No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like Lowry is going to have a monster season in a contract year. He doesn't have to walk the fine line between being aggressive and getting other guys involved like the last 2 seasons, and especially not having to be on pins and needles to build chemistry with Kawhi. He's going to be aggressive. The team badly needs scoring and he will be one of the main guys counted on to pick up the slack. Couple that with the fact that he can play free and relaxed with a fresh NBA championship under his belt and his reputation as a playoff choker mostly quieted.

I could see something like: 17.5 / 7.5 / 5.9 on 22% USG @ 118 ORTG.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      I feel like Lowry is going to have a monster season in a contract year. He doesn't have to walk the fine line between being aggressive and getting other guys involved like the last 2 seasons, and especially not having to be on pins and needles to build chemistry with Kawhi. He's going to be aggressive. The team badly needs scoring and he will be one of the main guys counted on to pick up the slack. Couple that with the fact that he can play free and relaxed with a fresh NBA championship under his belt and his reputation as a playoff choker mostly quieted.

I could see something like: 17.5 / 7.5 / 5.9 on 22% USG @ 118 ORTG.
      Pretty do-able by Lowry. As long as his health allows it
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Couldn't agree more. As you suggest, a pretty conservative estimate.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Yeah, Lowry would be simply returning to slightly below 2017-18 numbers, which was already a down year. Lowry was mentally/emotionally messed up for most of last season, until Masai chewed him out (again) at the trade deadline.

Gasol's numbers will also rise. He'll be more relaxed and not feeling like he needs to sacrifice his scoring as much as he did last year. Also in a contract year, and some guys tend to be more selfish.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, Lowry would be simply returning to slightly below 2017-18 numbers, which was already a down year...
            He was very much deferring to DeRozan that season. And had some significant injurryb issues. This year it's just him and Pascal as the top two scorers, and he doesn't have to defer to anyone. I think it makes a big difference in his numbers. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

He was very much deferring to DeRozan that season. And had some significant injurryb issues. This year it's just him and Pascal as the top two scorers, and he doesn't have to defer to anyone. I think it makes a big difference in his numbers. Just my opinion.
              A lot of Lowry's raw production will depend on the stability of his 3-ball. Over the past 3 seasons, he's had, within the same season, incredibly hot and incredibly cold streaks from deep. Some was physical (like his back & wrist), some was mental, some was adjusting to new coaches and roles. This thumb thing this year worries me a bit, but if that's under control, I feel like all the other aspects (role, coaching, teammates, contract year, mental aspect with the chip earned etc..) will all lead to him playing more relaxed and having a top notch year.

He's always been good in many different aspects of the game, but I feel his defence really took a step up last year, as well as his court vision and handling the pnr (the man is pick and roll savant). Him and Gasol are probably the most intelligent PG-C combo in the league right now. The main thing for them is the age/physical side of things, but if that's managed properly, they'll put up some really good basketball this year.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                Anybody else expecting something like a breakout season from Kyle. I think we get KLOE quite a bit more often.
                Not me, no.
                I expect regression again, hopefully not sulking; he's playing for a contract again tho so you never know.

Comment

• Lowry always seems to get off to great starts. It’s later in the season I worry about if he gets banged up with a heavy workload.

Comment

• The one guy Alex Mckechnie can't keep fully healthy. I wonder how the Clipper's medical staff rate and if they can get Kawhi through a full season.

Comment

• Look at our guy!!! https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...participation/

He's here for the contract year. He's here for the finals (appearance) repeat - remember we still got Norm, the Deer hunter!

He's here to be a Raptor for life (maybe). Kyle Lowry, more loyal than Demar? Probably not ever, but he's got a shot at being longer tenured.

Also Demar's a free agent next summer...

Comment

• Kyle Lowry withdraws from FIBA World Cup participation

Comment

• Lowry is out of Team USA due to his thumb surgery earlier in the summer. As a Raptors fan I’m selfishly a bit happy that our aging point guard gets a longer offseason, but it sucks that a guy who clearly would love to represent his country can’t do so. At least he already has a gold medal
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• If he was always healthy playing for the Raps, I might feel sorry for the dude. But he seldom is now, so I'm happy the excuse of playing in the Summer is gone. Let's go Raps.

Comment

• Lowry dropping out for an actual legit injury makes sense, as opposed to many of the others dropping out when healthy. I saw something the other day thay Jerry Colangelo denied Melo from joining the roster. Not sure where in the timeline this happened, but I'm curious if it has anything to do with why players are withdrawing. Melo still has a lot of respect among the players and I wonder if this is a solidarity thing among the players.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Lowry dropping out for an actual legit injury makes sense, as opposed to many of the others dropping out when healthy. I saw something the other day thay Jerry Colangelo denied Melo from joining the roster. Not sure where in the timeline this happened, but I'm curious if it has anything to do with why players are withdrawing. Melo still has a lot of respect among the players and I wonder if this is a solidarity thing among the players.
                                Doubt it. The only reason he would have thought he might get an invite in the first place is because of all those dropouts.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X