• Show
Clear All

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Not even remotely close to being funny, Nilanka
    i chuckled. Lighten up Iman

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
      Not even remotely close to being funny, Nilanka

Pretty sure God has a sense of humour. He allows the Raptors to exist.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        Pretty sure God has a sense of humour. He allows the Raptors to exist.
        In fact, if you believe in him, you probably should believe he'd have the best sense of humour. After all, look at the platypus.

Comment

• You're all a bunch of heathens. Raptor Jesus will not forget this when the Kevelations are at hand.

Seriously though, I thought the jokes were funny, but I also think it's stupid to say it's always good to jab at religion. Just because something doesn't line up with your belief system doesn't mean you should be intolerant as your default m.o.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            You're all a bunch of heathens. Raptor Jesus will not forget this when the Kevelations are at hand.

Seriously though, I thought the jokes were funny, but I also think it's stupid to say it's always good to jab at religion. Just because something doesn't line up with your belief system doesn't mean you should be intolerant as your default m.o.
            Religion = a set of faith-based beliefs.

Faith = belief in the absence of evidence.

There is nothing virtuous about faith. Faith is simply an admission that one doesn't always think logically....and that is not worthy of respect. Everyone has a right to an opinion, but not every opinion warrants respect.

Now, how 'bout that local sports team?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

There is nothing virtuous about faith. Faith is simply an admission that one doesn't always think logically....and that is not worthy of respect. Everyone has a right to an opinion, but not every opinion warrants respect.

I see we have an atheist on the board

but let's keep the religion talk outside of the forum.

We all have the faith that one day the raps will win the championship! So I guess we all follow that rapto religion
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post

We all have the faith that one day the raps will win the championship! So I guess we all follow that rapto religion

I have faith in the Raptor God!
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post

There have been thousands of different gods that have been worshiped over the years. We're all atheists towards 99% of these gods. I just happen to believe in 1 less god than most

Although Leo Rautins is very close to a deity.

Comment

ok ok, we got you, you're atheist.

No need to talk about religion in this forum guys, if you ask me.. anyone who talks about religion should get warning. Religious talks will always cause disagreements.

Comment

What a load of shit.

Logic is not the highest form of thought. Einstein was a theist and was one of the greatest minds in history, as were Planck, Schrodinger, Heisenberg and countless other scientists and mathematicians, not to mention the vast majority of the greatest artists and writers in history, from Michelangelo to Dostoevsky.

This "logic is the be-all and end-all" nonsense is just a shallow way to feel superior to others, while disregarding the fact that the adherence to such a narrow tenet of understanding is as blindly intransigent as the worst of religious zealots.

Whatever. I'll respect atheism as a worldview even if you don't respect mine.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        ok ok, we got you, you're atheist.

No need to talk about religion in this forum guys, if you ask me.. anyone who talks about religion should get warning. Religious talks will always cause disagreements.
                        Why a warning? Religion is treated like a taboo subject, but it shouldn't be. Would talking about politics also require a warning?

Comment

• If you're confident in you're faith and religion I don't see why anyone should have a problem discussing it with atheists.

Comment

Why a warning? Religion is treated like a taboo subject, but it shouldn't be. Would talking about politics also require a warning?
                            On a thread that is titled lowry to the heat...yes it would

There is nothing about this thread that makes it a political/religious war ground.
                            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              What a load of shit.

Logic is not the highest form of thought. Einstein was a theist and was one of the greatest minds in history, as were Planck, Schrodinger, Heisenberg and countless other scientists and mathematicians, not to mention the vast majority of the greatest artists and writers in history, from Michelangelo to Dostoevsky.

This "logic is the be-all and end-all" nonsense is just a shallow way to feel superior to others, while disregarding the fact that the adherence to such a narrow tenet of understanding is as blindly intransigent as the worst of religious zealots.

Whatever. I'll respect atheism as a worldview even if you don't respect mine.
                              Except atheism isn't a "worldview". It's simply the default position. Everyone is born with this default position.

Are you an aleprechaunist if you don't believe in leprechauns? Is aleprechaunism a worldview?

Brilliant theists have made countless contributions to science/technology/arts and humanity as a whole, there's no denying that. But that doesn't make their faith-based beliefs of sound judgement. There isn't a logical/rational way to defend beliefs that aren't supported by evidence.

If I were to say that Austin Daye is the best PF in the NBA, would anyone take this on faith? Or would every reader here expect me to backup my claim with some sort of statistical measure (i.e. evidence)? Why should life's bigger questions be treated differently?

Comment

Except atheism isn't a "worldview". It's simply the default position. Everyone is born with this default position.

Are you an aleprechaunist if you don't believe in leprechauns? Is aleprechaunism a worldview?

Brilliant theists have made countless contributions to science/technology/arts and humanity as a whole, there's no denying that. But that doesn't make their faith-based beliefs of sound judgement. There isn't a logical/rational way to defend beliefs that aren't supported by evidence.

If I were to say that Austin Daye is the best PF in the NBA, would anyone take this on faith? Or would every reader here expect me to backup my claim with some sort of statistical measure (i.e. evidence)? Why should life's bigger questions be treated differently?
                                Well, the answers life's bigger question are a lot less obvious than whether or not Austin Days is the best PF in the game lol otherwise they wouldn't be big questions

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X