Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 007 wrote: View Post
    Cowboys beat Detroit because of a call, lose to the Packers because of a call

Also, it doesn't matter, because Seattle is going to wipe the floor with Green Bay next weekend.

Go Seahawks
    By all accounts the Hawks should win...but...watch out for those refs!!! Amazing that they cant even get the call right with all the replays.

I am just watching the games with no bones and these calls just destroy the experience of the final outcome. Fans should have an expectation of decent calls especially when there are replays...and this wasnt even close.

There must be a few bettors screaming murder ....Rockwell?

Comment

• The thing about the refs is that during the regular season they all work with the same crew each week. Once playoffs hit, the best of each crew is put together. That boggles my mind even more that such big calls are essentially deciding these close ones.

I'm not gonna hang my hat on the one call and say it was the difference, because both teams had missed opportunities. It just really fucking sucks when its YOUR team and youve been waiting 20 years to get back to glory... but hey, as Raps fans we've been in it 20 years and haven't had any glory yet, so we know.

Its a bullshit call and hopefully they make a change. Go Colts!

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
        Dont agree with that at all. But whatever, Green Bay beat us. Good Luck, Apollo. Im rooting for Packers if Colts lose.
        Thanks Mack, fingers crossed. That was a pretty good game. The Cowboys' O-line outplayed the Packers' d-line most of the game. It's tough going into Lambeau and coming out a winner though.

I wonder what would have happened the Cowboys just kicked it instead of hitting Dez down field. I thought it was an unnecessary risk at the point in the game even though they almost made it work.

007 wrote: View Post
        Cowboys beat Detroit because of a call, lose to the Packers because of a call

Also, it doesn't matter, because Seattle is going to wipe the floor with Green Bay next weekend.

Go Seahawks
        It's very rare to go to the Super Bowl back to back years. The odds are against it happening and the Packers are hot. Things are a lot different than week one so if anyone can go into Seattle right now and come out on top, it's the Packers.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Thanks Mack, fingers crossed. That was a pretty good game. The Cowboys' O-line outplayed the Packers' d-line most of the game. It's tough going into Lambeau and coming out a winner though.

I wonder what would have happened the Cowboys just kicked it instead of hitting Dez down field. I thought it was an unnecessary risk at the point in the game even though they almost made it work.
          I dunno, Cowboys were pretty successful on 4th down this season so I had no prob with the call. I figured even if they kicked it, Packers would have driven the field and got a TD. Aaron Rodgers is unbelievable.

Comment

• NFL head of officials:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bryant going to the ground. By rule he must hold onto it throughout entire process of contacting the ground. He didn&#39;t so it is incomplete.</p>&mdash; Dean Blandino (@DeanBlandino) <a href="https://twitter.com/DeanBlandino/status/554387681015107584">January 11, 2015</a></blockquote>
            <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Goddam Broncos.

Comment

• Soooooo:

I'm picking a Colts-Seahawks Super Bowl.
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                  Soooooo:

Pats vs Seahawks

Comment

• Green Bay having zero pressure on them is going to be a big deal imho. GB over Seattle.

Pats over Colts

GB over Pats
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      007 wrote: View Post
                      Soooooo:

Pats vs Seahawks
                      You guys can go screw yourselves.

ceez wrote: View Post
                      Green Bay having zero pressure on them is going to be a big deal imho. GB over Seattle.

Pats over Colts

GB over Pats
                      You are on fire!

Comment

• Saying Hawks and Pats.... upset I went 1-3 last week. Lost way too much cash.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• If anyone has the ability to flip the odds on their head it's probably Andrew Luck. I'm not saying he's the best player in the league but he's got some things in his game that can give teams troubles and that may be difficult to protect against on the fly during an intense game.

Comment

• Re GB's chances, I'd give them a good shot against Seattle...BUT....Rodgers leg doesnt look so good and the Hawks defence I am afraid is much more mobile than the Cowboys. He should wrap some cheese around the calf ....

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                              Re GB's chances, I'd give them a good shot against Seattle...BUT....Rodgers leg doesnt look so good and the Hawks defence I am afraid is much more mobile than the Cowboys. He should wrap some cheese around the calf ....
                              Well if Rodgers plays like he did in the first half of the Cowboys games then that's it for them. While he still had zip, that calf muscle was clearly affecting his accuracy even if it wasn't on his planting leg. To his credit he battled back and got it going sometime in the 3rd quarter but this can't happen in Seattle. They're forecasting rain and a high of 11 Celsius for Sunday's game. This may play to the Packers advantage because Rodger's sore muscle won't be further bothered by cold temperatures. Also, the Packers were embarrassed by the Seahawks in week one and they've known since then that there is a good chance they'd need to go through Seattle to get to the Super Bowl. Playing as the underdogs with a chip on their shoulder may be the edge they need.

End of the day, it all comes down to Rodgers' calf and how the Packers' receivers react to the pressure. They can't go surrendering drive killiing drops. I think Lacy and Starks will be a handful. Starks had his was last time they faced off. I think the Packers will contain Wilson to the pocket but Beastmode is gonna be a handful.

Comment

• Prediction: Fox will be the next HC in Chicago and Cutler will stay with the team for one more chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X