Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S8)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mack North wrote: View Post
    Everyone staying home and staying healthy? I just started work-from-home today, it's pretty lax

    I can't see the NBA season continuing after all this is said and done... it's not going to slow down anytime soon.

    Will this create confusion for contracts? Do they all expire as normal once the season is officially done or cancelled?
    I started working from home today too. Friday I was working out the kinks but its all good now. I don't have much to do though. I got EA Access for a month to play Madden 20. I'm just about to kick off the 2020 season. It's the only sports in my how now besides a little 2k.

    I think contracts should follow the NBA. If they have a draft and free agency then we should too.

    Comment


    • 007 wrote: View Post
      Yeah, with the way North America has handled the situation so far, there's no way the NBA is coming back in the next couple months. Just have to focus on getting next season up and running at the normal time I guess
      Plus they're saying there likely will be a second wave in the fall. This might mess with our league and more importantly, our lives then as well...

      Comment


      • i have the same feeling. Adam won't want an extended playoffs to set precedent for a shorter season next season. he's also pretty progressive and will likely just cancel this whole playoffs kind of like a strike year. i would assume we just roll forward like most other years which sucks for other owners like me who made all in moves, but it is what it is.
        in masai we trust

        water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

        Comment


        • EA Sports/2KSports should partner with Yahoo Fantasy Sports to create virtual leagues.
          RR OG

          Comment


          • happy easter guys. i have been winning for weeks now. it's pretty impressive. i feel like 007 from a couple years ago since quarantine started.

            Comment


            • welp. Booker won the 2k NBA players tournament. And he represents my team. so queue the music!
              Last edited by koncept; Tue Apr 14, 2020, 06:02 AM.
              in masai we trust

              water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

              Comment


              • koncept wrote: View Post
                welp. Booker won the 2k NBA players tournament. And he represents my team. so queue the music!
                Found your song..
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyeg9sMUw5s
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                Comment


                • Anyone want to post the potential Draft Lottery positions for the league? I am to lazy to go look.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                  Comment


                  • who's gonna be lucky enough to draft this years Anthony Bennett!!
                    in masai we trust

                    water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                    Comment


                    • I think its still a 50/50 toss up as to if the season is over. The Raptors are the only team in the league playing in a country led mostly by common sense when it comes to health care anyway! Some US cities will open soon, some US towns are already opening. My prediction is a total clusterfuck given their current numbers but if I'm wrong then game on, maybe?

                      No pick this year. No pick next year. I think I might keep my 2022 pick but then again who knows? Picks are damn fine trade assets.

                      Comment


                      • Apollo wrote: View Post
                        I think its still a 50/50 toss up as to if the season is over. The Raptors are the only team in the league playing in a country led mostly by common sense when it comes to health care anyway! Some US cities will open soon, some US towns are already opening. My prediction is a total clusterfuck given their current numbers but if I'm wrong then game on, maybe?

                        No pick this year. No pick next year. I think I might keep my 2022 pick but then again who knows? Picks are damn fine trade assets.
                        With two teams playing in NYC, I don’t see any away team agreeing to playing them before the pandemic is deemed to be done; and, both MSG & Barclays Centre may need to be commandeered by the State to house the thousands of daily dead corpses overwhelming the morgues.
                        RR OG

                        Comment


                        • 16. Rebel scum
                          15. Peaceful galactic empire
                          14. Jbml
                          13. Mars attacks
                          12. Tucassesses
                          11. Wtf
                          10. Joey "chicks or homework, no contest, whoa" (remember Joey? Member?) I watched blossom everyday
                          9. Drizzle foshizzle
                          8. Take me to Coach
                          7. Did something just happen?
                          6. DanH
                          5. Bond fake bond
                          4. Guy who gets killed while showboating after decades of being the undefeated greatest
                          3. Mkp
                          2. I have an idea for a thing, but I haven't really decided on it
                          1. Me Miekenstien forgot axel was in first place when the season suspended.


                          That's our reverse standings as it stands now.

                          Comment


                          • Details shmetails.

                            You know what? I think playoff teams should get a bailout from the league in the form of the right to re-sign an extra player in the off-season. The regular season never ended and so for there to be a lottery the league needs to 'give' something and if lotto teams are being given something by the league, so too should playoff teams. We were making moves this year for something we never recieved. Never would have dealt for Marc Gasol if I knew the season were to be cancelled. Most teams in the playoff seeding can say the same. Please give us a one time extra FA signing. The 'ballers bailout' of 2020, the first bailout that actually helps the common man.

                            Change. Yes we can and other political catch phrases. Who's with me?

                            Comment


                            • Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Details shmetails.

                              You know what? I think playoff teams should get a bailout from the league in the form of the right to re-sign an extra player in the off-season. The regular season never ended and so for there to be a lottery the league needs to 'give' something and if lotto teams are being given something by the league, so too should playoff teams. We were making moves this year for something we never recieved. Never would have dealt for Marc Gasol if I knew the season were to be cancelled. Most teams in the playoff seeding can say the same. Please give us a one time extra FA signing. The 'ballers bailout' of 2020, the first bailout that actually helps the common man.

                              Change. Yes we can and other political catch phrases. Who's with me?

                              Comment


                              • its simple. trickle down economics. we the playoff teams, get an extra FA signing, which stimulates the league economy, making it better for everyone! in fact! give us an extra draft pick while were at it for all our hard work! trust me, it'll benefit the greater good of the league! We spend, the middle class spends, and your average everyday Miekenstein-types gets to spend too! what we have we got to lose?
                                in masai we trust

                                water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X