Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S8)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I have some nice top end talent in Gordon Hyward, Irving, John Collins, and Kawhi, and some other nice pieces.....but I am sitting in last place with zero wins. I own my own pick and will be in the mix next year I hope. Between suspensions, injuries, and rest days this has been the strangest season I have ever had but I am not worried about some of the other teams that are locked in at the top spots, they are beatable.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

    Comment


    • tucas wrote: View Post
      My point is more I can look at your team and I would clearly see 5 or 6 players who are better than my best player. Yet we’re separated by just 1 game.

      There’s been a huge difference between my team and the teams at the bottom of the league, yet I feel I’m closer to them than to making up that 1gb difference to you, or even Koncept, or Mack, or Axel.

      But maybe I’m just super lucky to be 4-1 right now and I’m overthinking it.
      It is amazing what a year or two of waiting on player development, mixed with trades, can do for a team. Almost all those guys you mention weren't on my team two years ago and so a lot can change pretty fast. I'd view your performance as natural progression. Last year you won seven and now you're likely to win 10, 11, 12? Somewhere in there. Next season or the season after maybe you're top tier contender; all it would take is a couple moves at the right time.

      Its tough to compare records early on in the season. Based on what I know of, I think there are a couple good places to get a sense of where a team is at: 1. Head-to head cumulative stats and 2. Fantasy Pros league import & analysis (edit: "My Playbook"). Fantasy Pros isn't something focused on dynasty leagues though, it's all about the right here and now.
      Last edited by Apollo; Tue Nov 26th, 2019, 07:07 AM.

      Comment


      • WJF wrote: View Post
        I have some nice top end talent in Gordon Hyward, Irving, John Collins, and Kawhi, and some other nice pieces.....but I am sitting in last place with zero wins. I own my own pick and will be in the mix next year I hope. Between suspensions, injuries, and rest days this has been the strangest season I have ever had but I am not worried about some of the other teams that are locked in at the top spots, they are beatable.
        Your team has a ton of talent but bad luck and circumstance seems to be working against you more than anything.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

        If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

        Comment


        • I've got a huge games played advantage in this wacky Thanksgiving week, so if I drop this week I'm gonna be pissed. Good start at least.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

          Comment


          • when the bam trade first happened, i mistook dinwiddie for lavert. was disappointed when i realized they aren't the same person. dinwiddie is up to 59 in the league. spencer "green like throw in" dinwiddie has been great.

            Comment


            • DanH wrote: View Post
              I've got a huge games played advantage in this wacky Thanksgiving week, so if I drop this week I'm gonna be pissed. Good start at least.
              It must be fun having Spicy P and Fred.

              One of these days I'll have a Raptor on my roster. I mean I could have had Davis and so too could 14 other teams who are likely kicking themselves with me. Props to jbml for signing him. *pauses and goes to look up what it cost him to add Davis* It only cost him $196. Never mind, I didn't have that kind of money because Ballswin jacked up the damn price of PJ on me.

              Comment


              • Apollo wrote: View Post

                It must be fun having Spicy P and Fred.
                It is very fun having those two. I was wallowing in this league for a long time and not sure if I would ever really make up any ground, but managing to add Spicy P off the waiver wire last season and Fred in free agency this year, I'm starting to feel like I have my feet under me. Now just need some of these prospects to pay off.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                Comment


                • DanH wrote: View Post

                  It is very fun having those two. I was wallowing in this league for a long time and not sure if I would ever really make up any ground, but managing to add Spicy P off the waiver wire last season and Fred in free agency this year, I'm starting to feel like I have my feet under me. Now just need some of these prospects to pay off.
                  was it last year, or two years ago. sometimes this league melts together, in its unending prod. pascal was added/dropped by several teams, i had him for a bit, and then you got him and held him. franchise changing move.

                  i thought the fred for 200 was a raptor overpayment, but he has been incredible this year.

                  just looked #11, and 12. haha

                  Comment


                  • Miekenstien wrote: View Post

                    was it last year, or two years ago. sometimes this league melts together, in its unending prod. pascal was added/dropped by several teams, i had him for a bit, and then you got him and held him. franchise changing move.

                    i thought the fred for 200 was a raptor overpayment, but he has been incredible this year.

                    just looked #11, and 12. haha
                    I thought Fred would be good this year but I never for a second did I think he would crack the top 60, let alone the top 20. I mean right now this add is in Klay territory in terms of fantasy impact. Adding a guy producing like that right out of the gate at the auction is damn near impossible most years. Dan is heading to the playoffs in my opinion.

                    Comment


                    • yeah i knew FVV was gonna progress but did not quite expect this sustained amazingness. nice offseason add. I remember seeing pascal dropped a bit during a few seasons ago.... great addition Dan. should we all just be hoarding raptors prospects haha?such a good real life result for raptors development program. cmon Thybulle lets try and not get relegated to the G league.....
                      in masai we trust

                      water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                      Comment


                      • Doesn't it suck when you find out there is an early game and you didn't set your lineups optimally in time? Ugh!

                        Comment


                        • Apollo where are our daily Little updates? It seemed like we were getting them everyday but it’s been really quiet since he’s scored 7 points in the last 4 games combined

                          Comment


                          • If anyone wants to make me a good offer for Irving I would listen.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                            Comment


                            • WJF wrote: View Post
                              If anyone wants to make me a good offer for Irving I would listen.
                              Sent an offer

                              Comment


                              • tucas wrote: View Post
                                Apollo where are our daily Little updates? It seemed like we were getting them everyday but it’s been really quiet since he’s scored 7 points in the last 4 games combined
                                Sorry, I've been distracted with my looming 6th straight win. Little is in the gym working hard, hoping he can contribute soon on a nightly basis to this top tier championship contender. Any other questions before we conclude this press conference?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X