Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 1 of the ECF. Raps @ Bucks. Wednesday May 15th 8:30pm on Sportsnet and TNT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Among teams still in the playoffs, Toronto has been the worst at collecting rebounds, averaging just 41.8 per game. Milwaukee, in comparison, leads all playoff teams with 52 per game.
    The caveat to this is that Milwaukee has had 2nd most rebound chances (compared to Toronto, fewest in rebound chances). Milwaukee's getting 16 more rebounding chances per game, partially due to their pace, partially due to opposition. Both Toronto and Milwaukee are near the bottom in offensive rebounding (13th and 15th). They're tops in defensive rebounding, we're 7th, but we did play two aggressive rebounding teams.

    I expect rebounding to be pretty conservative (high defensive rebounding percentages) in this series, as both teams respect one-another's transition games.

    Comment


    • golden wrote: View Post

      At basketball?
      RPM ranks this season:

      Kyle Lowry 13th

      Eric Bledsoe 26th

      Khris Middleton 48th




      Comment


      • Rob drafted Araujo and traded Vince.. but he was still a part of our Raptor family. RIP



        Comment


        • Scraptor wrote: View Post

          RPM ranks this season:

          Kyle Lowry 13th

          Eric Bledsoe 26th

          Khris Middleton 48th



          and
          Danny Green 12th
          Kawhi 30th

          mmm

          Comment


          • Zak24gege wrote: View Post

            and
            Danny Green 12th
            Kawhi 30th

            mmm
            Danny Green clearly the GOAT

            My point is that the argument is defensible. Lowry is a better shooter than Bledsoe and a better facilitator than Middleton.

            Comment


            • Scraptor wrote: View Post

              Danny Green clearly the GOAT

              My point is that the argument is defensible. Lowry is a better shooter than Bledsoe and a better facilitator than Middleton.
              I'd say that he can be a better shooter than Bledsoe. But he can struggle.

              Lowry's shooting 28.1% from 3 this post season (12 games, 5.3 3PA) with a TS% of 51.7%
              Bledsoe's shooting 27.9% from 3 this post season (9 games, 4.8 3PA) with a TS% of 55.3%

              Lowry should be a lot better. He's going to have some tough defenders this series though. So I think he'll continue to struggle.


              Comment


              • Scraptor wrote: View Post

                Danny Green clearly the GOAT

                My point is that the argument is defensible. Lowry is a better shooter than Bledsoe and a better facilitator than Middleton.
                You have to actually shoot to be a good shooter. Especially when it matters. And is Lowry really a good facilitator when he passes up open 3's to make his teammates take tougher shots? And why are we comparing Lowry to Middleton as a facilitator anyway?

                Bottom line is that the Raptors team ORTG has cratered in the playoffs. If we want to attribute all those intangible offensive stats to Lowry in the regular season, then he has to take the lion's share of the blame for the team's offense sputtering in the playoffs. And the eye test explains exactly why.... he's scared to shoot and/or can't elevate his game to the increased defensive intensity which is cramping up the offense.

                Comment


                • planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Rob drafted Araujo and traded Vince.. but he was still a part of our Raptor family. RIP


                  Babcock was only 66....treasure every day folks

                  Comment


                  • the stage is set

                    Comment


                    • GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

                      Pretty big.
                      Aside from Giannas and Bledsoe...not a ton of speed there...

                      Comment


                      • Guys, the Raptors have a +15 net rating with Lowry on the court in these playoffs (highest on the team). They have a -17 net rating while Lowry sits (lowest on the team). That 32 point swing is obviously the biggest on the team. The only other player who is close is Leonard, with +13, -13 splits. And Leonard without Lowry posts a -19 net rating in these playoffs, while Lowry without Leonard posts a -11 net rating. You may think this is the FVV effect, thinking that Leonard has to play more with him than Lowry does, but Leonard posts a -17 net rating with FVV without Lowry, while Lowry posts a -12 net rating with FVV without Leonard.

                        This is a continuation of a pattern in the playoffs that has held forever - Lowry just makes the team freaking dominant and him sitting makes them suck. People keep judging him by his box scores, and assuming that his shooting poorly is hurting the team, but it's just not true. Hey, sure, they'd probably kill his minutes even more if he hit shots, but it's not preventing him from having the biggest impact on the team. Because he's really freaking good at basketball. Yes, better than Bledsoe or Middleton.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

                        Comment


                        • DanH wrote: View Post
                          Guys, the Raptors have a +15 net rating with Lowry on the court in these playoffs (highest on the team). They have a -17 net rating while Lowry sits (lowest on the team). That 32 point swing is obviously the biggest on the team. The only other player who is close is Leonard, with +13, -13 splits. And Leonard without Lowry posts a -19 net rating in these playoffs, while Lowry without Leonard posts a -11 net rating. You may think this is the FVV effect, thinking that Leonard has to play more with him than Lowry does, but Leonard posts a -17 net rating with FVV without Lowry, while Lowry posts a -12 net rating with FVV without Leonard.

                          This is a continuation of a pattern in the playoffs that has held forever - Lowry just makes the team freaking dominant and him sitting makes them suck. People keep judging him by his box scores, and assuming that his shooting poorly is hurting the team, but it's just not true. Hey, sure, they'd probably kill his minutes even more if he hit shots, but it's not preventing him from having the biggest impact on the team. Because he's really freaking good at basketball. Yes, better than Bledsoe or Middleton.
                          It all makes sense now. Kawhi has been "almost" as good as Lowry in these playoffs. Nice work, Dan. Aggregate On/Off ratings..... FTW.

                          Comment


                          • Comment


                            • Comment


                              • Norman is going to be our secret weapon and will come throughhhhh!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X