid and deliberate in that sequence as he held the ball for less than 3 seconds attracting the double first, then the triple-team and then launched the pass he was expecting to before the sequence even started. Looked like he knew exactly what he was gonna do.

Also he had no fouls, I think. That was pretty impressive, as he had a ton of blocks and contested even more shots.

FIBA is not NbA but hopefully that is a sign of things to come!!!

Comment

• BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
                    JV looked quicker, although rusty a bit. Pretty normal for a first game in months...

Refs must have been Lithunians right?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      Refs must have been Lithunians right?
                      Where is Patric Young these days
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        Where is Patric Young these days
                        LOL - I forgot about him talking about JV

Wasn't he signed by Pellies?

And then there is Wiki for all your (possible) truths:

After going undrafted in the 2014 NBA draft, Young joined the New Orleans Pelicans for the 2014 NBA Summer League.[3][4][5] On July 24, 2014, he signed with the Pelicans.[6] On November 30, 2014, he was waived by the Pelicans before appearing in a game for them.[7]

On December 3, 2014, Young signed with Galatasaray Liv Hospital of Turkey for the rest of the 2014–15 season.[8] In 24 Turkish League games, he averaged 10.5 points and 7.9 rebounds per game.

On June 27, 2015, Young joined the Phoenix Suns for the 2015 NBA Summer League.[9] On July 17, 2015, he signed a two-year contract with the Greek club Olympiacos.[10]

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          LOL - I forgot about him talking about JV

Wasn't he signed by Pellies?

And then there is Wiki for all your (possible) truths:

After going undrafted in the 2014 NBA draft, Young joined the New Orleans Pelicans for the 2014 NBA Summer League.[3][4][5] On July 24, 2014, he signed with the Pelicans.[6] On November 30, 2014, he was waived by the Pelicans before appearing in a game for them.[7]

On December 3, 2014, Young signed with Galatasaray Liv Hospital of Turkey for the rest of the 2014–15 season.[8] In 24 Turkish League games, he averaged 10.5 points and 7.9 rebounds per game.

On June 27, 2015, Young joined the Phoenix Suns for the 2015 NBA Summer League.[9] On July 17, 2015, he signed a two-year contract with the Greek club Olympiacos.[10]
                          remember when he was a "TOP NBA PROSPECT GLORY TO GOD!"?

Comment

• It would be something if Jonas could bring a skill level that made it possible for Casey to start Biyombo beside him. Carroll/Biyombo/Jonas could have the potential to be one of the best defensive-frontcourts in basketball. Biyombo played plenty of minutes next to Al Jefferson, a pretty traditional back-to-the-basket big man, and is very mobile, able to hedge and contest 3s. He doesn't have the 'summer 3' but otherwise I could see him playing Amir's role. This would allow us to find minutes for Bebe and keep Patterson in his scoring role off the bench.

But all this is pretty dependent on Jonas confidently taking and hitting 12-15 footers, operating in the high post, etc. Think he (and Bismack) can get there? DeMar being a legitimate threat from 3 wouldn't hurt either...

Lowry/Cory/Delon
                            DeMar/Ross/Powell
                            Carroll/JJ/Bruno
                            Bismack/PP/Scola
                            Jonas/Bebe/...

Damn we've got a deep team.
                            Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Thu Aug 13, 2015, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Dwane Casey wrote: View Post
                              Now guys, why don't we settle down a little. From my perspective, Chr1st1anL's initial assessment of JV's performance in this game was actually spot on.
                              I think he should have scrambled more.
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• ..yo is he injured...?

Comment

Working...
                                X