No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I always have viewed him a overrated in fantasy. The reason being that his fantasy output is very inconsistent. Sure, he would win you weeks and his final fantasy total at the end of the season was impressive but he had many off weeks where he'd let you down. If that happens in the playoffs you're fucked more than likely.

On the other hand, his predecessor Priest Holmes put up impressive numbers weekly and won me numerous leagues.

Comment

• Comment

• Alright, Kap just literally said now that he's donating "the first million dollars he makes this year" to "one of these organizations". He's also doing a bit of backtracking, saying he took a knee during the anthem tonight to support the vets a little more. Good on him, he's taking this press conference quite seriously.

He still reminds me of the dentist kid from Rudolph the RedNosed Reindeer. F the 49ers.

Again, good on him, he's speaking very well at this press conference.

Comment

• The NFL Thread

Vikings are dumb.

Traded a first and fourth round picks for Sam Bradford. Eagles tried to shop him in April for a pair of 2nd rounders and instead the Vikings pay 1/4 for a guy with $22M guaranteed over this and next season and isn't going to win them a Super Bowl.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Vikings are dumb.

Traded a first and fourth round picks for Sam Bradford. Eagles tried to shop him in April for a pair of 2nd rounders and instead the Vikings pay 1/4 for a guy with $22M guaranteed over this and next season and isn't going to win them a Super Bowl.
            That's how much hope costs. I guess. In all seriousness, Vikings' willingness to give up that much for Sam is concerning.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              That's how much hope costs. I guess. In all seriousness, Vikings' willingness to give up that much for Sam is concerning.
              I would understand if Bradford was a very good QB but he's been decidedly average or mediocre his entire career.

Vikings would have been smarter to simply run the table with Hill (or a cheap alternative) and try and cash in on a good draft pick as a fall back and really make a push next year.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                They had nobody on roster who could keep them competitive. The FA options werent very good. We're entering the final days of pre season and every team is finalizing their rosters. It's the worst time to shop for a QB because it's the most inconvenient time to trade one away. Now couple that with the fact that this is a QB driven league and they're very hard to find. Bradford has a strong arm but hasn't developed much because of all the injuries. They're gambling on Bradford to save their(management) own asses is my guess and Bradford was probably the best option they could afford. This clearly doesn't sound like the actions of a GM with lots of time. Teddy is fucked. He ripped his knee to pieces, torn ACL, dislocated knee so you know it's mangled:

trade for Sam Bradford is also based on belief that Teddy Bridgewater may not be back by start of 2017. Puts his option in question; Jason Cole (@JasonColeBR)
                https://twitter.com/JasonColeBR/stat...88784254935040
                If he's out two seasons this isn't bad IF Bradford delivers. Why? Because they stay competitive and the guys calling the shots buy themselves more time to build. Sam had a QB rating close to 90 and a completion percentage above 61% over the past two seasons. The Vikings have alot of weapons. I'm not looking forward to the Packers playing them this season...

Meanwhile this is a huge deal for Philly. Well done.
                Last edited by Apollo; Sat Sep 3, 2016, 02:07 PM. Reason: .

Comment

• So.. Sanchez gets cut and signs with the Cowboys..
                  Last edited by rocwell; Sat Sep 3, 2016, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• Whoa

Comment

• Vikings

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• With a brand new stadium and hopes for the playoffs this year, it's a little understandable why the Vikings traded for Bradford. Giving up a first rounder though? Hell no.

I pray that Mark Sanchez never sees a single snap in Dallas. I've never liked that guy and I won't enjoy watching the games if he's under center.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                          With a brand new stadium and hopes for the playoffs this year, it's a little understandable why the Vikings traded for Bradford. Giving up a first rounder though? Hell no.

I pray that Mark Sanchez never sees a single snap in Dallas. I've never liked that guy and I won't enjoy watching the games if he's under center.
                          Hopes for the playoffs is the key descriptor. This isn't a team poised for a SB run. With Teddy, they were a dark horse candidate but realistically they aren't better than Arizona, Seattle or Carolina for sure and would be debatable with GB and a healthy Dallas. That puts them as a team on the rise but not a team that should be giving up that much for a guy who, even when healthy, has been fairly mediocre in his career. Based on Bradford's career to date, better chance he gets hurt and misses half the season than he guides them to the playoffs. A complete overpay by Minnesota.

Comment

• 11-5 last year and just upgraded their roster. Carolina wasn't Carolina until they became Carolina if that makes sense. They surprised people because people didn't realize how good they were or could be. All it takes is for the Vikings to get hot at the right time and they could beat every team you mentioned and this isn't fantasy. I mean off the top of my head I can recall both the Giants and Packers winning Super Bowls in years that they barely made the playoffs.

The Vikings have no shot with Hill. Bradford is a better QB than Teddy was last season.

If there's anything I know about the NFL its that what we think we know about every team and how it's all going to playout during the regular season is very inaccurate at best. I don't think your top three are even the top three in the NFC, I mean they were last year but that's old news now. They're all really good but they all didn't make strides forward and you have some teams coming back from key injuries and you have some teams who added key players. You have some teams like the Panthers who lost key players (ie: Josh Norman). Not to mention the injury factors. There will be lots of injuries like every other year, are those three teams best equipped to deal with that? I don't know but there are some teams in the NFC who have overcome that in multiple recent seasons and still were hanging around despite that... Those teams have as good odds in my books.

I think the Vikings are at least a wildcard team this year.
                            Last edited by Apollo; Sun Sep 4, 2016, 01:37 PM. Reason: .

Comment

• The NFL Thread

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              11-5 last year and just upgraded their roster. Carolina wasn't Carolina until they became Carolina if that makes sense. They surprised people because people didn't realize how good they were or could be. All it takes is for the Vikings to get hot at the right time and they could beat every team you mentioned and this isn't fantasy. I mean off the top of my head I can recall both the Giants and Packers winning Super Bowls in years that they barely made the playoffs.

The Vikings have no shot with Hill. Bradford is a better QB than Teddy was last season.

If there's anything I know about the NFL its that what we think we know about every team and how it's all going to playout during the regular season is very inaccurate at best. I don't think your top three are even the top three in the NFC, I mean they were last year but that's old news now. They're all really good but they all didn't make strides forward and you have some teams coming back from key injuries and you have some teams who added key players. You have some teams like the Panthers who lost key players (ie: Josh Norman). Not to mention the injury factors. There will be lots of injuries like every other year, are those three teams best equipped to deal with that? I don't know but there are some teams in the NFC who have overcome that in multiple recent seasons and still were hanging around despite that... Those teams have as good odds in my books.

I think the Vikings are at least a wildcard team this year.
                              Some of that works the other way though, teams that people predict will take the next step either never do (Atlanta during the entire Matt Ryan era) or they take steps back (Rams were a popular "next" team a couple of years ago). To take a shot you need to be pretty damn confident and I just don't think the Vikings are that good. Hill is old but he knows the system and the players. Bradford isn't All-Pro even when healthy, so that's a big risk for a guy who has never proven he's a consistent QB option, who is often injured and has to learn the offence during the season. An unfamiliar QB with questionable credentials to begin with isn't worth a 1st and 4th especially when you are a fringe playoff team to begin with (I say fringe in the sense that they aren't like the Patriots or Cardinals - seemingly locks).

I predict that Bradford starts less than 10 games and the Vikings get less than 9 wins; probably 7-9 or 8-8.

Comment

• Finally the season is here. I can't wait for opening kickoff tonight.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X